Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Mods: can you let me know when this topic gets back to football. I come on this forum to get away from all the covid-this and covid-that.

Nearly 2 years now. Tedious.

This is the major story in football at the moment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, justifying vaccine avoidance with liberty is madness.

Having a jab that has had no due diligence as to long term affect on immunity systems and one that this government has wavered your right to sue the makers if it all goes wrong is madness. Let that sink in before you lambast others who have the perfect and legal right to decline to have anything injected into their body they do not want to. You really need to think before you post a discredited governments propaganda.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Unvaccinated footballers should be very concerned about their careers. How many matches are they going to miss due to self isolation and more likely contracting covid (with all the long covid complications that are possible)? They're unlikely to get a lucrative transfer as other clubs won't take them on. Lookman's chances of a contract extention are diminishing. Iheanacho and Amartey's International careers will be going down the pan if they don't get game time. Probably never hear of Perez or Vestergaard again

I think you've undermined your argument there...

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

This aimed at me? Basically to protect my son who has a quite serious kidney condition. If I was to contract it and pass it on to him through my negligence he would be in serious trouble and that’s not a risk or chance I’m willing to take. 

But you're ok with others being willing to risk putting your son (and many others) at risk?

Edited by Buce

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Having a jab that has had no due diligence as to long term affect on immunity systems and one that this government has wavered your right to sue the makers if it all goes is madness. Let that sink in before you lambast others who have the perfect and legal right to decline to have anything injected into their body they do not want to.

You have every right to think of yourself before others of course, I never disputed that, just don’t act like a revolutionary while doing so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

in what way was my post "revolutionary"?  What on earth are you talking about?

You went off a pseudo political rant, of course their is limited due diligence, it’s a vaccine for a pandemic ffs. What  are you expecting? 20 years of evidence lol

Edit: oops, how did this end up in the Premier League thread!

Edited by Dahnsouff

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is why everyone should be convinced to get it though. I don't personally know anybody like your son. But I get vaccinated for the vulnerable people I don't know and will likely never meet (or could be sitting next to at the football, on a train, in the pub...).

Totally agree. This is one ethos these anti-vaxers don’t think about, or probably care about. Totally selfish. 
l know a fella who refused to be vaccinated because ‘nobody knows what’s in it’………..he smokes 30 a day & has a lung condition due to nicotine. You couldn’t make it up. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

16 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Mods: can you let me know when this topic gets back to football. I come on this forum to get away from all the covid-this and covid-that.

Nearly 2 years now. Tedious.

And while you're at it, Mods, can you solve the COVID crisis anyway?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Having a jab that has had no due diligence as to long term affect on immunity systems and one that this government has wavered your right to sue the makers if it all goes wrong is madness. Let that sink in before you lambast others who have the perfect and legal right to decline to have anything injected into their body they do not want to. You really need to think before you post a discredited governments propaganda.

It’s should be everyone’s own choice whether to be vaccinated. 
My choice was to get it done. 
If someone chooses not to get it done, they are very silly. They must make some very stupid life choices, and they must be wired up differently to me.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12499805/coronavirus-chelsea-have-request-to-postpone-wolves-game-rejected-by-premier-league

Coronavirus: Chelsea have request to postpone Wolves game rejected by Premier League

Chelsea have had a request to postpone their game against Wolves on Sunday rejected by the Premier League. 

The application was made on Saturday evening and turned down on Sunday morning ahead of the 2pm kick-off at Molineux.

Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi and the injured Ben Chilwell all tested positive for coronavirus ahead of the Blues' 1-1 home draw against Everton in the league on Thursday.

It is understood there has been one further positive case overnight.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We are deeply disappointed that our application was rejected as we felt we had a strong case for the postponement of today's match on the grounds of players' health and safety."

