Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Does this now mean that no-one can request a postponement? 

I think they can, just carrying on as we have been but no full list of postponements. Case-by-case basis to continue but the clubs will need to be diligent about the protocols- no more outbreaks will be tolerated, maybe isolated cases from now on.

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder which clubs voted for football to carry on. I suspect any club that has had recent/current covid cases may have wanted a break, and those that would face fixture congestion in 2nd half of the season didn't want a break... 

Yes - be the usual self interests and be clubs who can have a 13 man squad and still be  pretty useful. 

16 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Your probably right Southampton desperately need a goal scorer, but with Furuhashi scoring for fun at Celtic, he'll definitely be around 25 to 30m which would be sizable profit for Celtic who only paid acouple of million for him. Thought that Arsenal may fancy him as Aubameyang and maybe also Laca may not be at Arsenal next season

I’m not sure if it’s the arsenal way really. I’d imagine they would go for an already established name. 

It’s the same reason clubs had doubts over edouard for so long, he hasn’t exactly proved everyone wrong at this stage.

I suggested him a fair while ago in the transfer section, as the fact he also plays on wing means if he’s great, we don’t get stuck in a daka/ him scenario.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Might be one for tbe unpopular opinion thread but I agree with the idea of scrapping all fa cup replays and knocking the league cup semi final down to one leg.

I’ve got an argument for you here. I am all for scrapping fa cup replays but with a new rule in place. If the game is tied after 90 the lower league opposition progresses to the next round. 

same division then pens. 

That extra game could keep a club lower in the pyramid afloat... so if they get their tie they will still get their next game. 

52 minutes ago, lanefox said:

so the R figure in London is going to dictate everything…how am I not surprised 

Remember when Leicester were stuck in lockdown whilst the rest of the country opened up (To a extent) and the London clubs were allowed to let fans it...

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What was the point of bringing in vaccine passports if they are considering going behind closed doors again ? Or is this an admission that vaccine passports won’t make any difference at all ?

......Which is another way of saying that the VACCINES AREN'T WORKING - so what a waste of a titanic effort!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Wonder which clubs voted for football to carry on. I suspect any club that has had recent/current covid cases may have wanted a break, and those that would face fixture congestion in 2nd half of the season didn't want a break... 

We'd fall in to both, which makes it a tough choice for us 

50 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve got an argument for you here. I am all for scrapping fa cup replays but with a new rule in place. If the game is tied after 90 the lower league opposition progresses to the next round. 

same division then pens. 

That extra game could keep a club lower in the pyramid afloat... so if they get their tie they will still get their next game. 

I reckon in any game, regardless of division that club plays in and against, it just goes to penalties after a draw. Forget extra-time. Just 90mins then penalties if a draw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No vote took place.

Strikes Omicron has changed the game. So Vaccine Passports aren't going to be as effective (even though they still have an impact as this isn't binary),

Not surprised they made no changes to the fixtures. There are no adults in the room anymore. I'd be interested to know how clubs have voted because I don't think this is about the big clubs as we're seeing with Liverpool and Chelsea. Both I should imagine desperate for their games to be called off. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Might be one for tbe unpopular opinion thread but I agree with the idea of scrapping all fa cup replays and knocking the league cup semi final down to one leg.

Apart from it's not great for football league teams who have no money. For them to get a result and bring a PL team home is massive.

I don't mind League Cup semi final down to one leg as long as it's played at a neutral ground.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Apart from it's not great for football league teams who have no money. For them to get a result and bring a PL team home is massive.

I don't mind League Cup semi final down to one leg as long as it's played at a neutral ground.

If it's not on telly, it doesn't make huge amounts of money as the gate receipts have to be split. 

Slightly different competition but Barrow mentioned it was only when Villa gave them their cut on their recent League Cup tie, it made a real difference because of all the extra staffing costs for the larger crowd (ticketing, stewarding, catering) 

33 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Freedom of speech is one thing, but I don't think you should be allowed to spout this shit. For the millionth time, vaccines reduce risk of catching the virus, getting seriously ill from it, or dying from it. They don't eliminate risk. There is enough disinformation out there already without rubbish like this appearing on Foxestalk

Hey! I'm not saying they dont work - indeed i'm praising the titanic effort of the vaccine roll out. What i'm pointing out is: if 'authorities' demand games are played behind closed doors, they are in effect stating that vaccine passports dont work, which in turn implies the vaccine doesnt work. I actually agree with all you say.

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If it's not on telly, it doesn't make huge amounts of money as the gate receipts have to be split. 

Slightly different competition but Barrow mentioned it was only when Villa gave them their cut on their recent League Cup tie, it made a real difference because of all the extra staffing costs for the larger crowd (ticketing, stewarding, catering) 

Yeah I did see Villa donated their gate recipients to Barrow which was great to see.

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Re the PL continuing on even with Covid cases:

Teams need consequences for having players unvaccinated. And the big clubs will hopefully be worst hit by it as they have huge squads.

Completely disagree. What a load of nonsense. 

Should your workplace be punished for having staff unvaccinated?

• Like 1