Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I still think Liverpool will win the league. It’s one thing beating Leeds 7-0 but there are plenty of stubborn teams that city will face this season, and their lack of a proper number 9 will haunt them. 

Still can't see past Chelsea myself. Based on the fact that I think Liverpool's relatively small squad will be their undoing. Then as you say, Man City missing a proper goal scorer will probably cause them to drop points they shouldn't drop.

I don't like klopp as a manager but he seems way more genuine than pep. Pep is overrated. It's easier to do what he does than what klopp has done. That's facts. And at least klopp doesn't make these half arsed "compliments" that don't mean anything lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Klopp usually moans about the ref and opposition players going in too hard rather than styles of play.

Pep is a head patter when he wins and a sulker when it comes to opposition style of play when he loses.

Both are awful but in different ways.

Klopp has been unbearable since Liverpool started winning. They were intolerable when they were giving it large but winning fvck all but now they do, he's becoming as worse as Fergie was for Utd in terms of moaning about everything. It's the cost of winning, I guess. I understand several managers are advised to deflect away from players to protect them which is fair, but both Klopp and Pep constantly do this even when it's quite clear it is their own players failing as opposed to anything else. 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Klopp has been unbearable since Liverpool started winning. They were intolerable when they were giving it large but winning fvck all but now they do, he's becoming as worse as Fergie was for Utd in terms of moaning about everything. It's the cost of winning, I guess. I understand several managers are advised to deflect away from players to protect them which is fair, but both Klopp and Pep constantly do this even when it's quite clear it is their own players failing as opposed to anything else. 

Classic case in point was the shameful attack on Hamza to deflect from the Mane dive to win them the game. So clear and obvious what he was up to but the media didn't call him out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There's probably an extent to which we have to begrudgingly admit that a certain amount of that is likely the the parts of their psychology that make them the best, though. And there's no doubting they are two of the absolute best in the world. 

As was Ferguson for a time, as was Mourinho for a time. Its likely not a coincidence that you'd name all of them as absolute pricks (Simeone, there's another one) while guys like Ranieri, Pellegrini, Benitez, etc are universally regarded as gentlemen and never hit the same heights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I still think Liverpool will win the league. It’s one thing beating Leeds 7-0 but there are plenty of stubborn teams that city will face this season, and their lack of a proper number 9 will haunt them. 

But Liverpool not having a proper number 9 won’t? 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

But Liverpool not having a proper number 9 won’t? 

Tbf Salah and Mane will score more than the equivelent players at Man City. Grealish/Foden/Silva won't hit Salah's numbers.

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pundits starting to rave about Gerrard too early for me. He's 6 games in, didn't Shakey win his first 5 or 6 as manager?

He actually does have everything you need in a manager though. A proper leader, good footballing brain and demands the highest standards. 

He’s got that rough edge where players probably wouldn’t push their luck but also probably quite like him. 

I remember listening to the Peter crouch podcast and hearing how as a player, he made everyone step up. His  standards were so high that the excellent becomes expected and not just a moment... sounds like the type of personality that will get the best out of players. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That's a bloody late call. 

Expect many Watford fans are already on their way up or in the process of doing so. 

Assume pre-departing hotel tests are positive

Something like that - certainly positive tests today and now the staff at that hotel have been put at risk. its unacceptable.

• Like 1