Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Be interesting if our game was this week then, might have been postponed?

it’s still spreading - every chance that they will find a way to get our game postponed on the basis that a week long firebreak at the training ground post the Rennes game will mean the game against liverpool a week on Sunday will go ahead. The premier league will want to protect that for their tv schedules …. 

55 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

The big question is have the players been sticking to the restrictions are social distancing, if there partying twice a week then it's very difficult to reduce the risk of catching the virus.

There are no rules currently. The only difference at the moment left is that the zone around the changing rooms and pitches has a very select number of people allowed in it. This has been the reasoning they maintained post match interviews outside on the pitch. 

Training grounds are free for all's when it comes to walking around. They are perfectly allowed to do what they want currently socially; as many people as possible are allowed in their house for example. 

The PL were happy to let Man City call off games last season despite overwhelming evidence they had a number of players who broke rules. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

56 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If it's omicron, everything we know so far suggests it will run through their squad fully quite quickly. 

Wonder if any of the affected players have refused the vaccine.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if any of the affected players have refused the vaccine.

Wouldn't matter if it does. The majority of players would have been eligible for their second vaccine in August which means the efficiency of their existing vaccination is substantially waned (as per myself). 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Surely Kaspar could practice kicking the ball out to our own players? Anyone can nail it with enough effort? Or at least improve a bit??

He's no better or worse than most keepers, Ederson isn't the norm.

58 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Part of me thinks it may benefit us to see it postpone and have some time on the training pitch to address our issues.

However, I don't think the PL will be keen. Spurs already have the Burnley game to fit in. 

Definitely for me.

Freezing night in December. Get it postponed until March.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There are no rules currently. The only difference at the moment left is that the zone around the changing rooms and pitches has a very select number of people allowed in it. This has been the reasoning they maintained post match interviews outside on the pitch. 

Training grounds are free for all's when it comes to walking around. They are perfectly allowed to do what they want currently socially; as many people as possible are allowed in their house for example. 

The PL were happy to let Man City call off games last season despite overwhelming evidence they had a number of players who broke rules. 

I'm sure I saw Dele Alli without a mask checking out the baked beans in Aldi the other day

The Spurs game will definitely be postponed.  The Premier League won't want a repeat of what happened in Portugal last week when Benfica's opposition were only able to field 9 players, including two goalkeepers.  The match was abandoned after Benfica were 7-0 up at half time and only 7 opposition players emerged for the second half.  One of them went down injured and then there weren't enough players on the pitch and the game had to be called off.  Embarrassing spectacle.  The game should never have been started.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

It would be interesting to know how many if any have had the vaccines and to what level? It would help people to consider how and if they are likely to be infected even if they've had the vaccine(s).

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Oh I know but it would be interesting to see, we've heard of some players not getting vaccinated, if they are all fully vaccinated they might indicate how vulnerable people still are when in close quarters with a group of people.. If any are not vaccinated are we going to see some of them suffer really badly. I just think it could gives a picture of susceptibility.

Of course it could be counter productive with the anti vax saying well it doesn't work anyway.

I know the jab doesn't stop you from getting or spreading but going forward could they not put a rule in place that if players testing positive haven't been jabbed (Without valid reason) then there are no grounds for postponement?

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Why does that benefit you more than a severely weakened Spurs? 

We're playing in six straight midweeks with Europe and the League Cup, a week off and they'd take it like a shot.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The Spurs game will definitely be postponed.  The Premier League won't want a repeat of what happened in Portugal last week when Benfica's opposition were only able to field 9 players, including two goalkeepers.  The match was abandoned after Benfica were 7-0 up at half time and only 7 opposition players emerged for the second half.  One of them went down injured and then there weren't enough players on the pitch and the game had to be called off.  Embarrassing spectacle.  The game should never have been started.

if there are any further positive cases tomorrow, the Spurs training ground will be closed after the Rennes game for a week (to protect the sky liverpool game on Sunday). 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

At the very least I imagine our game goes because of trying to fit in the Rennes game. The midweek after they have League Cup QF

There is no rush to get it played - can be in January 

the last sixteen in the conference league can be drawn Spurs/vitesse - games won’t be till feb so plenty of time to organise. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

the last sixteen in the conference league can be drawn Spurs/vitesse - games won’t be till feb so plenty of time to organise. 

I thought I read that it had to be played this year.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

UEFA decree all group games must be completed by 31st December