Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's quite common in Norwich... 

IMG_20211211_204019.jpg

****ing hell.

Why would you video somebody celebrating a goal against your own team? If only I'd got the phone out after Deeney banged it in. Could have had loads of views on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Never a pen. Ings fouls the Liverpool player in the build up. 

I agree. It would be nice if the ref could just come out and say that instead of looking imcompetent.

Still really do not understand why the refs can't be mic'ed up and being interviewed after games. That should clear a lot of things up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Any form of contact and the players going down seems to be a good penalty shout these days !

...and strongly supported by most ex players / pundits who probably have a significant influence on them as they're seen as 'experts'

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Also they said on MOTD Allison got the ball but probably wasn’t clear at the time and as usual we never hear the communication between officials .

TBH I thought it was a penalty for Salah too .

Sure he went down arms all over the place but like our guy on Friday Mings was clumsy .

Chelsea ones were a bit soft considering Rudiger is a big bloke !

Man City one was a joke though .

Just finished watching the highlights of the Chelsea v Leeds game and the first Chelsea pen was a wonderful tackle and the second was a dive.

The pundits were claiming they were two stupid challenges. I feel so out of touch with the game at the moment. Never pens.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I agree. It would be nice if the ref could just come out and say that instead of looking imcompetent.

Still really do not understand why the refs can't be mic'ed up and being interviewed after games. That should clear a lot of things up.

Or like in rugby when they do the VAR.

Would stop any influence from players or dissent when they are making a decision which you see.

Players aren’t supposed to stand behind the ref when they are looking at the screen but they clearly do .

41 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Or like in rugby when they do the VAR.

Would stop any influence from players or dissent when they are making a decision which you see.

Players aren’t supposed to stand behind the ref when they are looking at the screen but they clearly do .

It's clear the refs have very little control over the players antics until they start punishing them for their over zealous rantings / intimidation then it'll continue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I can see why the Man United one was given but it is still soft. The worst ones were Chelsea's second and the Man City one.

Liverpool were diving at every opportunity yesterday and motd didn't even disagree with that second one for Chelsea .. hardly touched him any other non big team would never get that .. villa get one turned down right near the end as well and chelsea get one right at the end, like I said yesterday its fixed got to be.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Just now, filbertway said:

Just watched the Liverpool highlights, I swear Salah fouls Mings rather than the other way round lol

I thought the Liverpool one was as soft as the rest of them. Salah did the classic Vardy trick of running ahead of the defender then stopping so the defender knocks him over.

I thought they’d said that this was being clamped down on, much like minimal contact (the 2nd Chelsea pen).

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I thought the Liverpool one was as soft as the rest of them. Salah did the classic Vardy trick of running ahead of the defender then stopping so the defender knocks him over.

I thought they’d said that this was being clamped down on, much like minimal contact (the 2nd Chelsea pen).

Feels like at the very least it's obstruction and if it's not obstruction then it's a straight up foul. Blocking someones path without any intention of playing the ball is obstruction right? Or am I going mad? lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Gray mistake leads to Gallagher goal! 

That was more "Demi just didn't see those helicopter blades" than mere "Gray mistake".

But I wouldn't be shocked to see him get it back.  That's just Gray.