Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yup and if we believe in a free society then employers and bars etc should have the choice to refuse entry / employment to those who are unvaxxed. It has to be a 2 way street. 

If you have the right not to be vaxxed and I have the right to not let you into my bar etc. 

Too many double vaccinated people waving covid passes and then mingling.   I am vaxed... but I always take a test before visiting elderly relatives.  I could well be carrying omicron.  Everyone I know who caught delta was double jabbed.... it would be better if all fan's took an lft before attending games.   The pass is worth squat 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Too many double vaccinated people waving covid passes and then mingling.   I am vaxed... but I always take a test before visiting elderly relatives.  I could well be carrying omicron.  Everyone I know who caught delta was double jabbed.... it would be better if all fan's took an lft before attending games.   The pass is worth squat 

On that basis so is being double jabbed then

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yup and if we believe in a free society then employers and bars etc should have the choice to refuse entry / employment to those who are unvaxxed. It has to be a 2 way street. 

If you have the right not to be vaxxed and I have the right to not let you into my bar etc. 

Difficult rights situation to balance because an individual should also expect that their medical information is a private matter.

So whilst I get the point on refusal of entry, why should any individual behave to disclose their medical history to a bouncer in order to have a pint?  

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Difficult rights situation to balance because an individual should also expect that their medical information is a private matter.

So whilst I get the point on refusal of entry, why should any individual behave to disclose their medical history to a bouncer in order to have a pint?  

Depends if you feel the rights of the individual have the right to trump the rights of society at large, this is a slight stretch when portrayed by said bouncer, but the point remains.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

We had a bloke called Tony Harrington doing our game on Wednesday. It was his first PL game ever and he was miles better than the usual self-important tossers we get reffing most weeks. 

They won't be tolerating any of that in this league, they'll be working night and day to coach any skill out of him.

• Like 1

On a lighter note, has anybody yet begun a virtual Newcastle team based on the rumours flying around about who might be tempted to play for the sleeping giants?

Anthony Martial apparently wants away from United and, according to the 'Transfer Window Podcast' (who he ?) "Newcastle United's new owners have been advised to make a move for Martial".

What fading star or rising new talent would you advise them to transfer in had you the ear of Yasir Al-Rumayyan?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Its worth it to.prevrnt serrious symptoms but it wont stop you catching it and or spreading it.... yet double vaxed folk can go to games without being tested 

It can reduce the chances of you catching and spreading it, fully… no, partially, yes. 

31 minutes ago, gerblod said:

On a lighter note, has anybody yet begun a virtual Newcastle team based on the rumours flying around about who might be tempted to play for the sleeping giants?

Anthony Martial apparently wants away from United and, according to the 'Transfer Window Podcast' (who he ?) "Newcastle United's new owners have been advised to make a move for Martial".

What fading star or rising new talent would you advise them to transfer in had you the ear of Yasir Al-Rumayyan?

Ryan Bertrand

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's not their medical history though is it? It's one set of jabs for one illness which is currently wild in the population and kills vulnerable people. 

For me it's an indicator of how much social responsibility and respect for others they have. 

Even survivors don't always get away with it. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59674203

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I still have a very small cough which I haven't been able to get rid of since March 2020 when I was ill for a few days with cold symptoms. 

I have no idea if it was Covid but the idea of lasting symptoms doesn't surprise me in the least. 

I have something similar, a tight chest especially in the morning occasional coughing/sneezing bouts and periodic periods of fatigue.Then there are periods when I feel perfectly ok. I had a PCR test not long after it started and it was negative. I've just ordered some LFTs to have a quick check as these symptoms will not budge.

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

On mandatory vaccination, in my profession I have mandatory vaccination, as do most professions in Australia now.

On any given day I can come into contact with over 500 people and knowing they are all fully vaccinated can only be a good thing.

All AFL players here have mandatory vaccination and as far as I know there are only one or two who have decided not to get vaccinated and not continue there career.

I can’t see any argument against vaccines, we’ve had them in place for many years, if you want to do certain things, or go to certain places you get vaccinated. All footballers should be in the same position - as should anyone who comes into contact with people as part of their job.

This is very confusing though.  If the vaccines actually completely stopped the spread and infection of other people then i could maybe see a pressure on mandatory vaccinations, but myself, my family and many of my friends have contracted covid after being double vaccinated, some of which are asymptomatic.  I have a couple of friends who are unvaccinated who haven't had so much of a sniffle.

How can vaccine passports work, if double/triple/quadrouple jabbed are granted access to an even without testing and an unvaxed (testing negative) is also aloud entry, an asymptomatic jabbed person is going to increse the spread rather than an unvaxed testing negative?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

This is very confusing though.  If the vaccines actually completely stopped the spread and infection of other people then i could maybe see a pressure on mandatory vaccinations, but myself, my family and many of my friends have contracted covid after being double vaccinated, some of which are asymptomatic.  I have a couple of friends who are unvaccinated who haven't had so much of a sniffle.

How can vaccine passports work, if double/triple/quadrouple jabbed are granted access to an even without testing and an unvaxed (testing negative) is also aloud entry, an asymptomatic jabbed person is going to increse the spread rather than an unvaxed testing negative?

The vaccines are not 100% effective, vaccines never are. However, what they do is prevent most people having a severe case of illness and/or dying. The Covid vaccination should prevent most of us requiring hospital treatment and overwhelming the health service if we contract it. 

11 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I don't think you're allowed to question the effectiveness of the vaccine on here without being labelled a selfish idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-january-transfer-budgets-25729175

The amount that each Premier League club will be permitted to spend in the January transfer window based of Financial Fair Play rules has been revealed.

Every Premier League club's budget according to FFP rules
Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-january-transfer-budgets-25729175

The amount that each Premier League club will be permitted to spend in the January transfer window based of Financial Fair Play rules has been revealed.

Every Premier League club's budget according to FFP rules
Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

Where to even start with unfairness of that!

But Burnley seems as good a place as any? lol