Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Pep has had a very lucky career hes managed to manage three clubs with a huge transfer budget. It would interesting to see how he would cope with restricted budget. I agree to go into clubs with big name players you do need to be very confident, good motivator in order to lure the big players in and be able to handle there egos. His he the world's best coach? 

Fergie in his day could say started from the bottom. Managing midtable Aberdeen side to Scottish champions then UEFA cup winners on a small budget then moving to under performing man u before the big spending and turn them into a huge European force again.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

I mean, other than them shitting on West Ham to pander to the North London two, its probably not that far off is it? 

Hard to argue that that's going to be the top three in one order or another, United probably will sort their shit out under Rangnick, 9th probably is about the best we can expect on current form, Tottenham and Arsenal have improved, Newcastle are likely to spend enough in January to not go down and 10th - 16th is pretty much just a mess of anything goes anyway. 

🤷

There are people who genuinely miss the days of 80s and 90s football. I'm glad we have moved on from aimless hoofballs and having thugs like Vinnie Jones as CDMs. 

Night and day... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

There are people who genuinely miss the days of 80s and 90s football. I'm glad we have moved on from aimless hoofballs and having thugs like Vinnie Jones as CDMs. 

Night and day... 

You could post Kasper in the top picture as a comparison today.

• Like 2

Antonio Conte says Tottenham have 13 positive Covid-19 cases among players and staff

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12489984/antonio-conte-says-tottenham-have-13-positive-covid-19-cases-among-players-and-staff

Antonio Conte has confirmed eight players of Tottenham's first-team squad and five staff members have tested positive for coronavirus. 

The Spurs head coach added the number is growing every day and said it is "a serious problem".

Conte said: "The situation makes me very upset because the situation is serious. It's contagious and there is a big infection.

"Now we are a bit scared because tomorrow we don't know what will happen."

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Antonio Conte says Tottenham have 13 positive Covid-19 cases among players and staff

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12489984/antonio-conte-says-tottenham-have-13-positive-covid-19-cases-among-players-and-staff

Antonio Conte has confirmed eight players of Tottenham's first-team squad and five staff members have tested positive for coronavirus. 

The Spurs head coach added the number is growing every day and said it is "a serious problem".

Conte said: "The situation makes me very upset because the situation is serious. It's contagious and there is a big infection.

Screenshot_20211208_142528_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_787253173841332.jpg

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It would be interesting to know how many if any have had the vaccines and to what level? It would help people to consider how and if they are likely to be infected even if they've had the vaccine(s).

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

It would be interesting to know how many if any have had the vaccines and to what level? It would help people to consider how and if they are likely to be infected even if they've had the vaccine(s).

Vaccines help soften the effects, not stopping if you will catch it or not 

Edited by jammie82uk

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Oh I know but it would be interesting to see, we've heard of some players not getting vaccinated, if they are all fully vaccinated they might indicate how vulnerable people still are when in close quarters with a group of people.. If any are not vaccinated are we going to see some of them suffer really badly. I just think it could gives a picture of susceptibility.

Of course it could be counter productive with the anti vax saying well it doesn't work anyway.

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The big question is have the players been sticking to the restrictions are social distancing, if there partying twice a week then it's very difficult to reduce the risk of catching the virus.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Oh I know but it would be interesting to see, we've heard of some players not getting vaccinated, if they are all fully vaccinated they might indicate how vulnerable people still are when in close quarters with a group of people.. If any are not vaccinated are we going to see some of them suffer really badly. I just think it could gives a picture of susceptibility.

Of course it could be counter productive with the anti vax saying well it doesn't work anyway.

I think most of us already know the answer to this as the situation hasn’t really changed, others just seem to want to cut off their nose to spite their face because of their dislike for certain people but I digress so will leave the matter rest 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I think most of us already know the answer to this as the situation hasn’t really changed, others just seem to want to cut off their nose to spite their face because of their dislike for certain people but I digress so will leave the matter rest 

Aye it'll be what it'll be there's little the individual can do other than follow their conscience and do what's best for them, their families and if they care the wider population.

• Like 1