Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Feel like there was quite a few positives for Newcastle fans to take out of last night to be honest.

1) They seem to have accidentally discovered their best formation due to the sending off (4-3-3 going forwards)

2) The quick dynamic thinking of the management team to go 4-3-2 after the sending off, rather than sit into a negative 5-3-1 that absolutely would have happened under Bruce! 

3) Shelvey and Joelinton look like different players under Howe.

Yep, they're still rooted, but a win against Burnley and things will look brighter for sure. 

You are so right about those two players! Shelvey has always had something about him, but his application has always been sh*te, whereas Joelinton has just simply been total shi*te. But, wow, yesterday he was like superman for 90 minutes - never gave up chasing. Superb performance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

You are so right about those two players! Shelvey has always had something about him, but his application has always been sh*te, whereas Joelinton has just simply been total shi*te. But, wow, yesterday he was like superman for 90 minutes - never gave up chasing. Superb performance.

You get these early positive signs but usually they dwindle. I guess all the potential earnings is a big motivator for some... but really shows them for what they are 

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Love this, so true. 

Always enjoyed his commentaries. 

A few years ago, I took my former kiwi housemate to a 0-0 at the KP against some relegation fodder. It was probably one of the worst live games I've ever seen but still enjoyed it. He absolutely loved it. 

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Will the 28th be even more of a massacre than 2019? I am petrified seeing their attack up against our defence

Wonder how many of them will play, or allowed to play before going to AFCON? 

They have Chelsea a couple of days after us.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder how many of them will play, or allowed to play before going to AFCON? 

They have Chelsea a couple of days after us.

They are confident of getting the players available for the 28th. We will go into tortoise formation mode against them and probably lose by a couple. Learnt our lesson I think finally against them. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Why would Dyche be sacked?

He certainly could be if they lose at St. James' Park at the weekend.

They'll more than likely have a clear-out in May, with quite an ageing squad.

• Haha 1