Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I very rarely say players are shit. And haven't done with Gray. My gripe with Gray is that he was inconsistent and never showed regular periods of form to warrant a regular starting position. Then he threw his toys out the pram and got mardy.

The former seems to be happening at Everton. The latter probably won't happen because he's matured (hopefully). 

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that with a run of games he starting to show the potential we could all see in him and why we signed him. The talent has always been there, it’s just a shame he couldn’t show it for us like he’s doing so with Everton. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I very rarely say players are shit. And haven't done with Gray. My gripe with Gray is that he was inconsistent and never showed regular periods of form to warrant a regular starting position. Then he threw his toys out the pram and got mardy.

The former seems to be happening at Everton. The latter probably won't happen because he's matured (hopefully). 

Sorry Stan, you are certainly not one to call players shit.  I quoted you to make a counter-point that "inconsistent" can still be productive.  And "consistent winger" is probably an oxymoron anyway.

Other posts here do call him shit.  It's one thing to do that during the heat of a match.  But more than a few on here do it as a habit.  And every such post says much, much more about the poster than it does about the player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

If that’s what they will be missing and the game gets canned, it makes a complete mockery of the 25 man squad. 

As stated above, if you have a GK and 13 outfield players available then you must complete the fixture

i would think that if Spurs suffered another nine positives then they would claim injuries amongst the available players means they have less than 13 outfield. 

I would hope we would do the same !

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As stated above, if you have a GK and 13 outfield players available then you must complete the fixture

i would think that if Spurs suffered another nine positives then they would claim injuries amongst the available players means they have less than 13 outfield. 

I would hope we would do the same !

I’m guessing it depends who is out for them. If Kane & Son are they’ll lay it on thick. 

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe Gray thinks he wasn't treated right here  with not getting any chances to play in the first team and the frustration just built up. That's why he's exploded at Everton with all those goals and assists

He played in 133 PL games with Leicester and equal to 69 full games. 

It doesn't really explain his spell at Leverkusen as well. 

His time at Everton strikes with similar to his time at Leicester; patchy form where he runs into a good spell occasionally.

Interestingly his goal involvement output this season is very similar to Barnes. A goal or assist every 174 minutes to 190 minutes from Barnes 

• Like 1

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

I think he didn't really take his career to seriously here.

Went to Germany probably missed home and realized it was time to go back and get serious.

Now we are seeing him at his best at Everton.

Feel we should have loaned him out more when we first got him.

I think that's fair but I don't necessarily agree with loaning him, he'd done the hard graft at Birmingham. We were actually quite foolish to buy him when we did; he scored 1 in 24 for Birmingham that season 

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I think he didn't really take his career to seriously here.

Went to Germany probably missed home and realized it was time to go back and get serious.

Now we are seeing him at his best at Everton.

Feel we should have loaned him out more when we first got him.

He was very highly rated around the time of his signing, there was surprise we managed to get him and not the likes of Arsenal etc. Don’t think we could have loaned him 

Can't deny it was a very good goal but to quote Thomas Frank "he’s not doing that 100 out of 100 times, or even 10 out of 100 times,” & Leverkusen were happy to get their money back after less than 6mths only playing 10 lge games & scoring just the 1 goal which came on his debut just to tease their fans into thinking they had got a player.

He is what he is & he wasn't for us not sure why we always have to go over all our old players as if we let a Messi style player leave due to mismanagement.

You can’t deny the lad thought it was everyone else’s fault when he was here. The constant guff on social media about being ‘in shackles’ etc confirmed that. 

That’s what will get him a boo from the crowd in a few weeks. Not that I agree but players who rock up here thinking they’re bigger than the club, fail, then come back to haunt us make me laugh. Overly celebrating goals etc.

Fine to do that, but who does that say the most about? IMO that’s a lack of application and the fault there lies with the player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To be fair, having a full week off in December wouldn't be awful for us either. We will be fresh against Everton.

Would rather play their reserves and try to get the points on the board 

I doubt it would work like that and we know if they only had eight players and one of those was Kane, he would still bag a brace in a 2-1 win! 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I’m guessing it depends who is out for them. If Kane & Son are they’ll lay it on thick. 

Son, Davies, Emerson, romero(injured anyway) ,Gil 

ryan mason and another coach. 

