Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

As well as the Man U v Brighton game we know is already off over the w/end, look at all these other teams taking advantage of having injuries

Saturday's postponed EFL matches

Championship

Cardiff City v Derby County

Millwall v Preston

QPR v Swansea City

Reading v Luton Town

League One

Gillingham v Crewe Alexandra

Lincoln City v Doncaster Rovers

Sheffield Wednesday v Accrington Stanley

League Two

Crawley Town v Oldham Athletic

Northampton Town v Barrow

Swindon Town v Walsall

We are going to see a break despite the Premier lge saying games to go ahead if clubs have 14 players including a GK available from the registered list

Edited by BKLFox

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Can they just extend the season slightly because of no world cup?

Given that next season is starting super early because of the World Cup.... I doubt it

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Makes sense to me that games are played if its possible. No need to add a backlog where its not necessary

I suppose having a break, whilst not easing it completely, does give clubs a chance to get their current Covid players back plus properly bring in the new training ground/ matchday protocols. Plus there'd be no crying from whichever club happens to be slightly inconvenienced.

An increasing number of clubs are pushing for a shutdown of the Premier League until the new year in an attempt to deal with the growing coronavirus crisis, sources have told ESPN.

Premier League chiefs have been informed that with rising case numbers being fuelled by the omicron variant, there would be support for suspending games until the weekend of Jan. 8-9, when FA Cup third-round ties are due to take place.

It would mean postponing four rounds of league games, beginning this weekend and continuing through the weekend of Jan. 1-2. Under the proposal, Premier League games would restart on Jan. 15.

While recognising clubs are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks, the Premier League said it was their intention to continue its current fixture schedule where safely possible, adding that the health and wellbeing of all concerned remains their priority.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4549444/premier-league-covid-19-crisis-clubs-push-for-shutdown-until-2022-sources

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Seems hypocritical to make vaccine passports mandatory for fans, but not players and staff.

I think fans sadly only need a negative lateral flow which I assume is the same rule for staff and players?

Edited by Mark_w

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That free weekend at the end of January will come in hand. They also need to scrap all FA Cup replays so that another 2 midweek spaces are free. Stop football until early Jan and go again. Shuffle the calendar and play 2 games a week most weeks.

They should use the FA Cup weekends to play the rescheduled games if both teams have already been knocked out.

• Like 1

This is my view what should happen

Announce friday leagues totally on Hold till January 15th send every player home till January 2nd

Let  them rest but order them to stay home at clubs even monitor them to check there complying with rules or threaten with fines those who start going out and about

Suspend the league cup till the summer like they did with the womens facup this year, use those dates to make up the fixture lost, and suspend third and fourth round replays of the facup as well

Bobs your uncle season finished on time and hopefully we get through this period.

Edited by twister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, twister said:

Announce friday leagues totally on Hold till January 15th send every player home till January 2nd

Let  them rest but order them to stay home at clubs even monitor them to check there complying with rules or threaten with fines those who start going out and about

Suspend the league cup till the summer like they did with the womens facup this year, use those dates to make up the fixture lost, and suspend third and fourth rounds of the facup as well

Bobs your uncle season finished on time and hopefully we get through this period.

So you're putting all professional footballers under a month long lockdown? 

Is that so they'll be able to keep us entertained when we all inevitably go in to a national lockdaown?

Just now, tom27111 said:

So you're putting all professional footballers under a month long lockdown? 

Is that so they'll be able to keep us entertained when we all inevitably go in to a national lockdaown?

I didnt mean that I just meant if they decide to use this break to go out partying or clubbing then clubs should be able to fhold them accountable

I never meant locking down just respect the situation 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twister said:

Suspend the league cup till the summer like they did with the womens facup this year, use those dates to make up the fixture lost, and suspend third and fourth round replays of the facup as well

Covid won’t have just disappeared by January 15th, games may still be getting called off then. 
just carry on and if sides can get a game on then play it. 

Just now, twister said:

I didnt mean that I just meant if they decide to use this break to go out partying or clubbing then clubs should be able to fhold them accountable

I never meant locking down just respect the situation 

Haha fair enough!

I thought you were going all draconian on them!

Would be very hard to police though and possibly illegal. 

At the end of the day, most of them aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Unless something is put in place by the government, it couldn't happen.

Especially at this time of year, taking people away from their families. 

It wouldn't even be viable for them to create a bubble and stay at Seagrave for a couple of weeks.

Just now, tom27111 said:

Haha fair enough!

I thought you were going all draconian on them!

Would be very hard to police though and possibly illegal. 

At the end of the day, most of them aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Unless something is put in place by the government, it couldn't happen.

Especially at this time of year, taking people away from their families. 

It wouldn't even be viable for them to create a bubble and stay at Seagrave for a couple of weeks.

I just meant I dont want to see lads pictured clubbing on the town or something

if its with family of course thats right, I just meant I hope footballers treat the period respectfully thats all

• Like 1

Just now, twister said:

I just meant I dont want to see lads pictured clubbing on the town or something

if its with family of course thats right, I just meant I hope footballers treat the period respectfully thats all

I get what you're saying mate, I don't disagree.

Some of them couldn't help themselves in a national lockdown though.