Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Southampton wreak of relegation

I thought they were atrocious against us - a mid table team riddled by injuries and poor form. And today concede to an injury hit 10 men mid table side. Shite.

Have done for about 4 years. Somehow they'll weasel out of it again and be the same next season. Some real drab, ambitiousless clubs in this League.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

So is it wrong to want Watford to win here? As it'd put them only 3 points behind us bringing them in contention of being on 'our patch'.

Imagine trying to sarcastically use Watford in comparison to the point's being made about West Ham

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Imagine trying to sarcastically use Watford in comparison to the point's being made about West Ham

Sarcastic?

They'd be 3 points behind putting pressure on us. I don't see anything other than stating facts :dunno: 

Just now, Matt said:

Sarcastic?

They'd be 3 points behind putting pressure on us. I don't see anything other than stating facts :dunno: 

Has anyone mentioned anything about teams being on 'our patch'. Just simply pointing out that teams outside of the big six finishing in the European places during seasons we don't gain an advatange over us in the market.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sarcastic?

Lol No chance of Watford doing anything against Man City, so no need to worry either way… and while I type it is already 1 nil Man City

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

CL qualification probably gets two years of financial advantage. We were woefully spent that money we gained in the summer of 16/17. We should have made three or four really good signings. As a result we didn’t finish anywhere near the European places and any club doing it astutely should do.   

Our success allowed us to retain Mahrez and Vardy as well for a good period of time. Which really didn’t use to our advantage as we should have done. 

So you're saying WH is better run than us? Is that what you're saying? We should have yadda yadda but wasted it. Rather than we incrementally strengthen our squad while remaining a financially well run club. Our biggest profit I feel isn't from CL football it's through the players we've sold. Does the money help the club, of course it does (35 mil getting to the QF is bound to), but I don't think it makes a huge difference to the stuff you're talking about. 

Is that why we retained Mahrez... checking our teamsheet for tomorrow... oh no that's right he plays for ManC. I'd happily be educated but as far as I'm aware Mahrez wanted out and we said not this season. Why, Kante shipped to a team NOT in CL (didn't Chelsea finish mid-table that season?). At this point Vardy is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a legend. He could have gone anywhere imo but (five years later) I don't think CL is why he stayed.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Pep moaning this week about his extensive injury list ……. Apparently he only has ferran Torres missing today ……

Just wait until Klopp starts whining once Salah and Mane leave for the AFCON. 

They've only got Firmino, Jota, Minamino, Origi and Oxlaide-Chamberlain. I mean how will they cope? 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It was still an open goal when he finally shot ……no keeper is usually equated to an open goal …..astonishing 

Of course,  but easier to score with no defenders on the line, rather than two. He should have scored either way!

28 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

So you're saying WH is better run than us? Is that what you're saying? We should have yadda yadda but wasted it. Rather than we incrementally strengthen our squad while remaining a financially well run club. Our biggest profit I feel isn't from CL football it's through the players we've sold. Does the money help the club, of course it does (35 mil getting to the QF is bound to), but I don't think it makes a huge difference to the stuff you're talking about. 

Is that why we retained Mahrez... checking our teamsheet for tomorrow... oh no that's right he plays for ManC. I'd happily be educated but as far as I'm aware Mahrez wanted out and we said not this season. Why, Kante shipped to a team NOT in CL (didn't Chelsea finish mid-table that season?). At this point Vardy is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a legend. He could have gone anywhere imo but (five years later) I don't think CL is why he stayed.   

Id say West Ham’s scouting in the last two to three years has been better than ours for sure.

You can’t deny our spending after winning the league was disastrous and was one of the factors in our inability to build upon winning the league. Our signings were unoriginal but we were in position where we could afford £40 million on a striker without having to selling a player (excepting the player enforced on us but we pretty much swap like for like in value with Mendy)

Kante left through a clause in his contract. Something we had to do for his signature. 

Mahrez stayed for a further two seasons. In part largely down to a contract we could afford thanks to the cash received from the CL. We could afford to sell Mahrez at the eventual price because we had him signed to that contract rather than the lesser terms and less length we had before winning the league. 

Similar circumstances to Vardy where we could afford a better contract to equal Arsenal’s offer. Both examples are largely financial which was only possible with qualifying for the CL.

West Ham will probably have the same situation with Rice. From being a near certainty of having to sell him this forthcoming summer. Top four qualification will retain him and put him a contract where they can sell for maximum value. 

You’ve mentioned the London pull for them too. Which is another factor which would work against us should they qualify for the CL. Apparently West Ham wanted Fofana as well at the same time as us, if they had CL, we wouldn’t have got him 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox