Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

26 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

They won’t want to cancel the Boxing Day fixtures, personally think teams who have enough players should carry on playing 

Playing devil’s advocate, I know we shouldn’t be crying a river for the big boys but any team in Chelsea’s situation has a right to be annoyed. They are missing just as many players as most of the teams who got their games cancelled and you could argue it’s cost them the chance to win the league. 

If everyone was made to play, you couldn’t complain but the decision making on what games go ahead have to  be completely clear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Playing devil’s advocate, I know we shouldn’t be crying a river for the big boys but any team in Chelsea’s situation has a right to be annoyed. They are missing just as many players as most of the teams who got their games cancelled and you could argue it’s cost them the chance to win the league. 

If everyone was made to play, you couldn’t complain but the decision making on what games go ahead have to  be completely clear. 

I think it was right Chelsea were made to play. They had enough players.

But I’d agree that the criteria for cancellations needs to be clear and applied across the board 

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

No, it's a yellow card foul. He's tried to boot the ball and missed it. It's nowhere near as bad as Kane's in the first half.

Let's be clear. He intendid to kick the ball but He absolutely intended to leave one on the player. He does it alot and gets away with it alot. 

• Like 1

very very dodgy call that to not give England’s darling captain a red. If that was any other striker in the league it’s looked at thoroughly by VAR. than the ref goes to the monitor and presto! 

The powers that be don’t want a poster boy like kane to get his marching orders and give advantage to Liverpool but even worse kane gets a match suspension. Typical and blatant bias if I ever saw one. No wonder kloppers has lost his sheister. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

very very dodgy call that to not give England’s darling captain a red. If that was any other striker in the league it’s looked at thoroughly by VAR. than the ref goes to the monitor and presto! 

The powers that be don’t want a poster boy like kane to get his marching orders and give advantage to Liverpool but even worse kane gets a match suspension. Typical and blatant bias if I ever saw one. No wonder kloppers has lost his sheister. 

Kane is the modern day Shearer as far as the games administrators go.

• Like 1

This current off side none flagging really pisses me off if it’s clearly off side call it, fair enough if unsure let go and review if necessary.

I understand about letting the game flow but it can actually waste time and end up being advantages to the offending team when they end up with a corner.

If they really want to keep the game flowing sort out the free kicks where players deliberately impede the taker and also do something about the time taken to set up free kicks near the goal where most of them come to nothing anyway.

If you’re going to introduce new laws every season make sure you enforce them, surely Robertson shouldn’t have been allowed to exit on the other side of the pitch furthest from the incident.

I feel better now. ;)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

In which case whats the point of the beautiful game if its so corrupt?

Its halfway to the FIA fixing results.

In my experience the more money involved the less reliable "impatriality" becomes.

Clear to me Kane got away with that awful tackle because of who/what he is.. Shameful.

13 minutes ago, J. James said:

In which case whats the point of the beautiful game if its so corrupt?

Its halfway to the FIA fixing results.

In my experience the more money involved the less reliable "impatriality" becomes.

Clear to me Kane got away with that awful tackle because of who/what he is.. Shameful.

Yeah - it would never have happened twenty odd years ago with the england captain ….

hang on 

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

If they really want to keep the game flowing sort out the free kicks where players deliberately impede the taker and also do something about the time taken to set up free kicks near the goal where most of them come to nothing anyway.

I completely agree with you on the free kicks in and around the centre circle area of the pitch it goes unpunished too often, the ones near the goal it’s a combination of players and the ref who slows the game down with his magic spray for the defenders then magic spay for the attacking teams wall and I can’t see how this situation can be improved 

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

surely Robertson shouldn’t have been allowed to exit on the other side of the pitch furthest from the incident.

On red cards it’s for the players safety as they could walk pass the away section 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Otis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59721355

But City manager Pep Guardiola disagreed as he told Sky Sports: "Fraser didn't have the ball, Joao [Cancelo] had the ball. If Fraser had the ball then it was a penalty but Joao had it so no penalty."

Pep needs to learn the actual rules.

And  you can be sure he would have been jumping around for a penalty if such an incident had been at the other end!

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think Furuhashi will be in the EPL next season, anyone seen his insane second goal for Celtic today. He's already scored 15 goals in all competitions for Celtic including 5 in the Europa league. He's to good for SPL reminds me of Vardy, which EPL would he go to? My guess is Arsenal

Is there not a conveyor belt?

Celtic - Southampton- Liverpool 

That's my guess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Is there not a conveyor belt?

Celtic - Southampton- Liverpool 

That's my guess.

Your probably right Southampton desperately need a goal scorer, but with Furuhashi scoring for fun at Celtic, he'll definitely be around 25 to 30m which would be sizable profit for Celtic who only paid acouple of million for him. Thought that Arsenal may fancy him as Aubameyang and maybe also Laca may not be at Arsenal next season

2 hours ago, Otis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59721355

But City manager Pep Guardiola disagreed as he told Sky Sports: "Fraser didn't have the ball, Joao [Cancelo] had the ball. If Fraser had the ball then it was a penalty but Joao had it so no penalty."

Pep needs to learn the actual rules.

His opinion would obviously be different if the situation was reversed. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I see Eddie Howe thinks his side are moving in the right direction. I assume he means towards the EFL??

To be fair, I think given the dire situation Newcastle were in when he was appointed, surely he got the job with rebuild and promotion from the Championship in mind, rather than staying up.  

6 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Well sorry media but Salah only equalled Jamie’s record, so stuff that up your sphincter! 

Im so glad, he didnt break his record because there would of been an hour long documentary on sky sports about it for years to come. uhhh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1