Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

difference Leicester Dont Show they want to compete W.Ham do, and Fight for their right...

Leicester want to get back to where others admire us...We  have to earn it, like this season W.Ham are doing..!!

Snidey remarks from this forum, belittles what we want to achieve..!! 

And Shows how some have reached & are  scraping the Bottom of the convenial  barrel...

Shame we have lost any trait or character of being fair & occasionally humble....

Our owners message is Falling on Stoney ground...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

We've conceded 2 goals in a game 9 times this season. West Ham have done it 7 times. They've only kept three clean sheets in the league. 

Fair enough however they actually go ahead in games, play on the front foot from the off, they go forward instead of playing insipid sideways ball.

As opposed to going behind in most games, have to go behind before even thinking of venturing over the half way line and always seemingly chasing the game despite trying to claim you've 'controlled the game'.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Corky said:

We've conceded 2 goals in a game 9 times this season. West Ham have done it 7 times. They've only kept three clean sheets in the league. They aren't watertight at the back.

Never let facts get in the way of some weird obsession.

12 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sounds bitter. Every supporter of ours is backing us. Yet, we can and should also appreciate a side showing grit and character and disrupting the order too. Luckily the supporters of other clubs got behind us in 15-16.

Why would I be bitter? 

West Ham have won **** all and achieved **** all this season. They fell away as bad as us last season.

They’ve had some great results this season but before today, they were on a run of 1 point out of 9 and not particularly solid at all. Funnily enough losses to three teams we beat. As Corky just pointed out and their defensive record isn’t particularly standing out. 

Today, they had fortune for the win…which my point was we seemingly haven’t got this season. West Ham’s fixture list has fell ideal so far too. 

EDIT: Moyes has just pretty much admitted the fortune in his post match interview 

We had the same with our supporters getting all gooey over Brighton and Brentford earlier in the season. One poster was even advocating Vieira has a replacement because Palace had a good run. Gets on my goat. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sishades said:

Disgusting club, horrible fans, awful ground. Absolutely nothing to like about West Ham whatsoever. My hatred for them increases by the week.  

Talksport on monday is a guaranteed jizz fest over West Ham, 

They've had way more praise this season than we got in the first half of 19/20 despite the exhilarating football we played for that period, compared to the Burnley ball they are playing now. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

We've conceded 2 goals in a game 9 times this season. West Ham have done it 7 times. They've only kept three clean sheets in the league. They aren't watertight at the back.

But  Beat Both L'pool & Chelsea...3-2...While we have lost to W.Ham,Chelsea,Arsenal by "0". 

Us gaining points and others we’re competing with dropping them are not mutually exclusive things. It’s a distorted mindset to have. Of course we have to get results for it to matter. But unless we win every game - which I think we’d all agree is unreasonable, we need other teams to drop points as well. There’s nothing wrong with that. 

Do you really think there’s NO chance we finish within 3 points of WHU by the end of season with another TWENTY THREE games to go and 4 of our starters to come back in the side?  

FFS - back your team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

But  Beat Both L'pool & Chelsea...3-2...While we have lost to W.Ham,Chelsea,Arsenal by "0". 

That's not the point that was being raised. Both us and West Ham are regularly conceding two goals per game and they seem to able to compete for the top six. 

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Very good first 15 games by West Ham.

But as we know to our cost where you are at 38 is the the important bit.

Will be interesting to see if they learn from our mistakes and strengthen in January.

Pretty clear from Moyes’ quotes that they will. Not at all subtly talking up Jesse Lingard, and a CB. Can’t see them finishing top 4, but top 6 well within their grasp 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Pretty clear from Moyes’ quotes that they will. Not at all subtly talking up Jesse Lingard, and a CB. Can’t see them finishing top 4, but top 6 well within their grasp 

They’ve got a good chance to hang around a while yet from their fixture list. 

That changes though in February; got a lot of the top lot to play away as well.

Facing Newcastle, Leeds and Villa at points of their season where the teams were either in transition and managers hanging on has got them ahead of the pack. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I know the whole Ranieri getting the pizzas in became a bit of a meme but I think that kind of thinking would be no bad thing for us right about now. Not conceding should be our priority. That ability to tighten up in defense is what saw us out in the second half of that season. It is what we need now. 

