Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

12 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

The Perez sending off at West Ham was correct but in the last few days we're seeing the same and worse unpunished or Yellow, it's just a lottery. No clear and obvious error by the ref? Give him the clarity of the pictures, the extra detail and let him decide, it's understandable he got it wrong but help him get it right. It's b******s at the moment.

But then the problem is that what angle and what speed the video is shown to the ref is filled with prejudices and prejudgment by the VAR. They almost never shown the incidents in real time and only at certain prejudged angles. I am not sure why they don’t show what they show even to TV audience. They do it in such a way almost as if they have already made the call before the match refs go and see the videos, and they are just getting the match refs to front the decision.

Unless vision is obstructed, quite often that instinctively on field decision is the best decision.

7 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

To be fair, I think given the dire situation Newcastle were in when he was appointed, surely he got the job with rebuild and promotion from the Championship in mind, rather than staying up.  

They would probably have been better off retaining Steve Bruce until the end of the season. They deserve everything that is coming their way.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Did chuckle at seeing klopp and tuchel join forces in complaining about their fixture lists. Two clubs with pretty deep squads

Quite. 

You know it's nearly Christmas when Klopp complains about playing football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Ramsdale gone up in my estimations after we played them and he was playfully joining in with the fans.

He's having a good season also.

I thought our fans were ridiculous towards him to be honest, embarrassed themselves. He had an incredible game against us and all he did was give back a bit of what he got. Fair play to him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought our fans were ridiculous towards him to be honest, embarrassed themselves. He had an incredible game against us and all he did was give back a bit of what he got. Fair play to him. 

Yeah I can't knock it when players give it back, at least it shows something in them. We love it when Vardy does it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Ramsdale gone up in my estimations after we played them and he was playfully joining in with the fans.

He's having a good season also.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's a really good keeper. After a few mistakes early last season, he really settled down and had a decent campaign for a shocking Sheffield United side. He's taken that into this season at Arsenal and he's seen an opportunity to become one of the defining voices and personalities for a club that could get back to where it used to be if things fall in place for them.

I think his ability and personality will give him a great chance of ousting Pickford as England's number 1. There's competition (and I thought Dean Henderson was going to be that guy at one point) but he's at a huge club that likes to play football, he's a big personality and an excellent shot stopper. I think that ticks a lot of Southgate's boxes, so it'll be interesting how things go in the lead-up to Qatar.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I think he's a really good keeper. After a few mistakes early last season, he really settled down and had a decent campaign for a shocking Sheffield United side. He's taken that into this season at Arsenal and he's seen an opportunity to become one of the defining voices and personalities for a club that could get back to where it used to be if things fall in place for them.

I think his ability and personality will give him a great chance of ousting Pickford as England's number 1. There's competition (and I thought Dean Henderson was going to be that guy at one point) but he's at a huge club that likes to play football, he's a big personality and an excellent shot stopper. I think that ticks a lot of Southgate's boxes, so it'll be interesting how things go in the lead-up to Qatar.

Yeah I slated him a lot last season but I guess he was behind a really shit team. He played a blinder against us and I've seen him equally as good when Arsenal are on TV.

I think he will give Pickford a run for the Country's number one spot. Although I do think Pickford plays better for England than Everton. Henderson should have got out of Man Utd because he's never going to dislodge De Gea as number one (De Gea is only 31 too). I still like Pope too but I think Ramsdale has gone above Pope now for the number 1 spot (although Pope could benefit a move to a bigger club also).

• Like 1

It really is great to see us have so many options for England number 1. It's not long ago Joe Hart was the default, mostly because he could sing the anthem louder than everyone else. 

One thing I will admit is that Southgate seems to get better out of some players than when they play for their clubs (Sterling, Pickford, Kane). 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2021 at 08:19, Silva Fox said:

Ryan Bertrand

I suspect he's now become an untouchable and we've done everyone a favour by showing him as one. How generous City can be in rescuing down-and-outs. 

It looks like Newcastle are for the plunge, even if they manage to persuade someone(s) to transfer in on the promise of loadsamoney. Took City several seasons and a fortuitous fishing net to establish themselves back in the Premier.

I wonder what Balotelli is doing these days.

19 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Tbf slag him all you want but Salah is a truly wonderful player. X 

He's up there with Ian Rush and Marco van Basten. Might even be at the Messi level. Amazingly quick thinker and accurate and powerful shooter. And, apparently, a nice guy.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get this defence at all. If anything it makes it worse as Kane's foot is also then too high? 

Not even that. Just break his ankle instead of his tibia. 

Wonder which clubs voted for football to carry on. I suspect any club that has had recent/current covid cases may have wanted a break, and those that would face fixture congestion in 2nd half of the season didn't want a break... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Gallagher saying the only reason Kane wasn’t sent off was because of the height of his boot lol 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't get this defence at all. If anything it makes it worse as Kane's foot is also then too high? 

That's because it's a load of b@llocks. The only reason is that it was Kane.