Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We had a bloke called Tony Harrington doing our game on Wednesday. It was his first PL game ever and he was miles better than the usual self-important tossers we get reffing most weeks. 

And he had to battle through comms problems which undoubtedly would have affected his concentration 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We had a bloke called Tony Harrington doing our game on Wednesday. It was his first PL game ever and he was miles better than the usual self-important tossers we get reffing most weeks. 

Wait til he's been in the league a few years lol

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

1. Wtf are you talking about, the Premier League desperately wanted Saudi investment and is delighted to sell Newcastle to them, it represents a huge cash injection in to their game. They weren't "forced" to approve them, they were desperate to approve them. What they didn't want was the PR hit, which is why it took months of dancing around trying to find the right angle. 

2. The only one with an agenda who's been embarrassing themselves for months since literally the most evil owners of a football club in the country came in is you. This weird Newcastle fetish you've got has turned you in to some sort of strange apologist. If you were Toon it'd make sense but you're allegedly a Leicester fan? Idk. 

1) that’s absolute nonsense, do some research on it all honestly, I’m not having a go but just look into the stuff around the court cases. 

2) I’ve said on plenty of occasions the situation isn’t ideal, but the standards I want every angry person like yourself to adhere to mean that you should never play FIFA or COD again, or get petrol from BP, or shop in any number of the buildings and retail destinations they own, or get an Uber, or use social media…. I just can’t stand hypocrisy on these things. I’ve been honest about the fact I look out for their results and want them to do well; that’s all, the bit that annoys me is suddenly a load of people on here fill up the premier league thread on match days with nonsense about wanting them to crash and burn, as if it’s anything to do with their players or fans. Just a bit weird 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And it became about the fans when they lapped it up instead of walking away. You absolutely would not catch meanywhere near the KP on a match day if the Saudi Arabianroyal family bought LCFC. That's a 100% given promise. 

I’m going to give the rest of your message a swerve because you’ve thrown in a load of unnecessary attacks. But fair play if you actually mean this… I don’t think it’s true for a lot of people who have just used it as an excuse for a new football fan war for the laughs. 

I just don’t want it to descend into some sort of situation where they’re not allowed to question anything or act like any other football fans and moan about decisions, just because they’ve chosen to carry on supporting the club under the new regime. 

One thing I will say though… why has no one questioned the Reuben’s involvement but find it very easy to criticise Saudis… find that.. interesting…

Edited by AjcW

The following types of owners would stop me following the club

- any nation state

- Russian oligarch

- company involved in selling guns or gambling

So, would I be uncomfortable if we had Abramovic (who has links to Putin), Saudi, Chinese state? Yes. I would stop following the club. I do not want my hometown and the team that has represented it for over 100 years to be owned by those kinds of people. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The following types of owners would stop me following the club

- any nation state

- Russian oligarch

- company involved in selling guns or gambling

So, would I be uncomfortable if we had Abramovic (who has links to Putin), Saudi, Chinese state? Yes. I would stop following the club. I do not want my hometown and the team that has represented it for over 100 years to be owned by those kinds of people. 

What about an owner that helps prop up a military dictatorship? Would that be ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You mean bringing up things you've said previously that are unhelpful to you making your point? lol

No I meant “engage your brain” “nutcase” and “plonkers like you”

I believe I was able to put my responses together without resorting to that? lol 

You’ve always been over the top with your reactions, I’ve said your opinion is absolutely fine but I’m also saying I don’t think it should mean fans can’t question dodgy decisions week after week and I should be allowed to do that to whether as a neutral or someone with an affinity to another side. 

Dean was in a terrible position in the 1st place for the TAA goal, then with the run across the ball he could have a baring on how much the keepers sees not full on obstruction but at least takes a little focus off full concentration.

Can’t deny it was a cracking strike mind.

I think we’ve got to accept at this point, that the Premier League is a dick measuring content between Billionaires. 

As fans, all of these owners and I includes ours within that, will have skeletons in the closet. From a public relations matter, some are worse than others no doubt.

However the crux of the matter is that 95% of your average fans purely want to support their team and enjoy the football. They have little interest in where the money comes from. 

On a given day, it’s 11 v 11 on a field and humans fail on a daily basis. That’s why it feels that little bit special, when the likes of ourselves, or even Newport, York etc beat the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea etc as it shouldn’t happen. 

Fans of all clubs want to dream about what we achieved in 15/16. We made that dream more of a reality for some, as we defied the odds and proved it was possible. People simply can’t turn off their emotions to a football club, as football as an addiction and to many, it’s an escape from everyday life. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Funny how Klopp doesn't want games to be cancelled/moved because he would lose his African/South American players for a few of those rescheduled games.

I find it totally bizarre that AFCON is still going ahead. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What about an owner that helps prop up a military dictatorship? Would that be ok?

So, I have genuinely looked into it, as I have a relative in Singapore and an acquaintance in Burma. Of those countries, South Korea and Japan are obviously the most democratised and there are some incredibly draconian laws in Thailand. The military have power and there are protests but they don't seem to need to act as authoritarian as a typical military junta would because of a level of support from the people. 

But it's one of those things I can reconcile. If evidence came out that KP were actively involved in funding things that led to deaths of people (which, I believe there were no deaths directly associated with the military take over) then I would question my support. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/585274/

https://thediplomat.com/2021/09/thailands-constitutional-dictatorship-weathers-the-storm/

Long story short - I am fully aware that money runs football but there's a point at which I'll stop engaging. 

• Like 1

Meeting Monday apparently for the Premier League to discuss plan of action, my guess is now sadly the league will be paused until new years day. With maybe an extra week added to the season, so we could see the season finishing on either first or second week of June. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Pausing seems so stupid to me. Why not play games that can be played. If you pause it for 2, 3, 4 weeks. What happens if cases are still rife in 4 weeks? You're in the same position but you've wasted time when games could be played.

I agree it should be, if you can get a squad together of some sort then play it. I mean I understand the training facilities need to be like cleaned down and such if there is a spread. But surely clubs must have back up venues, I mean train at the clubs stadiums.