Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Care to explain why they are " very silly " I would suggest having something put into your body without you even knowing of the long term consequences is pretty silly. Blind faith is exactly what it is silly. 

I think my argument would be that people don’t do the same due diligence with other things they put into their body (vaping is an easy example). But suddenly with covid everyone’s a medical expert. Look I think if someone genuinely chooses not to have it then of course that’s their right. But I’m not a scientist or a doctor or even very bright so there are instances where you have to take the advice of people more qualified that yourself and, for that reason, the vaccine to me seems the best option. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I was thinking just this the other day…. The sheer amount of “medical emergencies” in the crowd, have got to be attributed to Covid or the vaccine….. theres no way they’re suddenly having all of these issues after they were relatively rare before?

Eriksen and Aguero (the latter not as serious) surely that’s mother example? It’s not a coincidence to me….  

I think one of the issues is playing elite sport so quickly after having covid. Not enough is known about the optimum recovery to prevent such issues. That's probably just as much at play as any complications from the vaccine.

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

I think my argument would be that people don’t do the same due diligence with other things they put into their body (vaping is an easy example). But suddenly with covid everyone’s a medical expert. Look I think if someone genuinely chooses not to have it then of course that’s their right. But I’m not a scientist or a doctor or even very bright so there are instances where you have to take the advice of people more qualified that yourself and, for that reason, the vaccine to me seems the best option. 

Absolutely. I am not anti vaccination. It's just that I think we are on a very dangerous path when any government can resort to threats , coercion, social exclusion and erosion of personal freedom such as what goes into our bodies. These are the facts . Being double jabbed or even a booster does not stop you getting the virus or passing it on exactly the same as someone who chose not to have a vaccination. I have a choice. It may not be the right choice but I will fight all the way to stop anyone who tries to deny me that choice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12499805/coronavirus-chelsea-have-request-to-postpone-wolves-game-rejected-by-premier-league

Coronavirus: Chelsea have request to postpone Wolves game rejected by Premier League

Chelsea have had a request to postpone their game against Wolves on Sunday rejected by the Premier League. 

The application was made on Saturday evening and turned down on Sunday morning ahead of the 2pm kick-off at Molineux.

Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi and the injured Ben Chilwell all tested positive for coronavirus ahead of the Blues' 1-1 home draw against Everton in the league on Thursday.

It is understood there has been one further positive case overnight.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We are deeply disappointed that our application was rejected as we felt we had a strong case for the postponement of today's match on the grounds of players' health and safety."

It's quite mad that the decision still seems subjective and doesn't have a definitive number of cases as a cut-off.

• Like 1

I wonder where the main covid vaccines fare by now in a league table of most scrutinised by medical and scientific experts (not Facebook or WhatsApp cranks). Pretty high I’d reckon. No treatment is entirely safe or without side effects as detailed in the disclaimers but most legitimate reports are that they are minimal in the groups that are targeted. Any claims of negligence are likely to be in their application not their authorisation I would imagine. 

7 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Care to explain why they are " very silly " I would suggest having something put into your body without you even knowing of the long term consequences is pretty silly. Blind faith is exactly what it is silly. 

Because the vaccines have been extensively tested. These vaccines are not the kind of medicine to have severe long term consequences. They are not that kind of drug. They are targeted vaccines.

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Absolutely. I am not anti vaccination. It's just that I think we are on a very dangerous path when any government can resort to threats , coercion, social exclusion and erosion of personal freedom such as what goes into our bodies. These are the facts . Being double jabbed or even a booster does not stop you getting the virus or passing it on exactly the same as someone who chose not to have a vaccination. I have a choice. It may not be the right choice but I will fight all the way to stop anyone who tries to deny me that choice.

Quite frankly the more dangerous path is when a prominent anti vaxer can exhort people to violence

Piers Corbyn arrested over video calling for arson

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Because the vaccines have been extensively tested. These vaccines are not the kind of medicine to have severe long term consequences. They are not that kind of drug. They are targeted vaccines.

