Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They have 3 games postponed now. Burnley, Rennes and Brighton.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So Spurs get plenty of rest before they play us, great. Unless they all suffer from covid of course. 

Wouldn't mind our game being postponed for now to be honest lol

Wonder how Spurs are going to fit in their games. Backlog will catch up with them. 

Rennes game has to be done by 31st Dec according to UEFA rules. They have no free midweek between now and then. 

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf Liverpool seem so good at doing stuff like this.

They reserve a section of tickets for every home game that can only be bought by fans with an L4 postcode (Anfield area). I think they enter a ballot. 

There’s no end of nauseating marketing bull shit associated with Liverpool (this means more etc etc) but they’ve never forgotten where they came from as a club in my opinion.

I’ll caveat this with saying I’m no great lover of the club or their fans. But fair’s fair isn’t it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Manini said:

They reserve a section of tickets for every home game that can only be bought by fans with an L4 postcode (Anfield area). I think they enter a ballot. 

There’s no end of nauseating marketing bull shit associated with Liverpool (this means more etc etc) but they’ve never forgotten where they came from as a club in my opinion.

I’ll caveat this with saying I’m no great lover of the club or their fans. But fair’s fair isn’t it. 

I didn't know about the Postcode thing but yeah I see a lot of community stuff that they appear to be so good at.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I can't find it.

So, if the Spurs v Brighton game is off then surely our game with Spurs will be too as those who tested positive will have to self isolate for 10 days which takes us past next Thursday? 

7 minutes ago, floz said:

So, if the Spurs v Brighton game is off then surely our game with Spurs will be too as those who tested positive will have to self isolate for 10 days which takes us past next Thursday? 

The next 5 City games can be postponed  as far as I care at the moment!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, floz said:

Depends how many test positive. 

I very much doubt we have that many players currently positive with Covid to warrant a postponement. Spurs literally had an outbreak and had 13 (?) staff and players out. 

It's not comparable really. 

28 minutes ago, floz said:

If Spurs say their sufferers developed symptoms on Sunday then they are out of isolation end Wednesday and could play Thursday - though lack of training may be an issue.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Depends how many test positive. 

I very much doubt we have that many players currently positive with Covid to warrant a postponement. Spurs literally had an outbreak and had 13 (?) staff and players out. 

It's not comparable really. 

Sorry Stan, I meant a postponement due to the Spurs players not ours. They will still be unavailable next Thursday. 

• Like 1

Just now, floz said:

Sorry Stan, I meant a postponement due to the Spurs players not ours. They will still be unavailable next Thursday. 

Yeah fair point. Depends when they isolated from as some of the chat about it was Sunday/Monday, by which time they'd have finished isolating by Wednesday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, floz said:

Depends when they were tested. News came out Tuesday/Wednesday but they might have test positive on Sunday/Monday.

• Thanks 1