No way they can cancel a game unless others have it as well 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do you even have any faith in us at all? 

Or do you fall in to the category I actually described where you probably find it difficult to praise the team unless there's a mitigating circumstance (in this scenario Spurs might be missing some key players). As in, will always find an excuse to think of something negative to work against the team... 

Faith, unfortunately it's waning, has been for a while and the frustrations are only getting worse, I feel it's coming to a head now though.

It seems very much one foot forward (I say that based on 3 games recently, Man Utd, Warsaw and Watford, I've seen very little else in the last 12 months to base that on), 2 back returning to the awful style. (Quite an ironic analogy literally describing our style)

I just don't see where we're going with the style, I can't get my head round it, I really can't, why we keep persisting with the same things, ruing the same issues, making the same mistakes and seem to be doing next to nothing to even attempt to fix things, well it's just all beyond me.

I give praise, I gave praise after Warsaw, I gave praise after Watford, I tempered the praise following it up by saying it was a struggling and/or poor Warsaw and Watford but that in itself was praise and a positive as those type of games against those type of team are where we have really struggled and been frustrated against but we attacked them and were positive and shock horror! It was enjoyable and exciting - who'd have thought!

Only to followed by back to usual crap I can't get my head around v Southampton and then as the 1st half went on v Villa going into a terrible 2nd half.

• Like 1

Certainly a debate to be had here.

They're incredibly good at what they do however much I dislike it I can't say anything else but they’re so boring.

Then to see other teams, ourselves and a majority of teams to copy it is just heartbreaking, if it's boring when a team who are good at it does it, it's going to be even more boring when we and most other teams who simply aren’t very good at it do it.

They were also debating how boring Arsenal were last night, Pep wannabe Arteta, Shock. Tbh from what I seen of that game Arsenal didn’t do the old strangling possession stuff they just didn’t look bothered and Everton wanted it more.

Different strokes for different folks but I just wished teams would mix it up abit, there is more than one way to skin a cat than this one size fits all crap.

Edited by Matt

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Certainly a debate to be had here.

Just heard Talksport debating it too, was hoping there would be something on social media from them on the debate but can’t find anything yet.

They're incredibly good at what they do but they’re so boring then for other teams, us and a majority of teams to copy it is just heartbreaking, especially when we and most teams simply aren’t very good at it.

They were also debating how boring Arsenal were last night. Shock. Tbh from what I seen of that game Arsenal didn’t do the old strangling possession stuff they just didn’t look bothered and Everton wanted it more.

Different strokes for different folks but I just wished teams would mix it up abit, there is more than one way to skin a cat than this one size fits all crap.

It definitely bores me watching Man City 2-0 up just passing it in front of the opposition and not letting them touch the ball.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Gray this season. Admit he had a good start, fair enough. But I don't remember hearing a peep out of anyone between that form and the last 2 games... 

1638866100974.thumb.jpg.a20f000a8a868525d52fa33e60530acf.jpg

1638866100974.thumb.jpg.a20f000a8a868525d52fa33e60530acf.jpg

No doubt he'll get a customary goal against us but let's see if he can maintain any kind of form for longer than 3 or 4 games. Amazingly, it's the kind of issue he had with us. Who'd have thought?! 

1638866085087.jpg

It’s not just one cracking goal though is it.

if you take away the midfielders on this list that play as strikers he is in the top 8 midfielders in the league for goals and assists.

4 of his 5 goals have come from his 6 starts as a Left midfielder.

You can discredit it however you want about consistency but as per the list no one has been consistent apart form Salah who players as a left winger.

I’m sure he is the one signing the Everton fans are happy with at 1.7m.

On course for 10 plus goals in his first season.

1EEA3AAA-FFB9-454A-A95F-5EC230DF45E0.png

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not just one cracking goal though is it.

if you take away the midfielders on this list that play as strikers he is in the top 8 midfielders in the league for goals and assists.

4 of his 5 goals have come from his 6 starts as a Left midfielder.

You can discredit it however you want about consistency but as per the list no one has been consistent apart form Salah who players as a left winger.

I’m sure he is the one signing the Everton fans are happy with at 1.7m.

On course for 10 plus goals in his first season.

1EEA3AAA-FFB9-454A-A95F-5EC230DF45E0.png

We are using FPL now as a indicator for performance of players ? 

• Haha 2