Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

They're not entitled and remember they were in League One only a few years ago.

Credit to them. :unsure: 

I don’t think it's being entitled.  City fans have always been quick to criticise. In fact, I'd go as far to say we must be amongst the most impatient and whiny in the league. Always have been. 

I don't  agree with it, but insane blind faith / blind optimism a la forest or Leeds can be equally (more?) damaging

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, copunk said:

How has Xhaka not seen red there!!!!!! 

No different to Perez against West Ham 

Clearest red card seen this season the inconsistent use of VAR and pitch side monitor use is ridiculous really think these officials make their own rules up each game or they’ve either had a few too many mulled wines at half time !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Regarding the ‘Leeds man marking’ ethos, l thought was for kids at grass roots level ? 
Not that I’m advocating our ‘zonal’ non-marking ethos ! 
Bielsa is obviously struggling at this level either way. Surely his job is on the line. 

At this level last season he had them finish 9th. So how exactly is he obviously struggling at this level? Or maybe it's something else going on.  

I don't get the Bielsa hate tbh. He doesn't make these commentators or other managers praise him. He has had Leeds playig some really nice football. He seems like an interesting, slightly eccentric chap that lives football. 

Leeds are in desperate need for defensive stability and we're crying out for a RW and a Brazilian. 

I think the only logical move is we give them a couple of defenders with recent experience surviving relegation and they give us Raphinha in exchange. 

• Like 4

Many things about the game grind my gears, but one is - why does the ref spend 30-60 seconds walking the edge of the box going to each player ostensibly saying "follow the rules or you'll be caught"?  It's the same thing on corners when the ref stops play to go talk to a pair of players locking up.  Like - what is he saying?  "Hey - now watch it, if you commit a foul I'll call it!" Why does this happen?  Why do players get or deserve preemptive warnings in certain situations?  

Let the game happen, and if players commit an infraction or foul, call it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Leeds are in desperate need for defensive stability and we're crying out for a RW and a Brazilian. 

I think the only logical move is we give them a couple of defenders with recent experience surviving relegation and they give us Raphinha in exchange. 

Would be a dream signing. 

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Can’t see Barcelona and their egotistical board signing anyone from leeds, and liverpool have mane, firmino, origi, salah, jota already…:dunno:

Can see at least one of those going. If a stupidly big bid comes in for Mane, he'll go. Origi I can't see having much value. Plus there's Salah's contract situation. Can see them potentially doing another Coutinho. 

23 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

At this level last season he had them finish 9th. So how exactly is he obviously struggling at this level? Or maybe it's something else going on.  

I don't get the Bielsa hate tbh. He doesn't make these commentators or other managers praise him. He has had Leeds playig some really nice football. He seems like an interesting, slightly eccentric chap that lives football. 

Ok. He has no plan B. Been found out this season. I don't 'hate' Bielsa (who does, strange word to use tbh). 

I'm sure he's a fantastic fella. 

Oh, and the media create their own narrative & managers would never disrespect a fellow manager openly. 

19 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

can we make players going to ground holding their faces after not being touched in the face a red card and VARable?

Please yes , but expand that to feigning injury full stop. Don’t get me started on spitting , even managers do it . 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Ok. He has no plan B. Been found out this season. I don't 'hate' Bielsa (who does, strange word to use tbh). 

I'm sure he's a fantastic fella. 

Oh, and the media create their own narrative & managers would never disrespect a fellow manager openly. 

This isn't news to anybody who knows the international game well, his ground-breaking Chile team were the same.

• Like 2