Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
56 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really can't understand why some here want Leicester to buy other ELP flops/deadwood, Brendan's got enough on his plate getting the current team organized does he need another project like Dele who is considered on Spurs forum as lazy and has been rubbish or 4 years

This week you were advocating signing Kabak?

Are you a parody account?

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

But I don't have much faith in the ones that have been bought under Brendan from other EPL clubs..... Bennett, Perez, Bertrand, Vestergaard and Lookman (ex Everton)

We didn't buy Bennett or Lookman. 

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

But I don't have much faith in the ones that have been bought under Brendan from other EPL clubs..... Bennett, Perez, Bertrand, Vestergaard and Lookman (ex Everton)

I don't think the term "deadwood" or "flop" really applies to any of them. 

Bennett and Lookman were loans and the latter wasn't from a EPL team. Perez and Vestegaard were considered important first team players at Newcastle and Southampton and Bertrand was a free transfer so wasn't bought at all. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really can't understand why some here want Leicester to buy other ELP flops/deadwood, Brendan's got enough on his plate getting the current team organized does he need another project like Dele who is considered on Spurs forum as lazy and has been rubbish or 4 years

Wrong thread? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

But the point i'm making is footballers in their ivory towers don't have the same lifestyles or mixing of the public, Ok, cases are going through the roof (because more people are testing) but there still a majority of the public going about their normal life and managing to avoid it.

I'm not conspiracy theorist or skeptic, I believe the virus is real, I have to question how and why it's ripping through football and different football clubs all coincidentally at the same time.

Someone else mentioned last night, its amazing how the lower league, even non-league clubs can get games on.

It's not just down to more people testing.

Many here in the US do not even test until they experience symptoms. The Omicron variant is simply more contagious

2 hours ago, Matt said:

But the point i'm making is footballers in their ivory towers don't have the same lifestyles or mixing of the public, Ok, cases are going through the roof (because more people are testing) but there still a majority of the public going about their normal life and managing to avoid it.

I'm not conspiracy theorist or skeptic, I believe the virus is real, I have to question how and why it's ripping through football and different football clubs all coincidentally at the same time.

Someone else mentioned last night, its amazing how the lower league, even non-league clubs can get games on.

There are 14 games of in League 1 and League 2.........

39 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

In fairness to Perez, he’s performed far, far better than the other players on that list; and doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same list as them. 

• Like 3

I don't understand why all PL players aren't jabbed to the booster already. The clubs all have lots of highly quilified medical staff to inform them of the data and details. 

The other thing I don't understand is that once the Omicron was known as highly infectious (more than Delta) I don't get why the PL/EFL and individual clubs didn't immediately have protocols to set out the state of play going forward. It was two weeks ago I watched somebody explain that this was going to explode and the then low level Omicron numbers was deceptive. Now I obviously can't trust our inept joke of a government to act on that but I would have thought clubs and the PL/EFL to do something as it will obviously hurt them financially.  

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

But still not worth 30m

Swings and roundabouts, Vardy wasn’t worth £1m. It should been many more. 

Our recruitment on the whole has been good, although more worrying, it’s started to underwhelm more recently. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Thought Leeds issue was injuries and not COVID so they can’t call it off anyway? 

We did.

"Since then we’ve picked up a couple of injuries as well, which are maybe not strictly from Covid, but they are certainly Covid-related because they're picking up injuries because we can’t rotate the squad.

"It's a really challenging time for us but whatever team we put out, we'll always put one out to do our very best.

“For the integrity of the competition, I think it’s important (that games can be postponed once a threshold of injuries/Covid cases has been reached). There will have been games called off with more players available than what we have. I would be pretty confident that would be the case.

Brendan Rodgers.

The cynic in me says many other clubs have aswell or will do.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not privvy to how it all works, i'm of the understanding many clubs have requested their games cancelled so on that basis no :dunno: 

Ah suppose possibly not actually Covid, but interesting question what happens if a team does have cases but tries to get a game on?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A lot of their absences are injuries, not COVID.

You could argue the same for us.

"Since then we’ve picked up a couple of injuries as well, which are maybe not strictly from Covid, but they are certainly Covid-related because they're picking up injuries because we can’t rotate the squad.

"It's a really challenging time for us but whatever team we put out, we'll always put one out to do our very best.

“For the integrity of the competition, I think it’s important (that games can be postponed once a threshold of injuries/Covid cases has been reached). There will have been games called off with more players available than what we have. I would be pretty confident that would be the case.

Brendan Rodgers.

Edited by Matt