Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Here’s Peter Walton wonder what he will think 

trying to say there wasn't 'clear and obvious evidence' to say it shouldn't have been a penalty. 

Despite the fact it literally didn't touch his arm lol 

So if the rule is that it's OK (ie not a yellow) for the opponent to delay the quick quick by standing there, OK to be hit by a quick free kick but becomes a yellow if he moves to stop the ball (and I don't necessarily disagree) then can everyone who faces Fernandez standing over every free kick, which he does, scoop it up into his rat-like face and instinctively he'll move in some way and meet the ball with a shoulder or arm and be carded? Or would our player be carded for ungentlemanly conduct?

Just now, StanSP said:

trying to say there wasn't 'clear and obvious evidence' to say it shouldn't have been a penalty. 

Despite the fact it literally didn't touch his arm lol 

He is a disgrace isn’t he. He just said Jon Moss did really well. Scumbag.

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

End of the day, Wolves came here with zero interest in trying to score, hoped for a nil nil and just looked to park the bus. Have gotten pretty much everything they deserved.

I know it's not the easiest place to go but you've got to actually TRY and get at them. Just a reminder that in the last five years we've only failed to score once there and in that time we've registered a 1-3 win and a 2-5 win. 

What's wrong with going away to a 1bn team playing for a clean sheet and a draw?  Wolves don't have to do anything.  It was working / worked and they probably would have got their desired result without an awful call.

If we were playing Man City away and I told you we had a man sent off before HT and a bad call against that resulted in a pen, how many goals would you think we shipped in total?

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We have tried, when we can. But we don't score many goals at the best of times. 

Man City haven't scored either. The game has been decided 100% by the officials. 

Under statement. Wolves have only scored one goal in the last 6 games. 

Agree with the second para. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Moutinho has his arm in a ridiculous position over his head, like straight up in the air, so when the ball is fired in and hits him Jon Moss blows for a penalty.

VAR then watches it and it actually hits him under his arm, it hits like the topside of his torso/his arm pit. Obviously that means the top of the ball hits the underside of his arm.

I suppose technically that means some ball hits some arm that's in an unnatural position so VAR doesn't want to claim it's clear and obvious and over-rule it? It's stupid, though, especially with this thing in the handball rule about the 'sleeves' of a t-shirt being fine, you'd thought it had just hit the 'underside' of that 'sleeve'? I dunno. It's a pretty bad decision. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the worst decision I've ever seen, some people over-reacting a bit, mostly because of how stupid Moutinho is waving his arm above his head, I mean he's practically looking to give a penalty away.

But yeah, I'd be pissed off if it was given against us.

I've seen a few instances of players not getting back and the ball played at them and they've not been booked, granted they weren't elite teams but the 'not getting back' has been getting more prevalent every season. Whatever happened to moving it forward? 

Inconsistency is so consistent.

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I was impressed with your manager after the match. He had every reason to feel aggrieved at the penalty decision but he accepted it without resorting to any bull. He didn't agree with it, but accepted it and said let's move on.

Very refreshing in comparison to many premier league managers. Seems a no nonsense man. 

Knows how to defend too.

4 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I was impressed with your manager after the match. He had every reason to feel aggrieved at the penalty decision but he accepted it without resorting to any bull. He didn't agree with it, but accepted it and said let's move on.

Very refreshing in comparison to many premier league managers. Seems a no nonsense man. 

He will have absolutley wanted to but what's the point. He'd either be fined or get a touch line ban if he said what he really thought. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He will have absolutley wanted to but what's the point. He'd either be fined or get a touch line ban if he said what he really thought. 

Doesn't usually stop them. That's my whole point really. Most of them 'find' an excuse when they lose, usually to do with an official or decision. He had a legitimate reason to be aggrieved. I thought it was refreshing, that's all. 

Ok, it wasn't refreshing and you're right :surrender:

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

3 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Doesn't usually stop them. That's my whole point really. Most of them 'find' an excuse when they lose, usually to do with an official or decision. He had a legitimate reason to be aggrieved. I thought it was refreshing, that's all. 

He did have legitimate reason. But speak about it and the FA throw the book at you :dunno:

Thats my point. 

You can say little bits as he did when he said he doesn't think it's a penalty. But if he had come out and said it wasn't a penalty and it was an awful decision by a terrible referee he wouldn't be on the touchline a week later. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX