Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pep moaning this week about his extensive injury list ……. Apparently he only has ferran Torres missing today ……

Bloke moans all time. Biggest resources in the league.

• Like 3

If West Ham and wolves keep Man Utd Arsenal or Spurs out of top 4 for another season would be fine Spurs can’t carry on missing out on it financially as I am sure Arsenal can’t either without players leaving. If one of the 2 do get it this year Doesn’t mean they will again either. Hopefully we get some momentum going and push for top 6 see how the season goes 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All stated elsewhere. We shop in the same market for players; West Ham become a more attractive club than us to join. More money and CL football. 

Unless they're badly run they won't though. CL one year doesn't guarantee CL the next. The money for coming 4th with CL football isn't sustainable to spend big on players unless you're in the competition yearly OR you're a club with a lot of money (ie the "big six"). You'd hope a player being courted by two clubs (LCFC and WH) take into consideration a ton of factors. I would argue the biggest against us wouldn't be CL football but we're not a London club. On a purely objective perspective (something nobody does) then WH managing to sneak top 4 in years and winning nothing compared to our record then I'm thinking we're more likely be their choice. I don't think it works like that like I don't WH getting 4th changes anything for us. 

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

If West Ham and wolves keep Man Utd Arsenal or Spurs out of top 4 for another season would be fine Spurs can’t carry on missing out on it financially as I am sure Arsenal can’t either without players leaving. If one of the 2 do get it this year Doesn’t mean they will again either. Hopefully we get some momentum going and push for top 6 see how the season goes 

Agree..as long as the Norff London'Giants' struggle like fvck .. I'm happy!😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He isn't putting them out of reach, just stating that they operate in a different market to ourselves regardless of European qualification. However if West Ham consistently qualify and we miss out, who becomes a more attractive proposition when we curently operate in the same market as them.

Fair enough, but we have seen plenty of slacking off by historical clubs of late, so not sure it’s so cut and dried

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Unless they're badly run they won't though. CL one year doesn't guarantee CL the next. The money for coming 4th with CL football isn't sustainable to spend big on players unless you're in the competition yearly OR you're a club with a lot of money (ie the "big six"). You'd hope a player being courted by two clubs (LCFC and WH) take into consideration a ton of factors. I would argue the biggest against us wouldn't be CL football but we're not a London club. On a purely objective perspective (something nobody does) then WH managing to sneak top 4 in years and winning nothing compared to our record then I'm thinking we're more likely be their choice. I don't think it works like that like I don't WH getting 4th changes anything for us. 

CL qualification probably gets two years of financial advantage. We were woefully spent that money we gained in the summer of 16/17. We should have made three or four really good signings. As a result we didn’t finish anywhere near the European places and any club doing it astutely should do.   

Our success allowed us to retain Mahrez and Vardy as well for a good period of time. Which really didn’t use to our advantage as we should have done. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Southampton wreak of relegation

I thought they were atrocious against us - a mid table team riddled by injuries and poor form. And today concede to an injury hit 10 men mid table side. Shite.

Should have beat them but a very poor first half