Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Though it wasn't enough to keep Rodgers. But then we're the mighty Leicester. 

Rodgers had won everything and would probably have gone three months later anyway, I think both he and the club were planning for that but Puel's struggle hastened it all.

Gerrard will want the Liverpool job if he comes back to England but I can see him at Rangers for two or three more years.

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Rodgers had won everything and would probably have gone three months later anyway, I think both he and the club were planning for that but Puel's struggle hastened it all.

Gerrard will want the Liverpool job if he comes back to England but I can see him at Rangers for two or three more years.

I know. I was being facetious. 

Was just watching every PL clubs record score in the Premier League. One thing that stood out to me how insanely good Vardy has been (already knew that). 118 goals in the Premier League. He's ballin" with the big boys of Kane (146), Fowler (126), Lampard (147). 

Some clubs have really low record Premier League scorers. West Brom (30 goals  by Odemwengie), Wolves (34 by Jimenez), West Ham (47 by Di Canio). Even teams who seemingly been in the Premier League for 25 years like Villa have Agbonlahor as their recurs scorer with 72 goals. 

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Was just watching every PL clubs record score in the Premier League. One thing that stood out to me how insanely good Vardy has been (already knew that). 118 goals in the Premier League. He's ballin" with the big boys of Kane (146), Fowler (126), Lampard (147). 

Some clubs have really low record Premier League scorers. West Brom (30 goals  by Odemwengie), Wolves (34 by Jimenez), West Ham (47 by Di Canio). Even teams who seemingly been in the Premier League for 25 years like Villa have Agbonlahor as their recurs scorer with 72 goals. 

Fair play to Chris Wood getting on there with Burnley.  Man must be a bit of a club legend in those parts.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

Surely in much less games than the others mentioned?

14 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

BBC football gossip page saying Steven Gerrard could be next inline for Spurs job if Nuno rejects it.

What I want to know is, if Palace and Everton both rejected Nuno's costly backroom staff, how the hell is Levy gonna  accept that when he's as tight as a nun's chuff? 

10 hours ago, CloudFox said:

In my opinion the 'only managed in Scotland' argument doesn't hold much water when it comes to Gerrard. He's played extensively in the PL, and knows it inside-out. It's the same with Lampard - he did reasonably well despite never having managed above Championship level. Lampard did not have enough time to develop, however, as is to be expected at Chelsea.

Also, as Corky says...

Gerrard is far better off staying at Rangers and showing he's not a flash in the pan. He can really build something there and compete in the Champions League. This means he will continue to develop as a coach and manager, while getting the opportunity to taste the Champions League without the pressure there is at Spurs.

Spurs are a mess at the moment. They will go through a couple more managers before they right themselves and get back to the level they were at, I think. That's exactly why Kane wants to leave - he understands this is not something that will be fixed by the next manager.

Isn't it wonderful..

Thank you God.. thank you so bloody much!😂😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Secondly, Spurs want to be successful, as all clubs do, so I'd be surprised if they took a risk on someone with limited managerial experience at a high level. 

Given the current level of rejections and heading to desperate territory, any experience, Fifa Football manager included is going to land you the Spurs gig. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Given the current level of rejections and heading to desperate territory, any experience, Fifa Football manager included is going to land you the Spurs gig. 

Yosser Hughes has just turned the offer I'm hearing...

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Koke said:

I could be wrong, but looking at those low scores -  pre Vardy ours was Muzzy in the low 30s

I think Mahrez got 40 odd in second place.

It is immense what he has done, when you compare him to where we’ve been as a club. An absolute legend!

22 hours ago, Koke said:

Truly stunning, who would of thought one of our players would have these great statistics 10 years ago amazing 

1 hour ago, Silva Fox said:

They're turning it down before it's even been offered now! lol

image.png.a4281bbd11d101607fce037b33f38e49.png

Not sure how true, especially given it's the Sun, but it just gets better each day lol 

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2021 at 20:43, fox_up_north said:

By my count that's

Ten Hag

Conte

Brendan

Nuno

Italian bloke from Roma

Homophobic Italian

Their ex

Any others?

THe  Driscoll Brothers,  Not forgetting  Rodders & Del-boy..!!

FIFA Arab Cup. Nov/Dec 2021.

Algeria, Egypt, Morocco amongst the nations that are competing in this and AFCON 2021/22.

So the likes of Salah, Mahrez, Saiss, Benrahma, Ziyech may miss PL from Nov-Feb this season? I'm guessing their clubs will kick up a big fuss about it and basically say to the nations they can only play in one of the tournaments. As much as it weakens their respective squads, it would be quite unfair for those clubs to be losing such players for such a long time...

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Algeria, Egypt, Morocco amongst the nations that are competing in this and AFCON 2021/22.

So the likes of Salah, Mahrez, Saiss, Benrahma, Ziyech may miss PL from Nov-Feb this season? I'm guessing their clubs will kick up a big fuss about it and basically say to the nations they can only play in one of the tournaments. As much as it weakens their respective squads, it would be quite unfair for those clubs to be losing such players for such a long time...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s domestic players only. They have an African nations championship to that same rule.

Clubs won’t have to release players too given a good chunk of the tournament is outside of the international window

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

itll be domestic players only. fifa and caf have screwed african nations by putting the african cup in winter. everyone i know and most africans like myself want it to be in summer. not fair on the players either 

• Like 1