Hi Bert

sorry I forgot to tick the quote box. Yes I’m the same. My partner has MS with monthly transfusions and my parents both vulnerable. I am all for personal freedoms but there is a trade off with society and community protection. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding around this subject exacerbated in this world of misinformation. 

back to football I’m a bit worried that the arse seem to be getting their sh.t together. 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12499805/coronavirus-chelsea-have-request-to-postpone-wolves-game-rejected-by-premier-league

Coronavirus: Chelsea have request to postpone Wolves game rejected by Premier League

Chelsea have had a request to postpone their game against Wolves on Sunday rejected by the Premier League. 

The application was made on Saturday evening and turned down on Sunday morning ahead of the 2pm kick-off at Molineux.

Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi and the injured Ben Chilwell all tested positive for coronavirus ahead of the Blues' 1-1 home draw against Everton in the league on Thursday.

It is understood there has been one further positive case overnight.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We are deeply disappointed that our application was rejected as we felt we had a strong case for the postponement of today's match on the grounds of players' health and safety."

it does beg the question what the criteria is to have a game postponed. We had similar before our Spurs game.

Initial cases, request denied, new case(s), game off...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You went off a pseudo political rant, of course their is limited due diligence, it’s a vaccine for a pandemic ffs. What  are you expecting? 20 years of evidence lol

Edit: oops, how did this end up in the Premier League thread!

Ah I see using the word rant in an attempt to discredit someone else's point of view very predictable. By the way the so-called vaccine has had no due diligence hence the governments wavering your right to sue if it goes wrong. Check the form before you jab. I really don't mind you differing from my points , but please try to keep it civil and factual.

It’s such a hard subject and of course, if I’m being serious, it’s clearly not black and white. As I see it personally. I feel a duty to be vaccinated to protect vulnerable people around me and in the wider community. For this reason I’m quite disappointed in a lot of anti vax folk and I do think many of them are a little selfish. Of course there may be valid arguments for not getting the jab and I would not want to enshrine it in law but I can’t see too much of an issue in saying some of the things you might want to do will be restricted if you haven’t been jabbed. I’m not saying arrest people or force them to be jabbed but things like attending mass events, etc. This seems to be a fair deal to me. It’s hardly a basic human right to go watch a football match. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The perceived spike in heart and chest problems recently amongst footballers may well be concerning some in to not wanting it. The issue is that's likely to just be as much from the side effects of playing elite sport very soon after catching covid as it is from the vaccine and doing the same, but there may be an element in this.

We shouldn't simply dismiss those fears though, it's personal and the same could be said for any of us who would think twice about travelling by helicopter because of what happened to Vichai. People's attitudes change to personal circumstances when science and stats can be recited to try and change their mind. You have to ask yourself from compassion if their voice should be heard if it doesn't fit what you want it to be.

I've known 3 people have a stroke that has been quite likely (the medical prognosis) from the vaccine. Has that bothered me? Yes it has. I'm double vaccinated but had some quite nasty side effects to the 2nd jab and I'll be honest I'm not a penalty kick, no brainer on the booster but I think all things considered I probably shall have it and funnily enough it's not my long term health that will sway me. I actually don't want to be needed to look after my kids and not be able to if I catch covid, even though I know I was written off and couldn't look after them after the 2nd jab. But I still have this fear of being bed bound off covid and it be a nightmare but I respect people's decision on body autonomy and I hate what this whole pandemic is doing to us.

I was thinking just this the other day…. The sheer amount of “medical emergencies” in the crowd, have got to be attributed to Covid or the vaccine….. theres no way they’re suddenly having all of these issues after they were relatively rare before?

Eriksen and Aguero (the latter not as serious) surely that’s mother example? It’s not a coincidence to me….  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It’s should be everyone’s own choice whether to be vaccinated. 
My choice was to get it done. 
If someone chooses not to get it done, they are very silly. They must make some very stupid life choices, and they must be wired up differently to me.

Care to explain why they are " very silly " I would suggest having something put into your body without you even knowing of the long term consequences is pretty silly. Blind faith is exactly what it is silly. 

• Sad 1