Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Eddie Howe must feel like a Turkey, 3 stuffings in 8 days.   I cannot see him being around beyond this season.

You do wonder, why he wasn’t back in a job post Bournemouth.

They we’re sort of performing better under Bruce. 

• Like 1

A stat I was disappointing unaware of until today. Saint Harry of Kane has scored 1 league goal this season. 1. Wow. 

No media or pundit backlash that I've noticed. If Vardy only had 1 he'd be being crucified. 

I know they've had a couple postponed and he's missed his usual hattrick against us but the postponed games were only this week and last. He really has gone on strike from striking. 

52 minutes ago, sishades said:

19 win in 22 away games for the mancs. Stunning.

Amanda Stabley looks like shes been made from a lump of stone. Great angular jaw bone and cheeks.

Shes a former gf of Randy Andy the Paeodo.(ALLEGEDLY!)

What more need you say about her.

Hope they rot in the Championship, Howe is a wimp.

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

My season ticket works out at about £22 a game for starters, if I was going to Everton today it'd have only cost £30 not £40 or more, as it would for the Chelsea fans travelling to Molleneux, i'm being pedantic of course.

Our situation - we had it called off because we didn't have a fit CB (We do but choose not to use him/them), simple as that as far as i'm concerned, absolutely nothing to do with Covid, given how awful we've been in defence this season, playing the reserves actually sounds quite appealing, they can't do any worse.

It was called off because of covid related no cbs were down to injury the Premier league would have made us play we had a couple more covid cases on the Thursday cancelling Tottenham and Everton where did you think we got them cancelled because of injury 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

My season ticket works out at about £22 a game for starters, if I was going to Everton today it'd have only cost £30 not £40 or more, as it would for the Chelsea fans travelling to Molleneux, i'm being pedantic of course.

Our situation - we had it called off because we didn't have a fit CB (We do but choose not to use him/them), simple as that as far as i'm concerned, absolutely nothing to do with Covid, given how awful we've been in defence this season, playing the reserves actually sounds quite appealing, they can't do any worse.

You can't just make up Covid cases. Given we had issues in Napoli and seemingly the Newcastle game was close to being called off there was a fair chance more positive tests were coming.

43 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

We really softened Chelsea up in that 0-3 defeat. They've been shite ever since.

Same happened last season with them. They looked the best in the league then the arrogance set in. Didn’t chillwell write have an article saying they felt like nobody could beat them. Then crashed just like they are now lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Same happened last season with them. They looked the best in the league then the arrogance set in. Didn’t chillwell write have an article saying they felt like nobody could beat them. Then crashed just like they are now lol

Tbf they did win the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Either that or the injury to chilwell . Happy to take the credit but rather they win it than Liverpool 

I was being facetious tbh lol We really didn't lay a glove on them that day.

Chilly is disliked on here (in the main), I can understand that somewhat, but there's no doubt he's been adding an extra dimension to Chelsea when fit. It's not simply a coincidence that they've faltered a bit since he's been out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

It was called off because of covid related no cbs were down to injury the Premier league would have made us play we had a couple more covid cases on the Thursday cancelling Tottenham and Everton where did you think we got them cancelled because of injury 

Rodgers was complaining and said we requested to call the game off because of our injuries, they refused, quite rightly.

Brendan Rodgers:

"We were a big doubt for the game against Newcastle with all the issues and problmes we had but because of the greater good of the game, and the supporters, we obviously played the game," he added.

"Since then we've picked up a couple more injuries as well that are maybe not directly for Covid but they're certainly Covid related because players are picking up injuries because we can't rotate the squad and the team.

Then we had a couple more cases on the Thursday, coincidentally or not.

I'd by cynical and skeptical of other clubs, i'd be a hypocrite if I let it slide just because it's the club I support.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

You can't just make up Covid cases. Given we had issues in Napoli and seemingly the Newcastle game was close to being called off there was a fair chance more positive tests were coming.

You say that but this was Rodgers in the press conference ahead of the Newcastle game

Leicester City won't postpone this weekend's clash with Newcastle unless the club's Covid outbreak reaches an "absolutely critical stage".

Despite then moving the goalposts a few days later claiming "We were a big doubt for the game against Newcastle" (See above), so which is it.

"I want the players to play," said Rodgers when asked if he was confident the game would go ahead.

"We won't find excuses unless we get to an absolutely critical stage.

"We want to play football games. We will recover, and look to get back out there on Sunday.

The gamechanger? Soyuncu getting injured at the end of the Newcastle game.

I understand the privacy nature of not being privy to who's got it but it emerged quite soon after the original Covid cases who the 7 were, do we know who the new cases on Thursday were?

38 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

A stat I was disappointing unaware of until today. Saint Harry of Kane has scored 1 league goal this season. 1. Wow. 

No media or pundit backlash that I've noticed. If Vardy only had 1 he'd be being crucified. 

I know they've had a couple postponed and he's missed his usual hattrick against us but the postponed games were only this week and last. He really has gone on strike from striking. 

You jinxed it. Well done.