Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

What a shit way to get sent off. Should you be sent off for something like that? I know he has to be with current rules. 

He stopped a clear goal scoring opportunity. It definitely warrants more than a yellow for. I have often championed the idea of sin bins for cynical fouls that stop promising counterattacks. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

What a shit way to get sent off. Should you be sent off for something like that? I know he has to be with current rules. 

Absolutely - there would be no incentive not to pull him back otherwise. I’m probably in the minority, but I preferred last man = red card even if it’s a peno. Was black and white - now there’s always a debate “did he go for the ball” etc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Absolutely - there would be no incentive not to pull him back otherwise. I’m probably in the minority, but I preferred last man = red card even if it’s a peno. Was black and white - now there’s always a debate “did he go for the ball” etc

I agree there needs to be punishment. I would probably introduce automatic penalties for fouls like that that deny a goalscoring opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Three of the best aways for probably Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom. 

No ta. 

West Brom away is great 

Fulham's ground is brilliant but there are already too many London aways. 

Losing any of those for Bournemouth would be terrible 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Who the fvck is even interviewing him!? It's so bad. He's not even being funny or clever or baiting him. 

I have a colleague who pretty much the entire office thinks is unfunny and groans whenever he makes a joke. He does exactly this. Like he has a joke, it gets a bad reaction, but he just pushes on with it anyway because he's already got it thought out. 

Just abort man. 

Next time ask him if his head is in the sand. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can't decide whether Saint-Maximin is wasted at Newcastle or whether he's just Adama Traore with flashier skill. 

I think the ingredients are there. I don't know if he tries to do too much by himself fir the purposes of showboating or because he's mostly playing with a bunch of no-hopers. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

This Leeds vs Palace game has already been far more entertaining than the other one. 

Yep, proper end to end stuff this one. Leeds's press is something to behold when they are in form. Not sure they've got the front line to win this (I'd rather palace tbh), but they look sharp 

Josh Sargent is absolutely stealing a living as a professional footballer. If he's in the Premier League at least 1/3rd of this forum could have been.

Watching Werder Bremen last year and deciding to sign a couple of their forwards is about as stupid in recruitment terms as watching Southampton play over the last two years and reckoning you need half their defence.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1