Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Carlton Cole really needs to research Auschwitz, and even visit the site for himself or meet the relatives of the victims who got caught in the situation..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59448567

Ah, that's what they were apologising for earlier.

Good of the Brighton fans to boo and take the heat we had last week. These managers do get a bit tetchy.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

Benitez isn't a bad manager but it looked completely the wrong fit from the start.

The wrong fit mainly because he managed Liverpool and that he has never hidden his love if Liverpool imo. I think if you look at their squad they have players that you think Benitez would be keen on. They have key players out at the minute, but he wss always going to be on the back foot whenever he hit a rough patch because he has no credit in the bank whatsoever, if anything he has more to prove. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The wrong fit mainly because he managed Liverpool and that he has never hidden his love if Liverpool imo. I think if you look at their squad they have players that you think Benitez would be keen on. They have key players out at the minute, but he wss always going to be on the back foot whenever he hit a rough patch because he has no credit in the bank whatsoever, if anything he has more to prove. 

Benitez experience at Everton should serve as a message to both United’s board and rodgers …… it’s just a bad fit (not that he’s wanted there )

27 minutes ago, Phube said:

Doesn’t warrant its own thread but how the hell did the 2021/22 winter ball get passed testing?

What the hell is the point of a winter ball you can’t see in the snow?! 

Agree. Did I imagine it or are there three ball styles available. White, that yellow thing we had today and an orange ball. Was it just no one prepared to have the orange one ready?

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Benetez will be gone very soon. He wasn't wanted there to begin with and as soon as they hit a bad run it was going to turn toxic. They've got the Derby at Goodison on Wednesday and if they lose that it could get seriously ugly, especially if it's a bad defeat. 

I see him tip-toeing his way back to Newcastle tbh if the Howe project goes South. Fans loved him there and he'd actually have financial backing this time 

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fantastic lol

Whenever he gets into an argument like this, Keane gets so caught up in trying to disagree with the other person, he completely loses track of his actual opinion. Talking absolute nonsense there 😂

Edited by Nobbyburton

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fantastic lol

Best thing Keane said was you have players that don't press/track back, players like Ronaldo and Cantona, because they end up winning games for you.

I wonder if, given Ragnick is staying on for 2 years as a consultant, Man Utd's next managerial appointment might be a bit of a left field one.

You'd think if he's staying on as a tech director he'd want to bring in someone who adhered to his philosophy, can't really say that of Poch, Zidane, Brendan... 

57 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

State of Sky Sports promoting that "must-see" between Keane and Carragher. 

They're just repeating the same stuff for 5 minutes. 

It's entrainment value for Man U & Liverpool fans, the two most common sets of fans in the country. Sky are just playing to their market.

Same goes for Neville for me, the amount of arse-kissery I've heard about him as a pundit over the years is ridiculous. Whenever I watch him it's clear he's completely pro-Man U and up his own aris.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

State of Sky Sports promoting that "must-see" between Keane and Carragher. 

They're just repeating the same stuff for 5 minutes. 

I can listen to Keane, but something about Carraghers delivery reminds me of a monkey desperately trying to be intelligent. Just grates with his whiny arsh accent. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It's entrainment value for Man U & Liverpool fans, the two most common sets of fans in the country. Sky are just playing to their market.

Same goes for Neville for me, the amount of arse-kissery I've heard about him as a pundit over the years is ridiculous. Whenever I watch him it's clear he's completely pro-Man U and up his own aris.

In fairness, when he's not talking about Ole I think Neville is a decent pundit. I quite like some his analysis and he seems to have more interest in truly following the sport as a whole than some. 

He had a massive blind spot for his mate Ole though and it didn't reflect well on him as a pundit.