Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

At the very least I imagine our game goes because of trying to fit in the Rennes game. The midweek after they have League Cup QF

I reckon the Rennes game will be next Thursday and we'll be moved to March time.

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Spurs wouldn’t be able to play next week though would they, wouldn’t they all still be isolating ?

They might be able to get some players back, rules in Europe are different to here in terms of numbers needed.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

I reckon the Rennes game will be next Thursday and we'll be moved to March time.

That’s my thought cos they won’t want to move the Carabao Cup quarter finals the week after and upset the cup dates with semi finals in January. 

They won’t want it much later than that either because Rennes play in the league on 22nd. (Although they do have a cup game on the Saturday before). 

It will also potentially assist us as well 

7 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Gives us a week to work on you know what

Corner practice!

Everyone blindfolded, Schmeichel has to stay on the goaline with foam hands and a sock in his mouth.

Have to stop Mendy from scoring but he will have a bell strapped round his ankle just to make it interesting.

ps clearances must be no further than 10 yards

• Haha 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Why ? You can’t just keep cancelling everything every winter 

Because of the new covid variant and its apparent rapid spread, and yes you could any tournament if the data suggests further spread is likely.

32 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

There’s no sign it causes serious illness. Cases don’t mean anything 

Of course it causes serious illness. It’s a virus. The issue is the extent to which it causes serious illness. All eyes on hospitalisation and ventilation data from Gauteng province South Africa. And difference between impact on those unvaccinated versus 1, 2 or 3 doses.

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I know for definite all our players are double vaxxed. They made a song and dance about it at the time. 

...sheep in wolves clothing 

*This is purely for the joke, I of course applaud the take up of vaccinations at your club*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We had the delta variant swarming for the euros and it still went ahead. Cancelling AFCON would be disgusting tbh

Yes, perhaps so, but this variant is even more virilent it seems thus far, feels like the sort of reactionary thing that may happen is all. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

There’s no sign it causes serious illness. Cases don’t mean anything 

It’s a variant of a virus that essentially shut the entire world down, has caused 5.2 million deaths worldwide, millions of people will suffer life long health consequences of contracting it and there is still around 7,000 people currently in hospital with Covid in the UK nearly 2 years later of the original cases being in this country 

but “there’s no sign it causes serious illness” 

Edited by jammie82uk