Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Correct, but why can't we want both us to get "our own ship in order" and for them to drop points?

Because we're not getting our own ship in order?

I'm not gonna bemoan other clubs successes when we're doing nothing to try and combat our own issues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because we're not getting our own ship in order?

I'm not gonna bemoan other clubs successes when we're doing nothing to try and combat our own issues.

Well said. It would be shockingly small minded of us to be so, after so many neutrals wished us well for 15/16.

• Like 2

Just now, Fox92 said:

I'd happily watch "Burnley ball" if it meant we beat Liverpool and Chelsea at home.

It's weird people thinking football has to be played in a specific way. 

Yeah you are right. Brendanball also beat those two clubs at home last season and in a cup final. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd happily watch "Burnley ball" if it meant we beat Liverpool and Chelsea at home.

It's weird people thinking football has to be played in a specific way. 

It's pure football snobbery.

Amazing how many people have been brainwashed into believing and buying into this myth there is only one way the game can be played.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well said. It would be shockingly small minded of us to be so, after so many neutrals wished us well for 15/16.

I don’t particularly like the idea of a London based club who get 60k week after week suddenly having a financial warchest with no restriction and the pull of CL football 

Maybe that makes me bitter but I don’t think it’s great news for LCFC

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t particularly like the idea of a London based club who get 60k week after week suddenly having a financial warchest with no restriction and the pull of CL football 

May that makes me bitter but I don’t think it’s great news for LCFC

I prefer to think that it’s worse news for Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, etc

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah you are right. Brendanball also beat those two clubs at home last season and in a cup final. 

Of course. I didn't say otherwise lol 

It's just pathetic when people look down at other clubs style of play, there's no right or wrong way to play football.

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I prefer to think that it’s worse news for Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, etc

Which are all clubs which can sustain the financial hit. They are fishing the markets for players as well slightly ahead of us. 

Having another rival for those spots isn’t good news; particularly when there’s 7 European spots and 6 clubs so far financially ahead. 

Its a pain but the current financial set up / rewarding for clubs finishing in the top four means it’s better for the status quo to stay as it is. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which are all clubs which can sustain the financial hit. They are fishing the markets for players as well slightly ahead of us. 

Having another rival for those spots isn’t good news; particularly when there’s 7 European spots and 6 clubs so far financially ahead. 

Its a pain but the current financial set up / rewarding for clubs finishing in the top four means it’s better for the status quo to stay as it is. 

Short term risk to us. Next year maybe it’s us again, but the more clubs that could do what we did, what West Ham may do, the more the landscape changes. If it’s always just us, we are easy to keep at arms length, it’s too easy for us to misstep.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If it’s always just us, we are easy to keep at arms length, it’s too easy for us to misstep.

At least then, our chances of achieving top 6 will be greater.  I dont care for any club except ours.

Edited by sishades

Just now, sishades said:

At least then, our chances of achieving top 6 will be greater.  I dont care for any club except ours.

But this attitude inherently protects the big 6. It renders them untouchable apart from the rare occasional blip.

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Maybe that makes me bitter but I don’t think it’s great news for LCFC

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Again perhaps we should be looking at ourselves for throwing the opportunities away in 2 consecutive seasons.

Likewise those players who have or have tried to engineer moves away should perhaps take a look at themselves and ask a few questions.

On the other hand if I were a player of quality would I be looking to move away from the negative football here? Damn right.

Likewise if we were trying to sign a player would I be looking to come here looking at our negative football? No ta.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Again perhaps we should be looking at ourselves for throwing the opportunities away in 2 consecutive seasons.

Likewise those players who have or have tried to engineer moves away should perhaps take a look at themselves and ask a few questions.

On the other hand if I were a player of quality would I be looking to move away from the negative football here? Damn right.

My point on this has nothing to do with our own performance or the last two seasons. 

It is not a good thing for Leicester City if non big six club makes the top 4. 

By the way we are in the top six for goals scored. Our games are anything but negative. We score goals for fun. Just can’t keep it out to the net. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My point on this has nothing to do with our own performance or the last two seasons. 

It is not a good thing for Leicester City if non big six club makes the top 4. 

Well it does as we'd be that club you're talking about.

It wouldn't be a good thing for non big six clubs to make the top 4 if we made the top 4 by your logic.

We'd be ahead of those rivals already, we can't then bemoan them taking their opportunities (Which remains to be seen whether they do or not may I add) when we had the same opportunities but didn't take them.