Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

If you are paying a footballer 100K a week and he's not double vaccinated, or not had the booster, you'd be pretty p***ed off if has Covid and can't play for several weeks or maybe months in some cases.  Look at Kimmich battling lung problems at Bayern because he didn't have the vaccine, are they going to keep paying his wages if it continues for several months?

Football clubs fortunately have medical insurance in place for long term injuries and this kind of thing. It’s not as simple as the club continuing to pay the player his full wage. That is unless medical insurance companies stipulate that they won’t pay out for covid issues unless the player is fully vaccinated, which wouldn’t be that far fetched

16 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

can we make players going to ground holding their faces after not being touched in the face a red card and VARable?

They should certainly be moved off the pitch for 15minutes medical observation - just in case they've received a serious injury.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Slippery slope you’re on there. I live on a farm. So I come in to contact daily with a lot of things city denizens might feel uncomfortable with. Whatever your argument is, I believe in personal freedom. Yours and mine. I don’t see your analogy as all that apt when discussing having an experimental drug injected in to you, but I would never stop anyone making that choice. 

If my choice effects you, I should consider that. Its not an experimental drug. It has been through as rigorous testing as any other drug. Its delivery to people was speeded up as non-medical administrative hurdles, were removed, due to urgency.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just because they’re a footballer and have lots of money shouldn’t mean this at all. At the end of the day it’s their choice, they’re just as human as me and you. It’s also against the law to not wear a seatbelt. It’s not against the law to refuse a vaccination. 

Is law the baseline for morality in your opinion?

• Like 3

Unvaccinated footballers should be very concerned about their careers. How many matches are they going to miss due to self isolation and more likely contracting covid (with all the long covid complications that are possible)? They're unlikely to get a lucrative transfer as other clubs won't take them on. Lookman's chances of a contract extention are diminishing. Iheanacho and Amartey's International careers will be going down the pan if they don't get game time. Probably never hear of Perez or Vestergaard again. 

For the people refusing to have vaccines I always wonder what other medical interventions they have refused or will refuse in the future:

Tetanus jab, MMR, blood transfusion, chemotherapy, paracetamol, cough syrup?? etc.  None are completely without risk and have potential side effects. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Fully agree with this. If they choose not to have it, no problem. But don’t start moaning that you can’t do things because you’ve made this choice. 

Just because they’re a footballer and have lots of money shouldn’t mean this at all. At the end of the day it’s their choice, they’re just as human as me and you. It’s also against the law to not wear a seatbelt. It’s not against the law to refuse a vaccination. 

So if they bring in a law that says everyone must get vaccinated, you will support that? Because its the law?

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm with Klopp all the way on this. Why do the English think they're so f***ing special and not get vaccinated?

It's a dangerous mix of stupidity and selfishness and it needs calling out more. Who cares if it hurts their feelings? 

It's not an English thing. Klopps Germany are way behind our vaccination rates.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

So if they bring in a law that says everyone must get vaccinated, you will support that? Because its the law?

Millions of pubs never used to let me in because I wore trainers. You can’t play bowing without the correct shoes. It’s not quite the big fight I think some people think it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

It’s about 35%. The 90% was said by doctor Hillary on Lorraine about a week ago. 

So the difference is between hospital and ICU admissions (which is 90%). The point is that unvaccinated patients are overwhelmingly the worst cases and most deaths. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

A qn for you. Why did you get triple vaccinated if that’s not to personal. Might help answer your own qns?

This aimed at me? Basically to protect my son who has a quite serious kidney condition. If I was to contract it and pass it on to him through my negligence he would be in serious trouble and that’s not a risk or chance I’m willing to take. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

If you are paying a footballer 100K a week and he's not double vaccinated, or not had the booster, you'd be pretty p***ed off if has Covid and can't play for several weeks or maybe months in some cases.  Look at Kimmich battling lung problems at Bayern because he didn't have the vaccine, are they going to keep paying his wages if it continues for several months?

Often hear the line that they're young, fit and healthy and likely to get a mild illness. Probably true but you also have a career, at least in part, dependent on your aerobic capacity. You have so much to lose if you get lung problems as per Kimmich.

Just now, Bert said:

This aimed at me? Basically to protect my son who has a quite serious kidney condition. If I was to contract it and pass it on to him through my negligence he would be in serious trouble and that’s not a risk or chance I’m willing to take. 

This is why everyone should be convinced to get it though. I don't personally know anybody like your son. But I get vaccinated for the vulnerable people I don't know and will likely never meet (or could be sitting next to at the football, on a train, in the pub...).

• Like 2