Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Hope Chelsea's issues puts our challenges in perspective. They'd been missing Kovacic and Kante hugely before they got more players out. 

Rodgers has had to deal with a worse injury situation and a smaller squad.

Not excusing things like the set piece defending but shows the importance of certain players to a team. 

There's no way on Earth Mike Dean doesn't give that penalty at the other end if its a Newcastle defender wiping out a Liverpool attacker.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be pretty livid. Especially considering Maddison's dive at the weekend.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

There's no way on Earth Mike Dean doesn't give that penalty at the other end if its a Newcastle defender wiping out a Liverpool attacker.

If I were a Newcastle fan I'd be pretty livid. Especially considering Maddison's dive at the weekend.

They’ve had at least one (usually two or three) decisions go against them every week since the takeover. Although it’s likely

not the case, it’s easy to see how fans can get dragged into conspiracies! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I know Mike Dean is said to be a Tranmere Rovers fan... but is it right having a referee from nearby Liverpool refereeing a match involving Liverpool.

The same way Andre Marriner is a Villa fan yet still gets to **** us over both on the pitch and in VAR. 

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They should all invest in tinfoil hats 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah because conspiracies are famous for going AGAINST the corrupt mass murdering multi billionaires. 

Jesus fvcking christ. 

That be the ones the Premier League desperately didn’t want to allow to take over Newcastle but were forced to?

Also I did say “not that it’s likely”

Please drop the agenda it’s getting super boring.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Watching Newcastle slide further is great and it looks like what they do in January's window  and how they get on after New Year (if there ain't a lockdown) will be fascinating.

Interesting article on the January transfer window this morning, saying a lot of clubs might be reluctant to release players they were going to due to keeping squad numbers up and available due to the new Covid out break. 

With no improvement in Newcastle's position, it's going to be a hard sell getting players there. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Speaks volumes that we barely even acknowledged Vardy's record that Salah just equalled yet we all know about 11 goals in a row.

It's a shit record, made up for the big 6. 11 goals in a row is outstanding, and it will stand for a while. Also -Mike Dean (and Mike Riley for that matter - all the Mikes) should piss off out of football.

Edited by trabuch

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I wonder if we’ll ever get AI refs. the ones on fifa get most things right 

**** off. They are shit at playing advantage. And they haven't a clue about coming back from offside. But they would still be better than Mike Dean.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm confused as to what you're basing that on...

Their training schedules mean they have very little time at home. They train on Christmas Day and normally have an overnight stay that evening for the Boxing Day game. Then they play 28th or 29th as well and follow a similar pattern. Clubs try to get the players to stay at training grounds now when there is a short period between games - they don’t like the idea of players driving for two hours after they’ve played and then doing the same when they have a recovery session the day after. 

There was an article on Evans a couple of years ago where the Christmas period that he told his family to go Belfast and spend it there because he was going to a spend a week in a hotel. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

That be the ones the Premier League desperately didn’t want to allow to take over Newcastle but were forced to?

Also I did say “not that it’s likely”

Please drop the agenda it’s getting super boring.

1. Wtf are you talking about, the Premier League desperately wanted Saudi investment and is delighted to sell Newcastle to them, it represents a huge cash injection in to their game. They weren't "forced" to approve them, they were desperate to approve them. What they didn't want was the PR hit, which is why it took months of dancing around trying to find the right angle. 

2. The only one with an agenda who's been embarrassing themselves for months since literally the most evil owners of a football club in the country came in is you. This weird Newcastle fetish you've got has turned you in to some sort of strange apologist. If you were Toon it'd make sense but you're allegedly a Leicester fan? Idk.