Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, lcfc cowboys said:

It was called off because of covid related no cbs were down to injury the Premier league would have made us play we had a couple more covid cases on the Thursday cancelling Tottenham and Everton where did you think we got them cancelled because of injury 

It was called off as you say because we had fresh cases on the Thursday and would have been unaware at the scale of the outbreak. It looks like it’s involved Under 23 players with us as well. LCFC will be getting results today from testing yesterday; I know Barnes is vaccinated as he was spotted walking around Fosse Park. 

The problem the PL has at the moment is the unvaccinated players have to isolate when in close contact. Teams such as Liverpool and Wolves with high vaccination rates are having cases but players are able to play still. In reality we could have 3 covid cases but 4 players who have to isolate. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

We’ll, since you ask, with regards to the vaccines and side effects, my mother works at Leicester Universities in the cell physiology and pharmacology department. In regards to ICU figures, my wife’s a nurse.

Yes and that equates to Government data does it?

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

You’ve not answered my question, to be fair. What liberties are being taken away? We’ve never allowed to willingly be a significant health risk to others.

In an effort to get it back on track, if you’re prevented from attending the football because the country is trying to protect the NHS I have no real problem.

I assume, although please forgive me if I’m misconstruing, your argument is preventing you from going to the football is a number of steps away from preventing other freedoms?

Surely the deciding factor is if you’re a unwitting *significant* biological danger to your community? That your attendance in King Power will spread omicron, eventually get to NHS workers, and endanger people dependent on the NHS?

And while the government decides what’s significant, and the country decides the government, surely we still indirectly decide that? That is, we are still in control of our liberties within the framework of democracy?

It all depends on who is doing the deciding. 

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

You need to read it again. at no point does it state that having the jabs stop you from contracting it or passing it on. Jeez how many more times?

Everyone knows being jabbed doesn’t mean you can’t still catch it surely? It just means your less likely to get ****ed up from it which both helps the individual and also means the NHS should have less people with covid to care for. 

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I was being facetious tbh lol We really didn't lay a glove on them that day.

Chilly is disliked on here (in the main), I can understand that somewhat, but there's no doubt he's been adding an extra dimension to Chelsea when fit. It's not simply a coincidence that they've faltered a bit since he's been out.

In fairness this is why I still think lampard will make a good manager. 

he had huge faith in mount, Abraham tomori when most wouldn’t have given them a chance. He was 100% behind them targeting chilwell. 

it was the signings forced on him that ultimately lead to his downfall. (Not that anyone would have been against the players they got in. 

Although of course there is the flip side of him misusing kante and freezing out rudiger. 

His next job will be an interesting one to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Everyone knows being jabbed doesn’t mean you can’t still catch it surely? It just means your less likely to get ****ed up from it which both helps the individual and also means the NHS should have less people with covid to care for. 

You would think so but unfortunately they don’t