Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Why are there 3 games on Sunday all kicking off at 2pm without any of them being on tv? 

Because tv companies don’t care about fans… Brentford, Man Utd and Spurs all played on Thursday, but rather than saying let’s show one of the games we moved like Man Utd Palace and put that on Tv, they decide to move another one. 
It’s the same with European games, they could chose the Leicester, West Ham or Spurs games for TV when they are in Europe, but they chose another game to inconvenience more fans

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf it doesn't matter who Newcastle play they need results. They really had to beat Norwich. Now they really really have to beat Burnley and in reality they really could do with beating Leicester.

I think he meant Newcastle should win tomorrow :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Because tv companies don’t care about fans… Brentford, Man Utd and Spurs all played on Thursday, but rather than saying let’s show one of the games we moved like Man Utd Palace and put that on Tv, they decide to move another one. 
It’s the same with European games, they could chose the Leicester, West Ham or Spurs games for TV when they are in Europe, but they chose another game to inconvenience more fans

Last week was the absolute pits for this. No reason Man United v Chelsea couldn’t have been on Saturday rather than Sunday, but obviously you need to televise that.

But why on earth would you put Brentford v Everton at 2pm on a Sunday, a Sunday on which you’ve already got 3 europa teams that absolutely have to play then?! And one of the matches they chose not to show was between two sides in the top 4. Brentford fans had 2 games against Europa League sides moved to a Sunday already (us and West Ham), the last thing they needed or wanted was another one.

It’s such a simple thing to get right but it goes without saying that it literally doesn’t enter into consideration at all.

42 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Last week was the absolute pits for this. No reason Man United v Chelsea couldn’t have been on Saturday rather than Sunday, but obviously you need to televise that.

But why on earth would you put Brentford v Everton at 2pm on a Sunday, a Sunday on which you’ve already got 3 europa teams that absolutely have to play then?! And one of the matches they chose not to show was between two sides in the top 4. Brentford fans had 2 games against Europa League sides moved to a Sunday already (us and West Ham), the last thing they needed or wanted was another one.

It’s such a simple thing to get right but it goes without saying that it literally doesn’t enter into consideration at all.

They have to show all teams a certain number of times and they like to get who they view as nobodies, like Brentford and Everton out of the way early or away from peak holiday times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

They have to show all teams a certain number of times and they like to get who they view as nobodies, like Brentford and Everton out of the way early or away from peak holiday times.

They have 38 opportunities a season to spread those games out. I know what you’re saying but it’s not an excuse. It’s still - literally - thoughtless.

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

They have 38 opportunities a season to spread those games out. I know what you’re saying but it’s not an excuse. It’s still - literally - thoughtless.

Oh I agree I was just giving their answer to our question which I asked last week, very frustrating.

I've always been a big advocate of Sat 3pm KOs but times have changed and I'm starting to warm to the idea with so few games now taking place at that time that the PL should all move to Sunday then they can all be streamed.

3 games today at 3pm

Edited by davieG
added games
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

On the radio the question was ‘if newcastle lose tomorrow, is it all over for them’? 

I mean after 15 games and with the money to bring in half a dozen players in jan who will enable them to improve notably. 

if Howe gets it right feb onwards  they could average 1.5pts  per game.  That could earn them 24 points so they only need to have 13 or 14 come the  back end of jan to survive. 

the nonsense on the media re newcastle is just so ……….

The problem they’ll have is trying to persuade players of the calibre they want to buy to go there, if they are still adrift in January it’ll be extremely difficult for them.

Still, absolute nonsense from the media as per usual.

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

And another problem with three different companies showing games.

Christmas is the worst, though. We play on the 26th and the 28th- at no other time of the season do you play twice in that space of time yet it's allowed during this week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

And another problem with three different companies showing games.

Christmas is the worst, though. We play on the 26th and the 28th- at no other time of the season do you play twice in that space of time yet it's allowed during this week.

It's the Media Companies gift for Christmas saying thank you to the fans for your loyalty and appreciation for all that we do for you  here's 2 games 2 days - enjoy

Am quite concerned about Amazon's involvement in showing professional games; in that it could tempt other retailing multi-national firms to create an intention in this market, too, despite them not being 'established' and competing against those who've been involved in the sport for many years.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 3

Just now, davieG said:

It's the Media Companies gift for Christmas saying thank you to the fans for your loyalty and appreciation for all that we do for you  here's 2 games 2 days - enjoy

Given we've got Man City and Liverpool in those games there'll be plenty of moaning from one when we make lots of changes as Rodgers has had to do in the previous two seasons.

I mean, we used to play in that timeframe in the past but with all the noise about player welfare then the moaning about "weakened" teams you'd imagine a ruling would be brought in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

And so it should be! It’s Christmas! Who are you - Scrooge?

They should bring back the old system (before my time so I may have it wrong!) where two teams played on Christmas Day and then played the return fixture on Boxing Day.