Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Exactly. it is the fact they can't train that has resulted in the cancellation not the number of positive covid tests as I understand it.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Similar to spurs being criticised by Rennes for “unilaterally deciding” that their game would be cancelled. They will almost certainly forfeit that game. United arguably should too…. But won’t happen. 

Agreed. Man Utd chose to close their training ground. If they can't get the players to be double jabbed then it's their own fault. They should be made to fulfill the fixture unless they have over a certain number of cases. 

I just read that Wolves are the only club to have 100% of over 18s double jabbed in time for their boosters. What's the point if they're just going to let clubs dictate whether they play games or not regardless of vaccination status?

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It'll be fascinating when it all eventually implodes and it has to at some point. The greed of the Premier League will be it's downfall eventually.

Hoping that all of our infrastructure is in place by then putting the club in a strong position than most to bounce back. 

32 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

"We expect all our players, particularly our captain, to work to the rules and standards we have all set and agreed," the club said in a statement.

"We are fully focused on tomorrow's match."

D09327D0-28F6-4C43-8A10-D01252D5A166.jpeg

Must be nice to piss about at work, not do your job and still pull in £350k a week.

46 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

"We expect all our players, particularly our captain, to work to the rules and standards we have all set and agreed," the club said in a statement.

"We are fully focused on tomorrow's match."

D09327D0-28F6-4C43-8A10-D01252D5A166.jpeg

I'm surprised it's taken Arteta this long. He's not had great discipline for a while. Seemed a bit of an odd choice at the time, even if he did seem to relish it at first.

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea are so far past their final warning for failing to control their players that the authorities are just ignoring it entirely.

All kicked off cos of the usual protagonist :  Rudiger. Refs and everyone else scared of him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Crystal Palace have announced their Covid guidelines for matches, I imagine ours will probably be announced at about 7pm on Thursday

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/information/covid-19-requirements-to-enter-selhurst-park-during-plan-b/2021-12-14/

To attend the fixture, you must take the following three steps:

1) Arrive with a valid NHS COVID Pass. Checks will be made at the turnstile, so please allow extra time.

2) Complete a short online Health Declaration before you attend the match.

3) Do not travel if you feel unwell and/or are displaying symptoms of COVID.

I have not been vaccinated; can I still attend?

Yes, but you will be required to have a negative lateral flow test and obtain a COVID Pass.

What if I am exempt?

If you are medically exempt, we recommend calling 119 to obtain an official COVID Pass (this must be done by 25th December).

This can take a little time, so if you are medically exempt, please alert the steward on arrival.

I have had my first jab, does that count?

No, to be considered fully vaccinated you must have had at least both doses. If you have only had your first one, then you must obtain a negative lateral flow test.

50% of the fans won't be there if "you feel unwell" in mid December, everybody's got the lurgae at this time of year, and not that one from China.  I've got a head cold and feel "unwell" but I'm still going if Spuds come north!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Chelsea are so far past their final warning for failing to control their players that the authorities are just ignoring it entirely.

Surprise surprise Rudiger was heavily involved, bit like our game there in May, when he had his contretemps with D Amartey and others.

He's a headbanger!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Surprise surprise Rudiger was heavily involved, bit like our game there in May, when he had his contretemps with D Amartey and others.

He's a headbanger!!

How have Chelsea got away with that? They're constantly getting involved in shit 

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely we’re days away from another mini break? Record cases among players coming into the busiest part of the season. Cases will spike after every game no doubt as players come into contact with one another who probably have it but at the very earliest stage where it’s not detectable yet. 

Sucks for all involved but IMO would be the sensible thing to do. But I guess money will mean it’s the very last resort. 

We haven't had a mini-break, the season didn't stop last year.