Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Burnley spend about £20 each season. Lord knows what they're doing with all the EPL money they're hoarding but their fans really should expect better, given how long they've been in the league now. 

In fairness they're not very bright in Burnley. The education system is in tatters.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-january-transfer-budgets-25729175

The amount that each Premier League club will be permitted to spend in the January transfer window based of Financial Fair Play rules has been revealed.

Every Premier League club's budget according to FFP rules
Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

Haven’t Everton just spent £22m on a new left back?

To be fair to Burnley they’ll need a new stadium and training ground to be able to attract £20m plus players. So as long as they’re saving up for that whilst still staying up it’s not the worst idea! 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Burnley spend about £20 each season. Lord knows what they're doing with all the EPL money they're hoarding but their fans really should expect better, given how long they've been in the league now. 

I'd imagine it's hard to attract players to Burnley though. Aside from Cornet most of the first team are players that weren't playing in the PL or just taken from the football league.

I know they built a new training ground the last year (or year before).

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-january-transfer-budgets-25729175

The amount that each Premier League club will be permitted to spend in the January transfer window based of Financial Fair Play rules has been revealed.

Every Premier League club's budget according to FFP rules
Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

Find that strange as Everton have just spent £20m on a new left back. 

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The vaccines are not 100% effective, vaccines never are. However, what they do is prevent most people having a severe case of illness and/or dying. The Covid vaccination should prevent most of us requiring hospital treatment and overwhelming the health service if we contract it. 

The overwhelming majority of people won't ever be hospitalised or die from it, so essentially they're having the vaccine for the very small possibility that they could. The more this now spreads with the vaccine not preventing it does make it easier for people to come to the conclusion that what's the point. 

I do find it very odd that people are calling for mandatory jabs for sports personnel or have them removed from their club just so that a sporting event won’t be postponed but are totally indignant of care workers being put in the same position whilst caring for our elderly relatives, tiz a strange world we live in.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

If omicron cases don’t mean more hospital visits, then omicron could still mean more NHS staff off work isolating.

Mass gathering will transmit it, it’ll more likely get to NHS staff, NHS suffers, public health suffers.

Ain’t no fans in stadiums at Christmas unless we throw public health under the bus again.

Not sure if we could still get empty stadium football again - the players ignored the rules before anyhow so I’m not sure how we’ll enforce it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

If omicron cases don’t mean more hospital visits, then omicron could still mean more NHS staff off work isolating.

Mass gathering will transmit it, it’ll more likely get to NHS staff, NHS suffers, public health suffers.

Ain’t no fans in stadiums at Christmas unless we throw public health under the bus again.

Not sure if we could still get empty stadium football again - the players ignored the rules before anyhow so I’m not sure how we’ll enforce it.

The financial ruin clubs will be in if there's any postponement of games again for several weeks/months will be obscene. 

At this point it doesn't seem to matter if you're vaccinated or not on players catching covid, its the prohibiting factor that those who aren't vaccinated have to isolate rather than just keep testing, where as the double vaccinated players can crack on. 

• Like 1

We will see in the next week or 2 if anything resembling normal (whatever that is now) life can continue with omicron.

This will be around forever, and as soon as we all can learn to live with it (making adjustments here and there) the better imo. The problem is now though that adherence to any rules - like mask wearing - is becoming so low because those making the rules have lost any sense of authority and credibility.

This is beyond a joke on many levels now.

For starters do they not realise thousands of travelling fans could well be spreading it only for it to be called off at such short notice - the risk of those fans spreading it is by the by, they’re going regardless but what a wasted journey, waste of money and needless risk taken.

Not to mention there’s a massive deal made about cHrIsTmAs FiXtUrE pIlE uP!!! The cynic in me thinks clubs are doing this is enforce their own winter break, not to mention buying them time for players to get over injuries like we have, however surely they realise they’re just making this worse for later in the season.

I saw an interview with KDH this morning, he spoke very well and seems quite an intelligent lad - surprising from a footballer. 

He spoke about all players doing the upmost to stay safe, clean and avoid the virus as much as possible, taking themselves away from the chance of catching it as much as they can.

They questionably aren’t.

I mean even if you try your hardest, I understand you can still catch it but I along with many other normal, every day folk have gone to big events, football crowds itself, gigs, pubs, work, shopping centres for your Christmas shopping, busy trains, it was gross on the train to Villa the other week, etc, we’ve seemingly avoided it, so far. (Thankfully)

The infection rate is rising - because more people are testing, I understand that, what I don’t understand is why it’s become such a big thing within football squads, all at the same time.

Edited by Matt