Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

A bit like those who thought we'd be in serious trouble and in danger of relegation. 

As an aside, well done to us. Still won't stop us having games called off because of other teams players. One of the reasons I love our "no dickheads" policy when we sign players. 

That is impressive :appl: Should we really have to be praising them though? It ought to be the norm for all clubs. 

Are you listening LCFC? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

A bit like those who thought we'd be in serious trouble and in danger of relegation. 

As an aside, well done to us. Still won't stop us having games called off because of other teams players. One of the reasons I love our "no dickheads" policy when we sign players. 

If clubs like wolves and liverpool are ‘fully jabbed’ then there must be quite a few clubs with v low return ….

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

That is impressive :appl: Should we really have to be praising them though? It ought to be the norm for all clubs. 

Are you listening LCFC? 

Why should it? Before you come back at me, I am triple jabbed. But if people don’t want this vaccine why should they take it? 

• Like 1

It will benefit them both directly through protection against severe illness and indirectly by protecting others. Loved ones and the rest of the community. It will help bring a swifter end to this pandemic and the mental physical and economic damage it continues to inflict. 
football analogy - manure. You can have all the stars you want but it doesn’t guarantee silverware. It’s a team game. 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why should it? Before you come back at me, I am triple jabbed. But if people don’t want this vaccine why should they take it? 

Getting vaccinated could save your life. COVID-19 vaccines provide strong protection against serious illness, hospitalization and death. There is also some evidence that being vaccinated will make it less likely that you will pass the virus on to others, which means your decision to get the vaccine also protects those around you. 

Even after getting vaccinated, keep taking precautions to protect yourself, family, friends and anyone else you may come into contact with. COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective, but some people will still get ill from COVID-19 after vaccination. There is also still a chance that you could also pass the virus on to others who are not vaccinated. Stay at least 1 metre away from other people, wear a properly fitted mask over your nose and mouth when you can’t keep this distance, avoid poorly ventilated places and settings, clean your hands frequently, stay home if unwell and get tested, and stay informed about how much virus is circulating in the areas where you travel, live and work.

They shouldn’t, you’re right people have the right not to take it even if I think they are idiots and irresponsible.They should however do some basic research and read for example what the WHO says, (extract above).

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Good post. Things like this should always be a personal decision. It is entirely up to the individual. Otherwise we tread a dangerous path. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Good post. Things like this should always be a personal decision. It is entirely up to the individual. Otherwise we tread a dangerous path. 

I think where things just affect the individual, it is a choice that should just be left up to the individual. There is a bigger argument to not where a front seat seat belt, than not have the vaccine.

If you went to a friend's for dinner, and before preparing your food, they went to the toilet and didn't wash their hands (because its a personal choice and they don't believe in the science) would you be happy with that?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

You could say this about lots of things.

Why should people wear a seatbelt? A vaccine protects other people’s health more than wearing a seatbelt does, but you should still do it.

It does depend on your profession too I’d argue. If you’re on a Premier League footballer’s wage the least you should do is ensure you do your best to be available for Premier League football.

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

No issues (although it’s not for me personally)  with this outlook as long as said abstainers accept there may be limits on accessibility to services/locations.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

In respect of footballers I think it should be compulsory, the very nature of their job means an awful lot of close contact, so for their safety it makes sense, also, if us fans have to be vaccinated to go and watch them should they not have the decency to do the same ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

I think where things just affect the individual, it is a choice that should just be left up to the individual. There is a bigger argument to not where a front seat seat belt, than not have the vaccine.

If you went to a friend's for dinner, and before preparing your food, they went to the toilet and didn't wash their hands (because its a personal choice and they don't believe in the science) would you be happy with that?

Slippery slope you’re on there. I live on a farm. So I come in to contact daily with a lot of things city denizens might feel uncomfortable with. Whatever your argument is, I believe in personal freedom. Yours and mine. I don’t see your analogy as all that apt when discussing having an experimental drug injected in to you, but I would never stop anyone making that choice. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mad biker said:

In respect of footballers I think it should be compulsory, the very nature of their job means an awful lot of close contact, so for their safety it makes sense, also, if us fans have to be vaccinated to go and watch them should they not have the decency to do the same ?

But you don’t have to be vaccinated to go? 

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No issues (although it’s not for me personally)  with this outlook as long as said abstainers accept there may be limits on accessibility to services/locations.  

Fully agree with this. If they choose not to have it, no problem. But don’t start moaning that you can’t do things because you’ve made this choice. 

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You could say this about lots of things.

Why should people wear a seatbelt? A vaccine protects other people’s health more than wearing a seatbelt does, but you should still do it.

It does depend on your profession too I’d argue. If you’re on a Premier League footballer’s wage the least you should do is ensure you do your best to be available for Premier League football.

Just because they’re a footballer and have lots of money shouldn’t mean this at all. At the end of the day it’s their choice, they’re just as human as me and you. It’s also against the law to not wear a seatbelt. It’s not against the law to refuse a vaccination. 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fully agree with this. If they choose not to have it, no problem. But don’t start moaning that you can’t do things because you’ve made this choice. 

Just because they’re a footballer and have lots of money shouldn’t mean this at all. At the end of the day it’s their choice, they’re just as human as me and you. It’s also against the law to not wear a seatbelt. It’s not against the law to refuse a vaccination. 

…but if it stops you doing the job you’re paid for. The law argument is also why people are arguing it should be law but obviously I think everyone would rather it didn’t come to that.

I do/did have a sympathy with elite sportsmen and women who are constantly warned about putting stuff in their bodies from an early age, even if it’s medicine most of us take for granted. But the vaccine has been around for ages now and, as far as we can tell, there’s not been loads of people failing drugs tests as a result.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

If you are paying a footballer 100K a week and he's not double vaccinated, or not had the booster, you'd be pretty p***ed off if has Covid and can't play for several weeks or maybe months in some cases.  Look at Kimmich battling lung problems at Bayern because he didn't have the vaccine, are they going to keep paying his wages if it continues for several months?

• Like 3

Footballers dont want to get the vaccines for covid for future health reasons but are fine to have cortisone injections  to mask pain enabling them to play games???

Yeah THATs really good for them long term!!

(And I'm speaking of someone with experience  of having a cortisone injection,  carrying on exercising and getting a full rotator cuff tear which means I cant utilise my shoulder fully for the rest of my life)

• Like 3