Oh and I can't stand WH. It wasn't that long ago they were tearing up their own stadium. A bunch of scummy petulant children of another drab club that have an over-extended sense of superiority because of percieved past glories. 

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why would I be bitter? 

West Ham have won **** all and achieved **** all this season. They fell away as bad as us last season.

They’ve had some great results this season but before today, they were on a run of 1 point out of 9 and not particularly solid at all. Funnily enough losses to three teams we beat. As Corky just pointed out and their defensive record isn’t particularly standing out. 

Today, they had fortune for the win…which my point was we seemingly haven’t got this season. West Ham’s fixture list has fell ideal so far too. 

EDIT: Moyes has just pretty much admitted the fortune in his post match interview 

We had the same with our supporters getting all gooey over Brighton and Brentford earlier in the season. One poster was even advocating Vieira has a replacement because Palace had a good run. Gets on my goat. 

Let it go... Let it go.... 😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

No, I really don't!

Why on earth do we want West Ham getting points clear of us??

No point in resenting W Ham if they are playing good, maybe slightly over-aggressive football and ruffling the feathers of the big six.  We should rather be wishing for our team to wake up and start to emulate them.  If we don't then at least we will see one unfancied team challenging the big six.  Wouldn't it be excellent, though, if we got ourselves moving and we had two "little" clubs challenging the"giants".

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

No point in resenting W Ham if they are playing good, maybe slightly over-aggressive football and ruffling the feathers of the big six.  We should rather be wishing for our team to wake up and start to emulate them.  If we don't then at least we will see one unfancied team challenging the big six.  Wouldn't it be excellent, though, if we got ourselves moving and we had two "little" clubs challenging the"giants".

Play like that or playing how teams believe in the myth of 'how the game should be played'...I know what i'm choosing.

7 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I dont resent them at all, I just don't want them pulling away from us, it really is that simple

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

I dont resent them at all, I just don't want them pulling away from us, it really is that simple

Best start getting our own ship in order then, it really is as simple as that.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why would I be bitter? 

They’ve had some great results this season but before today, they were on a run of 1 point out of 9 and not particularly solid at all. Funnily enough losses to three teams we beat. They aren’t particularly solid as Corky just pointed out and their defensive record isn’t particularly standing out. 

:dunno:  All those mentioned you have covetted with envious dislike...

All Are this season earning their crust at Variable high levels to expectations.  Our badge is dwindling & Losing a but of its sparkle, but potentialyl can

swing us back into the bright light....Take Note ..!! Discrediting any Good results of competitors, Slides into envy of sour-grapes ,shit on shoes territory,

that Shames the character of what our club proudly trys to aim, present & hold itself to...

Some just want to follow and hold to the easy coat-tails, and cant understand an ounce of the Great Strides we as a Club & fanbase have taken...

Some just want to drivel & swim in the swill of bulge, towards & against ours & others achievements..Belittle those that compete ,those that also want

to change the Big 6-10 scenery, only belittles our wave of achievements and still challenging aspirations...

Values of ourselves, reflects in the respect we give to our competitors...without that respect we denounce with every word, our own right to Value past &

Future achievements...!!!

• Like 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

:dunno:  All those mentioned you have covetted with envious dislike...

All Are this season earning their crust at Variable high levels to expectations.  Our badge is dwindling & Losing a but of its sparkle, but potentialyl can

swing us back into the bright light....Take Note ..!! Discrediting any Good results of competitors, Slides into envy of sour-grapes ,shit on shoes territory,

that Shames the character of what our club proudly trys to aim, present & hold itself to...

Some just want to follow and hold to the easy coat-tails, and cant understand an ounce of the Great Strides we as a Club & fanbase have taken...

Some just want to drivel & swim in the swill of bulge, towards & against ours & others achievements..Belittle those that compete ,those that also want

to change the Big 6-10 scenery, only belittles our wave of achievements and still challenging aspirations...

Values of ourselves, reflects in the respect we give to our competitors...without that respect we denounce with every word, our own right to Value past &

Future achievements...!!!

Another team getting into the big six and/or Champions League before us is sadly, not good news for Leicester City. 

It will take a team on the same level or financial standing and push them forward ahead of us. Financially for sure. 

Perversely LCFC need the status quo to stay where we can’t be the team to shake it up. That is the capitalist nature of the English top flight now.