Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

if it goes for you it really does… you bring your own luck too, West Ham have been very solid this this season 

Not been solid for about five weeks. 

If I’m honest I’m not a fan of how Leicester fans currently warm to other teams but aren’t willing to back us. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We haven’t had any luck like that all season. 

Mendy’s been an absolute joke and West Ham have very, very average 

You make your own luck. We did nothing to put pressure on Mendy.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not been solid for about five weeks. 

If I’m honest I’m not a fan of how Leicester fans currently warm to other teams but aren’t willing to back us. 

There's a weird paranoia about West ham on here.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The winner was a fluke. 

It was, I meant more about the first goal.

I agree with you, West Ham weren't particularly special and I'm sure we'd be telling ourselves to look at the performance rather than just the result. But it's always been results that matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's a weird paranoia about West ham on here.

Probably because we’ve been utterly outclassed/ outfought by them 3 games in a row.

Agree though, don’t think they could cope with the injuries we’ve had over the last 18 months or so. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

Probably because we’ve been utterly outclassed/ outfought by them 3 games in a row.

Agree though, don’t think they could cope with the injuries we’ve had over the last 18 months or so. 

And yet we still finished higher than them last season and won a trophy, all whilst having a lower budget.

Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

They’re about to find out. Another defender injured today. 

Think pure adrenaline got them through today and the game plan worked yet again for them. Moyes really is fantastic at that. They either drop off in the EL or the league but they’re not deep enough squad wise to do both. That means we have an opportunity to beat them on one front at least. 

• Like 1

Disgusting club, horrible fans, awful ground. Absolutely nothing to like about West Ham whatsoever. My hatred for them increases by the week.  

Talksport on monday is a guaranteed jizz fest over West Ham, 

Edited by sishades
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

I think staying in this division is more realistic....top 6 is fantasy land for a team that concedes 2 goals per game.

Why you talking daft for? We are nearer 6th than 18th. It’s been a disappointing season so far but stop talking nonsense. 

Just now, Bats8711 said:

Amazing people haven’t figured out how this works after the last 2 seasons.  Awful result for us. 

We can’t keep relying on others results. Wouldn’t be so bad if we were in and around them but the way we’re playing we’ve got to sort ourselves out first. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Amazing people haven’t figured out how this works after the last 2 seasons.  Awful result for us. 

Amazing people haven't figured out how this works after the last 2 seasons. Awful result for us but if we do our own job maybe we wouldn't need to worry or rely on other results.

I'm just very bored of how most teams play currently, West Ham seem to go against the grain and narrative of 'how the game should be played'. I like it, it's refreshing and happy for them. Fair play to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sishades said:

I think staying in this division is more realistic....top 6 is fantasy land for a team that concedes 2 goals per game.

We've conceded 2 goals in a game 9 times this season. West Ham have done it 7 times. They've only kept three clean sheets in the league. They aren't watertight at the back.