Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting to see who these players are. 

Obviously if we do win it will be only because Spurs players had COVID and not in any way, shape or form that we MIGHT have played decently... 

You'd imagine so based on the fact you can count on one hand the amount of times we've played well in 2021 (I'm talking a regular hand as well, not a Coalville hand)

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Obviously if we do win it will be only because Spurs players had COVID and not in any way, shape or form that we MIGHT have played decently... 

At this point if we get three points I don't give a shit if it's because they play their u7s and Jamie Vardy draws international condemnation for celebrating wildly in their faces and laughing at their tears. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting to see who these players are. 

To be honest I'm more concerned that their youth team would embarrass us too

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The whistle had gone about 20 seconds ago and mcginn just decided to carry on playing. God knows why he wasn't booked??

If he’d have booted the ball out of play, he’d have got a yellow. Carry on playing for no reason and waste the same amount of time and nada.

Spurs outbreak was from tests today or yesterday 

they will no doubt say that symptoms showed Sunday 

hence the players isolating will be free by next Wednesday/Thursday and will be available 

whether they are selected having missed intensive training is the question I guess. 

this will no doubt not be the last instance of this amongst squads …..

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Soyuncu as a defender doesnt even attempt to defend but rather push  as he strolls by as if nothing is alarming. Thats worse than maguire lol

Because the whistle had gone....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'm assuming before that, because McGinn does nothing but absolutely embarass him in that clip. That was Ndidi giving up and buying the foul.

Take it you didn't watch the game then?

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

what is the rule on cancelling a game?

It depends on the team impacted, based on last seasons decisions.

Big six, match cancelled if its in their favour, anyone else, hard luck. Make up a team with what you have, even if it's the tea lady in goal. 

* think you must have 13 fit players, including a goal keeper or they'll cancel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

It depends on the team impacted, based on last seasons decisions.

Big six, match cancelled if its in their favour, anyone else, hard luck. Make up a team with what you have, even if it's the tea lady in goal. 

* think you must have 13 fit players, including a goal keeper or they'll cancel. 

TBF, I think Arsenal got screwed over when they had their covid outbreak before Brentford.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gray this season. Admit he had a good start, fair enough. But I don't remember hearing a peep out of anyone between that form and the last 2 games... 

1638866100974.thumb.jpg.a20f000a8a868525d52fa33e60530acf.jpg

1638866100974.thumb.jpg.a20f000a8a868525d52fa33e60530acf.jpg

No doubt he'll get a customary goal against us but let's see if he can maintain any kind of form for longer than 3 or 4 games. Amazingly, it's the kind of issue he had with us. Who'd have thought?! 

1638866085087.jpg

Gray has 0.55 goals + assists per 90, which is the best Everton have got (above Richarlison).  Not quite what Harvey has produced (0.60) in his two best seasons for us.  But same ballpark.

Some of you want to justify your unshakeable opinions that ”he’s shit” -- and he’s not.  He’s another talented, inconsistent winger who on his day produces goals out of nothing.  Same as any number of wasteful turnover machines like Leon Bailey (many of whom defend less than ”lazy” Gray) who some folks on here drool over.  But would probably hate as much as Gray if they were fvcking up those easy pass-or-shoot decisions in City kit.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

All it takes is for an ex player to score 1 goal, regardless of level of performance or opposition, for some of our fans to start stating we should have kept them. They could be completely useless for months, they could be playing non league, but as soon as they score its proof we shouldn't have let them go.

By the time he was in his last season here I remember very few here who wanted to keep him?  He was long since out of road at LCFC, a point I made myself.  Albeit I did predict he would set himself up in the PL on an eight figure contract.  Hmm ...

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

:schmike:

Do you even have any faith in us at all? 

Or do you fall in to the category I actually described where you probably find it difficult to praise the team unless there's a mitigating circumstance (in this scenario Spurs might be missing some key players). As in, will always find an excuse to think of something negative to work against the team... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Some of you want to justify your unshakeable opinions that ”he’s shit” -- and he’s not.  He’s another talented, inconsistent winger who on his day produces goals out of nothing.  Same as any number of wasteful turnover machines like Leon Bailey (many of whom defend less than ”lazy” Gray) who some folks on here drool over.  But would probably hate as much as Gray if they were fvcking up those easy pass-or-shoot decisions in City kit.

I very rarely say players are shit. And haven't done with Gray. My gripe with Gray is that he was inconsistent and never showed regular periods of form to warrant a regular starting position. Then he threw his toys out the pram and got mardy.

The former seems to be happening at Everton. The latter probably won't happen because he's matured (hopefully). 

22 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Gray has 0.55 goals + assists per 90, which is the best Everton have got (above Richarlison).  Not quite what Harvey has produced (0.60) in his two best seasons for us.  But same ballpark.

By the time he was in his last season here I remember very few here who wanted to keep him?  He was long since out of road at LCFC, a point I made myself.  Albeit I did predict he would set himself up in the PL on an eight figure contract.  Hmm ...

You’re right but I don’t think people wanted him to go.  I think people just weren’t that upset if he left. 

He actually had his best spell for the club in his last appearances. He looked fresh after the covid break and it would have been great if we could have held onto him for a short while longer. But you can’t keep a player like Dimi happy on the bench, so it was best for everyone that he moved on. 

if we signed him tomorrow he still wouldn’t be starting over Barnes. Our situation hasn’t changed. I for one, actually hope he does great things now 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Spurs hit with Covid outbreak. 6 players and 2 staff testing positive apparently. 

If that’s what they will be missing and the game gets canned, it makes a complete mockery of the 25 man squad. 

• Like 2