Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I thought they’d decided that the ball has to hit below the upper part of the sleeve to be a handball?

It’s debatable whether that hit the underside of his arm or not but it definitely didn’t hit him on a part of the arm which would be handball.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, your guy kicked him in the leg and didn't get near the ball. It would have been a stonewall pen last year. You only got away with that one because of the new rules. Rules I normally agree with but have to say you did get lucky with that. 

@Line-X:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ttfn said:

I thought they’d decided that the ball has to hit below the upper part of the sleeve to be a handball?

It’s debatable whether that hit the underside of his arm or not but it definitely didn’t hit him on a part of the arm which would be handball.

It hit his back 

That's the worst penalty decision I've seen since Jon Moss gave Man Utd a pen when Fernandes spun in a circle then stamped on a stationary Villa defender, or the most incorrect handball since Jon Moss gave a pen to Forest when Matt Mills was getting up off the floor and a Forest defender kicked the ball at his arm that was supporting his bodyweight.

Jon Moss is shit.

• Like 3

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Only listening to commentary on the radio. Trevor sinclair (obviously) says its stonewall commentator read a rule that says it can't be a peno... what happened 

Moutinho has his arm in a ridiculous position over his head, like straight up in the air, so when the ball is fired in and hits him Jon Moss blows for a penalty.

VAR then watches it and it actually hits him under his arm, it hits like the topside of his torso/his arm pit. Obviously that means the top of the ball hits the underside of his arm.

I suppose technically that means some ball hits some arm that's in an unnatural position so VAR doesn't want to claim it's clear and obvious and over-rule it? It's stupid, though, especially with this thing in the handball rule about the 'sleeves' of a t-shirt being fine, you'd thought it had just hit the 'underside' of that 'sleeve'? I dunno. It's a pretty bad decision. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the worst decision I've ever seen, some people over-reacting a bit, mostly because of how stupid Moutinho is waving his arm above his head, I mean he's practically looking to give a penalty away.

But yeah, I'd be pissed off if it was given against us.

• Thanks 1