Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Aguero retires at 33. Great footballer. 

An Argentine legend who took his name from a manga character.  Kun was a legend in my book - a world-class striker well-liked by seemingly every teammate and opponent alike.

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

VAR this season with penalties alone has been way more infuriating than it ever was with offsides imo  some unbelievably disgraceful decisions and in a season where 'they're letting more go' 

Var isn’t giving them though. It’s sticking with the onfield call which is what many wanted. (Less intervention and only correcting absolute howlers). 

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

18 from the under 7's team and Ronaldo then.

I could easily be wrong, but all sources I've read seem to imply that there's only a small number of senior squad players affected, with more staff off, but that their fixture has bee  cancelled due to the decision to close their training ground, which is something we didn't do, with Seagrave remaining open, in spite of the number of cases among our players.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Var isn’t giving them though. It’s sticking with the onfield call which is what many wanted. (Less intervention and only correcting absolute howlers). 

It's been responsible for upholding awful decisions that its supposed to correct and giving terrible decisions like the penalty for Brighton when we played them. It's unbelievable that the worst side of VAR is being ignored. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I could easily be wrong, but all sources I've read seem to imply that there's only a small number of senior squad players affected, with more staff off, but that their fixture has bee  cancelled due to the decision to close their training ground, which is something we didn't do, with Seagrave remaining open, in spite of the number of cases among our players.

Can you tell me how many positive covid cases we had please ?

Rodgers whingeing that Television is forcing the game to go ahead. Well this is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil ! Premier football has not been a sport for a long time just a money making enterprise with everyone's snout in the trough.

20 minutes ago, jerry said:

Rodgers whingeing that Television is forcing the game to go ahead. Well this is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil ! Premier football has not been a sport for a long time just a money making enterprise with everyone's snout in the trough.

I do agree but Rodgers didn't make that decision.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Its only a matter of time before the league is suspended for a couple of weeks at least I reckon. The amount of fixtures is causing the issue because there would be so many games to fit in somewhere. 

I think for once I agree with Thomas Frank. Suspend this weekend and possibly Boxing Day (not ideal I know) and hopefully crack on after that.

Thomas Frank calling for premier league to be cancelled this weekend and the week ahead. Funny thing is when these games are rescheduled later, the managers moan about the limited time playing these games. Just cannot win. I think under the current circumstances if you get your game on if you can play than have fixture pile up. Maybe Thomas just wants a week off for Christmas.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2