Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, NasPb said:

Hope Newcastle leeds and Norwich go down all awful 

This would be ideal. 

In an absolutely ideal world I'd include spurs and man u  but in the real world, these 3 would be my preferred option. 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 11:36, AjcW said:

I wonder if, given Ragnick is staying on for 2 years as a consultant, Man Utd's next managerial appointment might be a bit of a left field one.

You'd think if he's staying on as a tech director he'd want to bring in someone who adhered to his philosophy, can't really say that of Poch, Zidane, Brendan... 

Genuinely considering putting money on Hasenhuttl lol

Just checked on Delia (on-line, not personally), seems there was a surprise party for her and the other owners the day before the game, could explain things, so we were a trifle premature to think cheese-scone, I dough-n't think it was worth getting into a stew over it, no need to flap, Jack it in and let it simmer down, current situation is she'll be raisin / rise at around the 7 mark and wonder what all the fuss was about, claiming she died, it really takes the biscuit but if you're in the public eye that's just the way the cookie crumbles, for her following a party with a long journey up North is a piece of cake.

Edited by fazzyfox

Newcastle l's December schedule means they're unlikely to win more than 1, maybe 2 games if they're lucky. 

It's unlikely they'll get lots of players in before the end of January. And they might be well adrift by then. I'm not sure they're going to be able to sell the club/project to anyone half decent by then, unless they pay through the nose for loan deals. 

Probably why they've appointed Howe as he's good enough to get them back up. 

4 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Just checked on Delia (on-line, not personally), seems there was a surprise party for her and the other owners the day before the game, could explain things, so we were a trifle premature to think cheese-scone, I dough-n't think it was worth getting into a stew over it, no need to flap, Jack it in and let it simmer down, current situation is she'll be raisin / rise at around the 7 mark and wonder what all the fuss was about, claiming she died, it really takes the biscuit but if you're in the public eye that's just the way the cookie crumbles, for her following a party with a long journey up North is a piece of cake.

I don't know WTF any of that means but hats off for the effort :appl:

Feel like there was quite a few positives for Newcastle fans to take out of last night to be honest.

1) They seem to have accidentally discovered their best formation due to the sending off (4-3-3 going forwards)

2) The quick dynamic thinking of the management team to go 4-3-2 after the sending off, rather than sit into a negative 5-3-1 that absolutely would have happened under Bruce! 

3) Shelvey and Joelinton look like different players under Howe.

Yep, they're still rooted, but a win against Burnley and things will look brighter for sure. 

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Feel like there was quite a few positives for Newcastle fans to take out of last night to be honest.

1) They seem to have accidentally discovered their best formation due to the sending off (4-3-3 going forwards)

2) The quick dynamic thinking of the management team to go 4-3-2 after the sending off, rather than sit into a negative 5-3-1 that absolutely would have happened under Bruce! 

3) Shelvey and Joelinton look like different players under Howe.

Yep, they're still rooted, but a win against Burnley and things will look brighter for sure. 

I think they are going to have to offer a huge ‘staying up’  bonus to the first team squad members if they want them to buy in to the second half of the season 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think they are going to have to offer a huge ‘staying up’  bonus to the first team squad members if they want them to buy in to the second half of the season 

100%!!

Actually some talk about most of their signings being Loans with options. To negate the risk of people not wanting to join..... however that also creates the 'do they really care' element

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

100%!!

Actually some talk about most of their signings being Loans with options. To negate the risk of people not wanting to join..... however that also creates the 'do they really care' element

I’m referring to the existing first team squad who they will need …….  And they won’t be happy doing the running for those brought in on big money 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Am not surprised such chants are still happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59487764

Perhaps he might be the first PL player to 'come out', as why would opposition fans chant such discrimination towards him? :dunno:

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Surely it was Chelsea Rent Boy, like Gilmour had earlier this season?

Yep- standard ‘banter’ chant to young Chelsea players, especially those out on loan ……..

only it’s not really banter any more …….