Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Well, football is a good example of a social event that matters to people. I wish the government would read the room a bit more - if people were so bothered then why would stadiums be so full? 

• Like 3

To some people football might be all they have over Christmas, it's not the end of the world if I do miss a game but I certainly always feel like I'm missing out when I do.

I feel when they say stuff like this it's pretty irresponsible. 

They may aswell say

"if your club has confirmed the game as a 'category a' game you can go, if its a 'category b' game then don't go. Unless its important to you. In which case you can go, but then don't go to an FA Cup home game if its on TV. Unless its against a big team, in which case be careful, but also go and have fun, unless you can't"

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Result(s) plural

Could be a fixture nightmare, but could it be worth doing a winter break for a week or two to get a grip of the teams outbreaks. Bring in strict rules for teams and attempt to grab this by the neck rather than letting the drips of game's go on

I was saying earlier in the week whilst I believe the virus is real and i'm by no means a conspiracy theorist the cynic in me thinks a few clubs might be using it to their advantage (Cases or not, players isolating jabbed or not, we've ourselves have tried it on trying to buy time because we have an injury pile up), I could see teams 'engineering' a winter break or certainly because of postponements, next year they'll bleat on about 'look how well it worked last year' as to introduce a winter break. Music to Pep and Klopp's ears.

As for getting a grip of the outbreaks, I tend to disagree, the outbreaks are happening within the camps, through training, winter break or not surely they will still be training therefore I struggle to believe it'll help with getting a grip of the situation.

Once again i'll make the point that back to 'Project Restart' there was a lot made about integrity of the game and transparency in the game.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Arsenal's defense looking so good, Tomiyasu really growing as an EPL player. Really gutted we signed Vestergaard instead of him, we were interested in him before Arsenal decided to sign him.

They play in different positions? 

Tomiyasu RB. 

Vestergaard CB. 

We didn't need a RB at the start of the season? At least not in comparison of priority to a CB... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What's happen to the Potter fan club, he was the best thing since slice bread a month ago.

Closing in on 1 win in 12!

the boo boys will be out in force at full time. dropping too many points against mid and bottom half table teams