Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He certainly could be if they lose at St. James' Park at the weekend.

They'll more than likely have a clear-out in May, with quite an ageing squad.

He recently signed a new deal, he's going nowhere.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

We’re 5pts off 5th and we’ve been utter shite so far this season. Put a run together and we could knock on that door again. 

Its a huge IF and unlikely if we continue to ship the number of goals that we are. Its our main issue. 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

He certainly could be if they lose at St. James' Park at the weekend.

They'll more than likely have a clear-out in May, with quite an ageing squad.

Always a possibility but highly doubt Burnley would get rid. He's been around long enough and if anything, he'd be the man to bring them back up.

I think, during the transfer window, I said on this forum, maybe even this thread, that Everton’s signings in the summer were either genius or madness. After shovelling millions and millions and failing to make any impact on the top six they went for Gray, Townsend and Rondon this time around. It was a clear change in transfer strategy. 

I think Rondon, in particular, was one I was shouted down on for questioning the wisdom of the signing. I checked in on the Everton forum recently to see how he was getting on. I could have picked numerous posts really to illustrate a point, but this one was probably the best:

“We could've exhumed Dixie Dean and we'd have a more mobile striker than this chump. Rondon is the biggest indicator that benitez is past it”

Not wishing to gloat here as I think all of Rondon, Gray and Townsend have previously shown some signs that they come become genuine PL talents at some time or another. But I think there is a reason they’ve never really exceeded a certain level - and that level has never been anywhere  near top six.

I can’t help thinking we’ve erred similarly with the signing of Lookman, but as a loan signing he’s a bit more of a free hit 

Edited by Jobyfox

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Its a huge IF and unlikely if we continue to ship the number of goals that we are. Its our main issue. 

Agreed. We’ve got to tighten up somehow. Basic errors need eradicating and it would help if Ndidi sorted himself out. He’s NOT the player he was - maybe just confidence. I dunno, the lad is mustard but at the moment he’s more Dijon than English. 

12 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Everton looking rubbish yet again after another summer of being hyped by everyone lol 

I don't think anyone bigged them up this season considering they were signing the likes of Gray and Townsend?

The Gray signing got laughed at despite the fact he's probably their top scorer.

Edited by Fox92

So I'm now forcing the other half to watch the 1st half of Spurs vs Brentford in exchange for having to watch the Arsenal match with her :P  (Might aswell make use of the Prime subscription...)  ...And it gets worse - Hoddle is commentating!  Can we stand it for the first half? 

Edited by PhillippaT

21 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Everton looking rubbish yet again after another summer of being hyped by everyone lol 

Who hyped Everton this summer? I remember thinking that their signings were god awful and reeked of a club going the wrong way. Rondon, Begovic, Townsend, Gray....

Huge fan of Ralf Ragnick not taking over until United have got a relatively tricky game against Arsenal out the way before a pretty nice run in. The guy is clearly obsessed with his Wikipedia Managerial Statistics section, a level of nerd I can get on board with. 

17 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

After shovelling millions and millions and failing to make any impact on the top six they went for Gray, Townsend and Rondon this time around. It was a clear change in transfer strategy. 

.... Its not a change in transfer strategy they're not allowed to spend anything because they've hugely fvcked up FFP. 

They're not signings of choice, they're the best they could get for fvck all money. They're obviously shit transfers. 

Solomon Rondon is a complete fraud of a footballer.