Ok can you back up your statement with some actual written evidence of your claims? Anyone with a modicum of sense knows it takes years of testing to guarantee no side effects. We all know this vaccine was rushed out and as I said earlier the government wavered your right to sue the makers if it turns out to have long term adverse effects. So yes i would be very interested to know where you got your information? 

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think I agree in the main. I’m obviously a huge believer in freedom and personal choice. But this is a once in a lifetime situation and hence obviously difficult thing to navigate and can’t see too much of a problem with small personal liberties being taken away in the short term. 

21 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ah I see using the word rant in an attempt to discredit someone else's point of view very predictable. By the way the so-called vaccine has had no due diligence hence the governments wavering your right to sue if it goes wrong. Check the form before you jab. I really don't mind you differing from my points , but please try to keep it civil and factual.

As pointed out, my frustrations were from the previous post

1 minute ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Quite frankly the more dangerous path is when a prominent anti vaxer can exhort people to violence

Piers Corbyn arrested over video calling for arson

you are talking about an individual which has nothing to do with the general debate. Reading some of the comments on here in regards to those who choose not to vaccinate is pretty awful too.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm with Klopp all the way on this. Why do the English think they're so f***ing special and not get vaccinated?

It's a dangerous mix of stupidity and selfishness and it needs calling out more. Who cares if it hurts their feelings? 

Re: The game/footballers; Is it really the english though? I'm led to believe the uptake for vaccine is low amongst footballers in general I don't see how you can specifically pin it on the english or those from abroad, I think the question should be, Why do footballers think they're so ****ing special and not get vaccinated.

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12499805/coronavirus-chelsea-have-request-to-postpone-wolves-game-rejected-by-premier-league

Coronavirus: Chelsea have request to postpone Wolves game rejected by Premier League

Chelsea have had a request to postpone their game against Wolves on Sunday rejected by the Premier League. 

The application was made on Saturday evening and turned down on Sunday morning ahead of the 2pm kick-off at Molineux.

Romelu Lukaku, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi and the injured Ben Chilwell all tested positive for coronavirus ahead of the Blues' 1-1 home draw against Everton in the league on Thursday.

It is understood there has been one further positive case overnight.

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We are deeply disappointed that our application was rejected as we felt we had a strong case for the postponement of today's match on the grounds of players' health and safety."

This is where you question the discrepancies and integrity of the game.

It's either you don't cancel any game and dig into your reserves which would be my preference or you cancel them all.

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think I agree in the main. I’m obviously a huge believer in freedom and personal choice. But this is a once in a lifetime situation and hence obviously difficult thing to navigate and can’t see too much of a problem with small personal liberties being taken away in the short term. 

Yes I agree with you Rumble but my great fear is those liberties being taken away long term by current Covid legislation. Once they change the law to curb your freedom you can bet it will not get reversed again. Although I agree this pandemic is very serious your personal freedoms are even more serious an issue for the future.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ok can you back up your statement with some actual written evidence of your claims? Anyone with a modicum of sense knows it takes years of testing to guarantee no side effects. We all know this vaccine was rushed out and as I said earlier the government wavered your right to sue the makers if it turns out to have long term adverse effects. So yes i would be very interested to know where you got your information? 

https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/how-covid19-vaccine-developed-fast

Yes I agree with you Rumble but my great fear is those liberties being taken away long term by current Covid legislation. Once they change the law to curb your freedom you can bet it will not get reversed again. Although I agree this pandemic is very serious your personal freedoms are even more serious an issue for the future.

I understand your fears and you talk very well on them. It’s hard to argue with your viewpoint even though I do disagree on some of the specifics. I think an additional point is that many people literally can’t be arsed or don’t care. I work in a shop and I’d say currently less that half of folks wear masks. And honestly, without wanting to sound mean, if anyone of them have had deep philosophical runinations on liberty and free will and the role of the state I’d be very very surprised. 

Edited by RumbleFox

I too agree with the sentiment here but the legislation is specific and showing proof of vaccination is not the same as say a national identity card. They shouldn’t use the term covid passport. Take each game one by one. 

• Like 1