Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

59 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think you've undermined your argument there...

But you're ok with others being willing to risk putting your son (and many others) at risk?

That’s something that’s out of my control though isn’t it. 

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I understand your fears and you talk very well on them. It’s hard to argue with your viewpoint even though I do disagree ok some of the specifics. I think an additional point is that many people literally can’t be arsed or don’t care. I work in a shop and I’d say currently less that half of folks wear masks. And honestly, without wanting to sound mean, if anyone of them I’ve had deep philosophical runinations on liberty and free will and the role of the state I’d be very very surprised. 

Freedoms are given to all citizens regardless of intelligence levels. If anything it is up to the intelligent members of society to protect the lesser intelligent from  manipulation and erosion of their freedoms by those who wish to control others.

12 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes I agree with you Rumble but my great fear is those liberties being taken away long term by current Covid legislation. Once they change the law to curb your freedom you can bet it will not get reversed again. Although I agree this pandemic is very serious your personal freedoms are even more serious an issue for the future.

What liberties are being taken away? I don’t think we ever had the right to be a danger to our community. While there’s democracy we ultimately chose those to define our liberties. I find it difficult to come to the conclusion that a democracy can lead to authoritarianism through curbs for the sake of community protection that are chosen by our elected, and possibly removed, leaders. I’m more worried about changes that affect our voting rights.

4 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I too agree with the sentiment here but the legislation is specific and showing proof of vaccination is not the same as say a national identity card. They shouldn’t use the term covid passport. Take each game one by one. 

Legislation can and will be altered at will by any government. I have no doubt whatso ever that once they get people used to having covid jab passports to get into venues it will morph into a national identity card in the very near future. Especially now that technology plays an ever increasing part in all of our lives, the keeping tabs on us all is relatively easy and will get easier with legislation being the tool to do it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

What liberties are being taken away? I don’t think we ever had the right to be a danger to our community. While there’s democracy we ultimately chose those to define our liberties. I find it difficult to come to the conclusion that a democracy can lead to authoritarianism through curbs for the sake of community protection that are chosen by our elected, and possibly removed, leaders. I’m more worried about changes that affect our voting rights.

So some one who has had all the jabs but can still contract and pass on the virus is not a danger to the community?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

you are talking about an individual which has nothing to do with the general debate. Reading some of the comments on here in regards to those who choose not to vaccinate is pretty awful too.

Yes. History should teach us about a large amount of people thinking they were right and looking down on a small group of others. I mean, they’re only following the orders right?

Its no coincidence that there is no comeback on the vaccine producers for rushed procedures and adverse reactions. No surprise either that insurance won’t pay out for deaths or injuries from the jabs either.  

However I would fight and die for people’s right to choose. To me it is THAT important. I have family members jabbed and unjabbed, they all remain my family. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Absolutely. I am not anti vaccination. It's just that I think we are on a very dangerous path when any government can resort to threats , coercion, social exclusion and erosion of personal freedom such as what goes into our bodies. These are the facts . Being double jabbed or even a booster does not stop you getting the virus or passing it on exactly the same as someone who chose not to have a vaccination. I have a choice. It may not be the right choice but I will fight all the way to stop anyone who tries to deny me that choice.

How many more bleedin' times. Jeez. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So some one who has had all the jabs but can still contract and pass on the virus is not a danger to the community?

You’ve not answered my question, to be fair. What liberties are being taken away? We’ve never allowed to willingly be a significant health risk to others.

In an effort to get it back on track, if you’re prevented from attending the football because the country is trying to protect the NHS I have no real problem.

I assume, although please forgive me if I’m misconstruing, your argument is preventing you from going to the football is a number of steps away from preventing other freedoms?

Surely the deciding factor is if you’re a unwitting *significant* biological danger to your community? That your attendance in King Power will spread omicron, eventually get to NHS workers, and endanger people dependent on the NHS?

And while the government decides what’s significant, and the country decides the government, surely we still indirectly decide that? That is, we are still in control of our liberties within the framework of democracy?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not too sure that Leicester is where other clubs would come looking for defensive help.. !!

It's not something we do well ..

Yeah not wise to bring in players from teams with awful defensive records..... Like Southampton.... 🙄

54 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ok can you back up your statement with some actual written evidence of your claims? Anyone with a modicum of sense knows it takes years of testing to guarantee no side effects. We all know this vaccine was rushed out and as I said earlier the government wavered your right to sue the makers if it turns out to have long term adverse effects. So yes i would be very interested to know where you got your information? 

We’ll, since you ask, with regards to the vaccines and side effects, my mother works at Leicester Universities in the cell physiology and pharmacology department. In regards to ICU figures, my wife’s a nurse.

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Care to explain why they are " very silly " I would suggest having something put into your body without you even knowing of the long term consequences is pretty silly. Blind faith is exactly what it is silly. 

'Silly' really is someone that refuses a vaccine during a pandemic. Quite a reserved term, I would suggest something much more descriptive.

Ps. It's not a 'so called vaccine'. 

:nigel:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lads don’t make me have another Foxestalk hiatus. Seriously we’re all sick to death reading about this shit and this a football forum. Take it into the appropriate thread. It’s boring.

Yep, this.

An additional bonus of that thread is that there are scientific answers to pretty much all the concerns that have been raised here, if people wish to read them.

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lads don’t make me have another Foxestalk hiatus. Seriously we’re all sick to death reading about this shit and this a football forum. Take it into the appropriate thread. It’s boring.

Just another place to spout their rehearsed, sanctimonious, aloof, pretentious, patronising and condescending waffle. They won't keep it to the specific thread because they've driven away the normal people and evidently their circle-jerk is less fun without fresh meat to patronise. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

That’s amusing when the viral load in vaccinated and unvaccinated is roughly the same. The other problem is that any benefit from the jabs wanes incredibly quickly. 

I guess we could all quote studies, as there are many on both sides of the argument, although more coming through suggesting side effects and long term damage from the experimental drugs are a concern. I mean even the creator of the process used in these shots is cautioning against their use, especially in children. I guess he’s a nut though. 

Anyway, back on topic, Newcastle not being overrun yet.  Matter of time though I imagine. 

• Like 1