Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, tickler28 said:

We've been dogshit for most of the season have kept 1 clean sheet on the opening day.....there's a top 6 party but take a look around....we ain't invited

We have a squad that's finished 5th in consecutive seasons and a manger amongst the highest paid in the division. You'd have to be genuinely insane or very easily pleased just to be "happy not to be involved near the bottom"

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

We have a squad that's finished 5th in consecutive seasons and a manger amongst the highest paid in the division. You'd have to be genuinely insane or very easily pleased just to be "happy not to be involved near the bottom"

Trouble is Rodgers is away in a manger half the time 😂

1 minute ago, Langston said:

We have a squad that's finished 5th in consecutive seasons and a manger amongst the highest paid in the division. You'd have to be genuinely insane or very easily pleased just to be "happy not to be involved near the bottom

I said I wanted a decent cup run...my caveat to that making me happy was not being involved near the bottom....mid table and cup run..(semi final/final) is me happy not just staying up

That Arsenal goal reminds me of Newcastle's equaliser against us earlier this season. 

Sa took a whack and stayed down hoping the ref would blow, then got up and tried to make a save as Hendrick whacked one from 30 yards into the bottom corner. The irony is the ref was just putting his whistle to his lips when Sa got back up. If he'd have stayed down it would have been ruled out. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tickler28 said:

We sit 10th and to be honest we're fortunate to be that high... I'd take 10th place finish in league now if offered it....I've not seen enough from us to tell me we can finish any higher

Bring back the 'confused' reaction so that I can react to this

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

That Arsenal goal reminds me of Newcastle's equaliser against us earlier this season. 

Sa took a whack and stayed down hoping the ref would blow, then got up and tried to make a save as Hendrick whacked one from 30 yards into the bottom corner. The irony is the ref was just putting his whistle to his lips when Sa got back up. If he'd have stayed down it would have been ruled out. 

It's good to see consequences for pretending to be injured tbh.

More in last night's case I should say.

Edited by ealingfox

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

We sit 10th and to be honest we're fortunate to be that high... I'd take 10th place finish in league now if offered it....I've not seen enough from us to tell me we can finish any higher

We might move up a notch once Ricardo, Youri, Wes and JJ are fit for selection.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We might move up a notch once Ricardo, Youri, Wes and JJ are fit for selection.

I think that with Youri's creativity, competition at full back & 3 for 2 with JJ, Ricky & Timmy, & Wes adding pace/cover at the back and quicker use than the slug Jonny, it'll be worth more than that.

IF we can get some sort of solidity at the back, I believe it will imbue the rest of the team with confidence, which might just make them all play better, more positively.

Shore the back up and we'll challenge for the Europa League as long as it doesn't take too long.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

I think that with Youri's creativity, competition at full back & 3 for 2 with JJ, Ricky & Timmy, & Wes adding pace/cover at the back and quicker use than the slug Jonny, it'll be worth more than that.

IF we can get some sort of solidity at the back, I believe it will imbue the rest of the team with confidence, which might just make them all play better, more positively.

Shore the back up and we'll challenge for the Europa League as long as it doesn't take too long.

It'll be a marker of how good Wes actually is (when fully fit) if we do instantly look better at the back.

When he left Saint Étienne they went fr0m defensively solid to absolutely horrific and have never recovered

You could say similar for us really (not quite as bad lol)

If he does have that much influence on teams then that's potentially Van Dijk levels of good... essentially we'll have to appreciate him for the rest of this season and next because that's all we'll be getting if he returns at the same level lol 

Looked at the League Table this morning and the Premier League has a rather depressingly familiar look to it. The Greedy Six are only punctuated by West Ham in the top seven places. I always feel better when there are one of two others breaking through especially if it's us. 

The Super League breakaway has faded from memory, anger has subsided and the men in suits have merged with the background again until they emerge with another plan to lock out the other teams and create a monopoly. The narrative will revert back to us and (now) West Ham over-achieving and how we should be grateful when Spurs and Arsenal are taking an interest in our players. 

I really hope we can start getting our sh!t together and start being the fly in their collective ointment once again. I somewhat enjoy having that role 

• Like 4