Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Everton fans...christ...I've never understood the hate fans have for players and managers. They're not wedded to your club. If Clough was still alive and our job available, I'm not gonna turn down a title winning manager just cause he was at Forest and Derby. 

Grow up. It's a job to these people and some of them, like Benitez, are pretty good at it. 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just awful and disrespectful. When people take things to things to the next level and go too far... I mean we didnt want Puel was here. But we didn't go round his house threatening the guy. Hope for Rafas sake he doesn't take it. He deserves better than this. 

Offer him the Spuds job, so he can turn it down 😂

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2021 at 11:02, Corky said:

Gerrard has the chance to win back-to-back titles, win his first cup and play in the Champions League this season.

He's not giving that up for Tottenham.

Not sure if i'm missing the obvious joke but Brendan Rodgers gave up the chance for the treble treble to come to us. If he's offered the Spurs job, he'll take it.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure if i'm missing the obvious joke but Brendan Rodgers gave up the chance for the treble treble to come to us. If he's offered the Spurs job, he'll take it.

He would be wrong to do so, but I think you are right. Gerrard has a great thing going on at rangers and should stay for another 2/3 years to build that experience. Don’t think he is ready to take a job like Spurs with big expectations and not the resources to achieve it. In fact it seems a tough job for any manager in my view, probably why they are staying away. Rodgers took the job here because we were a team with a young side on the way up, he knew he could do something good and progress the side 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Nuno says..

No no no no no no no no no.....

NO!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

They try to make me manage Tottenham

I say no, no, no

To the tune of rehab 

Edited by foxile5

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I’m not sure he would, I get what your saying but spurs want to be challenging at the top with liverpool, they’re a long long way off that and don’t appear to have the means to do so. There is something seriously wrong there for so many managers to be turning it down. If he wants to manage in the premier league before going to liverpool he needs to be careful where he goes as a bad decision could rule him out of the liverpool job for good if things go against him. 

He’d be best waiting for a good mid table club with ambition and the means to fulfil that ambition, show he can build a team again and progress the club.

I also don’t think many teams above mid table or the greedy six will go for him anyway as they won’t want to appear to be a stepping stone for his dream move.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Theyve enquired for him three times. He's declined everytime. 

Just now, jruizc_ said:

Bad appointment in my opinion

Agree but it's Crystal Palace. It's either appoint a former great player with average managerial CV or take a punt on a lower league manager or foreign manager in the Swiss or Dutch league. Palace isn't an attractive job to any half decent coach.