Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Yes they play better football but he's hardly improved them by a massive amount, maybe this is he's year, we will see. 

They don't win any more games or score many more, they just draw more under him as he has improved the defence a little. 

20/21 Premier League Premier League First Tier 9 14 15 40:46 -6 41 16 Graham Potter
19/20 Premier League Premier League First Tier 9 14 15 39:54 -15 41 15 Graham Potter
18/19 Premier League Premier League First Tier 9 9 20 35:60 -25 36 17 Chris Hughton
17/18 Premier League Premier League First Tier 9 13 16 34:54 -20 40 15 Chris Hughton

Guest StevieLynex
9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Great figures for us given that we’ve won the double in that time 

Shows the importance of selling Mahrez, Chilwell and Maguire for huge fees. Is that our strategy for the future? If so Tielemans, Fofana and , perhaps, Barnes may be bringing the cash in

Guest StevieLynex
12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Considering we wasted 80m on Silva, Slim and Musa as well.

+ Perez (£30m), Praet (£20m), Vestegaard (£15m), Benkovic (£10m), Ghezzal (£10m), Ward (£12m)

Edited by StevieLynex

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Shows the importance of selling Mahrez, Chilwell and Maguire for huge fees. Is that our strategy for the future? If so Tielemans, Fofana and , perhaps, Barnes may be bringing the cash in

I'd be unbelievable gutted if Barnes ever leaves. I think he's the player I want to stay the most. Players like Fofana and Tielemans were obviously destined for other clubs. I want Barnes to stay and win more trophies with us. I'm sad he didn't get a FA cup winner's medal.

17 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

It seems to be the model and generally our best assets have wanted to move on, albeit that they have done so with mixed outcomes. I really admire Vardy for staying with us when he could have left.

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It seems to be the model and generally our best assets have wanted to move on, albeit that they have done so with mixed outcomes. I really admire Vardy for staying with us when he could have moved on. 

I agree. I think Vardy will be here for the long term - I can see him as an assistant to Kasper when the latter becomes Manager at some point in the future

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'd be unbelievable gutted if Barnes ever leaves. I think he's the player I want to stay the most. Players like Fofana and Tielemans were obviously destined for other clubs. I want Barnes to stay and win more trophies with us. I'm sad he didn't get a FA cup winner's medal.

I’d love the same although when he runs and shoots at present he’s often 65% Messi and 35% Akinbiyi

43 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Sure we could but Pep and Klopp are not likely to be interested. Seriously, I don't get why people are so keen to put the boot into Potter. His team are attractive to watch in my view and he seems like a decent guy. Would be interesting to see what he could do with a bigger budget and better players. 

It’s a myth he’s managed on a shoe string budget -he’s spent bundles 

I'm not convinced by Potter to be honest. I think he's quite good but I don't know if he's any better than that. I don't think he'd take us to where we want to be anyway. Brighton are the same as last season as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieLynex said:

Drink water too .

Suspect Wilf might be leaving as he’s linked with a number of clubs but hope he stays 

I don't think Potter pushes us on, what do we want in an inevitable post Rodgers world? Stabilisation or pushing on? Given what the owners have invested in our infrastructure I know what they want... they want to be pushing on.

I'm sure Rodgers comments the other week may have irked them a little.

Five PL games today, three of those involving teams having to play on Sunday due to being in European action on Thursday night.

None of those three are the TV games. It’s insane how the TV pick seems to try inconvenience supporters as much as possible. 

• Like 4