Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

fair play to them. We’re the same. 

Hes got a release clause id bet.

Villa trying to offer him a new deal without one. Villa fan or not its his big chance to play champions league.

Villa fans won't accept it but this suits all parties IMO.

31 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mixed reaction to scrapping away goals rule. 

It's a bit of a tough one. The away goals rule has led to some absolutely classic cup ties in Europe. Time moves on though and those types of 2nd leg, away goals classics will be replaced by extra time ones I suppose.

I'm not sure which'll prove to be better, but, ultimately, I find 30 minutes extra quite boring most of the time. More often than not, neither team seems to really go for it. There's obviously been some great exceptions. Penalties after extra time never seems particularly satisfactory either, but they can't play all night.

For a neutral away goals haven't been too bad I don't think, but I'd hate to be club going out on that rule. Extra times are a waste of time, I don't know stats but most go to penalties anyway. 

Removed it because home teams were worried about conceding away goals in the first leg. But now makes the away team more likely to sit back and play for the 0-0. 

Also on Grealish, there is no way Man City sign Kane and Grealish this summer for that kind of money is there?

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

For a neutral away goals haven't been too bad I don't think, but I'd hate to be club going out on that rule. Extra times are a waste of time, I don't know stats but most go to penalties anyway. 

Removed it because home teams were worried about conceding away goals in the first leg. But now makes the away team more likely to sit back and play for the 0-0. 

Also on Grealish, there is no way Man City sign Kane and Grealish this summer for that kind of money is there?

Agree regarding extra time. Footballs teams will always find a cagey way of playing, whatever the rules. Again, I agree that 1st legs may not get the improvement UEFA are looking for with this rule change.

For as long as Man City continue to fail in the Champions league, they'll continue with their scattergun approach to transfers. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them sign Kane and Grealish. At one point, they signed about 2 complete defences over an 18 month period, none of them bargain basement buys.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

fair play to them. We’re the same. 

According to one of his family members (used to play in a football team with him), the contract with Man City is long signed. Would assume they signed it before the EUROs but will keep quiet until England are finished.

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ditched their previous sponsor-to-be (a shady Asian betting firm with very questionable marketing), and swapped it for a local British* company (NOT a betting firm!) that actually matches their club colours as well. Talk about an upgrade, their fans must be very happy.

Yeah.... almost like the whole thing was an elaborate 3 way PR stunt....

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Ditched their previous sponsor-to-be (a shady Asian betting firm with very questionable marketing), and swapped it for a local British* company (NOT a betting firm!) that actually matches their club colours as well. Talk about an upgrade, their fans must be very happy.

I do like the Norwich badge you know. 

Not a fan of away goals personally as I think they're given too much weight as a consequence. Keeping a clean sheet away from home is arguably just as good so I feel its a bit shit for a team to lose 1-3 at home, then win 0-2 in the second leg and go out.

However I do understand the arguments in favour. As a compromise I've always suggested that away goals should only come into play if both games in the tie were draws.

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not a fan of away goals personally as I think they're given too much weight as a consequence. Keeping a clean sheet away from home is arguably just as good so I feel its a bit shit for a team to lose 1-3 at home, then win 0-2 in the second leg and go out.

However I do understand the arguments in favour. As a compromise I've always suggested that away goals should only come into play if both games in the tie were draws.

As with many things there is an argument either way. Personally, I think it has served its purpose recently because teams were setting up to not conceed at home and away teams who had got a clean sheet at home would shut up shop away knowing that one goal means two required from the home team (and them therefore having to open up more).

I always preferred to play at home first with the away goal rule. Get a solid start and keep a clean sheet, go away and get a goal and you would be 2 goals up at least.

I wasn’t really bothered about the away goals rule until realising that if a game goes to extra time, the away side playing have an extra 30 minutes to score a more valuable goal than the other team. It is literally unfair.

7 minutes ago, Torten said:

I wasn’t really bothered about the away goals rule until realising that if a game goes to extra time, the away side playing have an extra 30 minutes to score a more valuable goal than the other team. It is literally unfair.

That's another thing with it. You could argue they are disadvantaged as playing 30 mins more away from home but less of a disadvantage than having to score one more goal than the away team.

Benitez to Everton is just hilarious. It's as though their owners can't stand the fans. He'll play similar football to Ancelotti whilst having a huge past with their greatest rivals and making disparaging comments about them previously. Plus there are questions as to whether he's a top manager any more.

He'll be on a huge amount of money, spending a huge amount of money with barely any backing in the ground and will get a better reception at Anfield than Goodison Park.

Bonkers.

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Chinese*

41 minutes ago, Torten said:

Had they scrapped the extra time away goal unfairness I'd been happy with the away goal rule. I'm not bothered either way. But the away team getting an extra 30 mins to score an away goal is farcical 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Whilst Lotus have a presence in Norfolk and I believe is still headquartered there; it is definitely Chinese owned.

I agree its an upgrade though and a nice touch.

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Whilst Lotus have a presence in Norfolk and I believe is still headquartered there; it is definitely Chinese owned.

I agree its an upgrade though and a nice touch.

Like like they've got the old ACAB cunningly hidden in their their logo. Bravo. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah that's even better. 

It actually is, has a bit of nuance.

For some reason my fingers 

really wanted to spell that as newance so I'm typing it in a sentence to satisfy the craving.  Newance newance newance.

• Haha 1