Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah but apparently we are negative. 

We aren't great going forward, Vardy and better set-pieces have played a significant part.

Gray banging in worldies isn't going to help us in stopping conceding soft goals every week.

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Or perhaps the coaching staff were at fault? 🤔

Because he isn't better than Barnes so didn't deserve to play on the left

Crap for us on the right, Leverkusen didn't use him on the right, and Everton are yet to use him on the right as well

Edited by moore_94

Just now, Lako42 said:

Quite a refreshing watch that 

No ****ing around across the back line over and over again. 

**** me we're boring as **** and that's compared to another underperforming shit house like Everton. 

The first half before the disallowed goal was absolute toss.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Because he isn't better than Barnes so didn't deserve to play on the left

Crap for us on the right, Leverkusen didn't use him on the right, and Everton are yet to use him on the right as well

Doing more than OK for Everton in his best position and scoring goals. Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Our attack isn't the problem, we've scored the sixth most goals.

Yeah, why are people bemoaning old attacking players not being here anymore? Going forward we are still a top 6 side, it's the defending of a bottom 3 side that's the problem.

Demarai Gray wouldn't add anything to us right now. If he was a centre-back maybe...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

We aren't great going forward, Vardy and better set-pieces have played a significant part.

Gray banging in worldies isn't going to help us in stopping conceding soft goals every week.

I just don’t see the hysteria about us being negative, it’s not a dig at your opinion Corky. I think we are in the same ball park. 

We are scoring goals very freely at the moment. We’ve scored four three times this season. I think it’s a criticism which could have been levelled at us around September time but Maddison has started to click going forward. 

People objectively watching us at the more think we are entertaining as hell cos of the amount goals in our games. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

34 minutes ago, sishades said:

Just shows that our coaching may not be as good as some think they are. How sickening that he did not do this for us.

He did score a very similar goal against Man Utd coming off the left, but Barnes proved far more effective for us there. He had to leave, stop sulking and improve so good on him if he's done that.

Just now, Lako42 said:

A real pro. 

Sounds like he personally pushes Gray in training as well. 

Assume we didn't have anyone doing that. 

I'd assume we did actually. The leaders we had in the squad would likely push players on. We had Chillwell, Barnes, Hamza all breaking into the side, that doesn't happen with no one encouraging and pushing players on.

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I just don’t see the hysteria about us being negative, it’s not a dig at your opinion Corky. I think we are in the same ball park. 

We are scoring goals very freely at the moment. We’ve scored four three times this season. I think it’s a criticism which could have been levelled at us around September time but Maddison has started to click going forward. 

People objectively watching us at the more think we are entertaining as hell cos of the amount goals in our games. 

Because we are, 90% of our game is passing it sideways or backwards across the backline, rarely venturing forward until we go behind (Yes, amazingly we scored the first goal yesterday! I was shocked!), getting nosebleeds should we cross the half way line! God forbid!

All because it 'draws the opposition out', i'm yet to see it. Never heard so much bullshit in my life.

The fact we've scored so many is thanks to our clinical striker, we all know about his goal conversation rate, but that usually happens once we're behind in games, behind in games because of passing exclusively between our LB, CB's, RB and back to Schmeichel putting ourselves under constant pressure. going deeper and deeper and the opposition being happy to wait for us to mess up, being, negative.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

He did score a very similar goal against Man Utd coming off the left, but Barnes proved far more effective for us there. He had to leave, stop sulking and improve so good on him if he's done that.

Gray and Chilwell combined well on the left, but, as you say, Barnes's emergence pushed Gray out of the picture. We needed similar on the right, but apart from Ricardo and to a lesser extent Castagne, we haven't had that balance. Gray wasn't the man for the right.

• Like 1