Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

As ever been discussed to maybe 48 hours before a game for players to part of a bubble. Where the team and staff just stay together in a hotel and only go there and to hotel and back in that period. Least then this can avoid matches being called off at least minute.

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As ever been discussed to maybe 48 hours before a game for players to part of a bubble. Where the team and staff just stay together in a hotel and only go there and to hotel and back in that period. Least then this can avoid matches being called off at least minute.

Would be perfect for us too, Seagrave having accomodation for first team players to bubble 

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think a lot of them are doing that - that's why the training grounds closing down are such a problem. 

I know for a fact we were virtually doing that with Seagrave around Jan/Feb time earlier this year because we playing games so often and they wanted to cut the travelling down for certain players.  

I found Moyes point about players being exhausting therefore weaker immune systems alongside a schedule making them play every four days very valid. If you play week to week, it can be controlled far better. We were fortunate that our outbreak appears to be centred on a training session with the subs/subbed at Villa. 

Equally we won't be far off a level of herd immunity in the PL at the rate its going - squads which are having the problem now are going to be potentially protected for say two to three months. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think for once I agree with Thomas Frank. Suspend this weekend and possibly Boxing Day (not ideal I know) and hopefully crack on after that.

The only counter argument is the fact that will it be better in 1 or 2 weeks? What if we resume mid-January and then more cancellations happen. Do you start playing 3 games a week?

The alternative is that games continue and get cancelled when a club has issues.

It's a bit like a winter break discussion. You could introduce a winter break from now until mid-Jan but then January and February could be horrific snow and cause cancellations and a fixture pile up when mid December to mid January was fine.

53 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

The problem with that though is that generally over the Xmas period, teams play like 2/3 times a week. It would essentially mean that players don't spend Christmas with their families  

With our current fixtures it would mean our players could see their loved ones tonight and tomorrow, then isolated for the Everton game. Then see family Sunday night and Monday then isolated for Liverpool, see family for a few days then miss Christmas eve and day to isolate for Man City on boxing day.... Thats too much to ask. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

The problem with that though is that generally over the Xmas period, teams play like 2/3 times a week. It would essentially mean that players don't spend Christmas with their families  

With our current fixtures it would mean our players could see their loved ones tonight and tomorrow, then isolated for the Everton game. Then see family Sunday night and Monday then isolated for Liverpool, see family for a few days then miss Christmas eve and day to isolate for Man City on boxing day.... Thats too much to ask. 

Players generally don’t spend an awful lot of Christmas with their families. Christmas Day morning is about it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The only counter argument is the fact that will it be better in 1 or 2 weeks? What if we resume mid-January and then more cancellations happen. Do you start playing 3 games a week?

The alternative is that games continue and get cancelled when a club has issues.

It's a bit like a winter break discussion. You could introduce a winter break from now until mid-Jan but then January and February could be horrific snow and cause cancellations and a fixture pile up when mid December to mid January was fine.

It's not great for them, especially at Christmas, but isolate the players and staff for a couple of weeks. Get over the infections (and some of our injuries!!) and then go again in the new year (probably behind closed doors). With even closer tracking of players and staff regarding their social interactions etc.

Yes, I know they are humans not robots and they need time with family etc. But unless there is something drastic in how this is managed, or they reach herd immunity through a lot of people getting it, and they just play regardless (unless they are affected by the symptoms obviously), we are going to keep having these outbreaks.

So it's two options, isolate or just accept they will get it, and get on with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

This is what they have been doing in Germany.

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wolves fan I work with can’t believe they are that high. He said if there was a team with Wolves defence and Leicester attack, they’d be top 4 easy 

So true, Wolves looking well balanced at the moment, giving top 4 a run for their money

• Haha 1

No player is going to want to stay at the training ground away from their families for Christmas.  If there is a Premier league break no one can guarantee every single player will be sensible and not go out and about.  

If the country isn't in a lockdown then i can't see them locking down the football

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm all for giving the players more time with their families over Christmas for a change. 

They'll probably use it as an excuse for a massive family party and piss up though and come back with more Covid cases than we started with. 

enter stage right Kyle Walker ……….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, erlee said:

Looks like BR is safe as a bank...

image.png.365a8ba1724b9cd97f53840cdedca1fa.png

8-1 is too high for a Watford manager who's already been in the job 2 months.  That's free money.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I'm all for giving the players more time with their families over Christmas for a change. 

They'll probably use it as an excuse for a massive family party and piss up though and come back with more Covid cases than we started with. 

Unfortunately you’re 100% bang on with this 

Edited by Lambert09

Think some managers live in a dream world the idea that give the players a week off to allow cases to go down will change things. Erm... they forget in the real world in Britain were not in lockdown so players will still do there usual stuff parties etc.. come the first training session back some could still pick up something and your back to square one. 

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That free weekend at the end of January will come in hand. They also need to scrap all FA Cup replays so that another 2 midweek spaces are free. Stop football until early Jan and go again. Shuffle the calendar and play 2 games a week most weeks.

Makes sense as they did that last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That free weekend at the end of January will come in hand. They also need to scrap all FA Cup replays so that another 2 midweek spaces are free. Stop football until early Jan and go again. Shuffle the calendar and play 2 games a week most weeks.

Then managers moan about two many games 😆 the only way I think they get cases down is if we have two lockdown. Cause as stands even with players getting time off there still got chances of catching it. Unless they stay at home over the next period... which most wont.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Then managers moan about two many games 😆 the only way I think they get cases down is if we have two lockdown. Cause as stands even with players getting time off there still got chances of catching it. Unless they stay at home over the next period... which most wont.

Is one not going to be enough?