Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I reckon in any game, regardless of division that club plays in and against, it just goes to penalties after a draw. Forget extra-time. Just 90mins then penalties if a draw.

It’s the money of another game they want, I’m sure many clubs would take that over a better chance of progression. 

perhaps the fa could step in with a comisserations payment  for clubs knocked out after a tie.

I just look and think someone like harrogate would be a little annoyed if they drew at home and lost on penalties when they could have had another game at anfield or somewhere. Even if they knew they’d get spanked in the reverse fixture 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Re the PL continuing on even with Covid cases:

Teams need consequences for having players unvaccinated. And the big clubs will hopefully be worst hit by it as they have huge squads.

While I'm painfully frustrated and irritated with people who don't get jabbed (let alone a bunch of privelaged overpayed healthy footballers who don't) nearly two years into this nightmare clubs can't force players to get jabbed if they don't want to. It would be unfair that the whole club should suffer consequences for the selfish few inside.

The other argument is they should coerce them by threatening them into not being played, being exiled from the rest of the team etc. But again it really only hurts the larger club.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

While I'm painfully frustrated and irritated with people who don't get jabbed (let alone a bunch of privelaged overpayed healthy footballers who don't) nearly two years into this nightmare clubs can't force players to get jabbed if they don't want to. It would be unfair that the whole club should suffer consequences for the selfish few inside.

The other argument is they should coerce them by threatening them into not being played, being exiled from the rest of the team etc. But again it really only hurts the larger club.  

I don't like Liverpool's hollier than thou mantra and i'm not fan of Klopp flying off the handle (Although it is funny in certain situations) but the more time that passes it's hard to argue with how they play compared to other clubs and the values he (Klopp) and Liverpool hold.

I think we and other clubs should follow their hard line on it having an effect on who they sign in the future.

48 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Completely disagree. What a load of nonsense. 

Should your workplace be punished for having staff unvaccinated?

The argument could be hit the individuals in the pocket - they're wealthy enough as it is and i'm sure 10 days of isolation isn't going to hit them hard but at the same time the astronomical wages they're on could make them think, after all more wants more and they'd probably cry and moan about it.

Right so if I wasn't double jabbed but came into contact with someone who had it i'd have to self isolate, i'm not entitled to sick pay I bet they're still getting paid close to more than I am in a year during that isolation whilst they're sat in their ivory tower not jabbed - the workplace shouldn't necessarily be punished, the individuals should.

Not to mention their contribution to games being called off at short notice when paying fans have spent a fortune (Away and home) travelling to games only to be turned around to go home.

Given we didn't punish (Or fine?) the players who broke rules and having a party before West Ham last season there's no hope for us having a hard line though unfortunately.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

......Which is another way of saying that the VACCINES AREN'T WORKING - so what a waste of a titanic effort!

As a person who trusts governments - any government- 0.5% l have to say your posts are dangerous, l trust in science and to say that the vaccine isnt working flies in the face of (unfortunately for the deniers) FACTS.

There are 3 sorts of information that can be broadcast in this scenario: 1.things that are true 2.things that are debatable 3.things that are false.

Your assertion that the vaccine doesn't work is squarely in the last of these.

If you'd said that - lets say " Ade Akinbiyi is the best striker city ever had" that would be debatable (just) but harmless,  but to potentially encourage other easily influenced people to not get vaccinated is downright reckless and harmful.

Please stop.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Good point made by Pep in his post match interview yesterday when asked why did drop three players. Pointed out that behaviour at this period is important which suggests that those three players may have been to a party or similar 

Who were the three? I've paid no attention since I knew our match was off.

Edited by Rain King

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Hey! I'm not saying they dont work - indeed i'm praising the titanic effort of the vaccine roll out. What i'm pointing out is: if 'authorities' demand games are played behind closed doors, they are in effect stating that vaccine passports dont work, which in turn implies the vaccine doesnt work. I actually agree with all you say.

Perhaps it is more likely an acceptance that it would be impossible to enforce the passport in the context of football entrances and the large numbers coming in a short space of time, as well as the possibility of fraud in the passports. In other words, it's the process of using the passport at football matches that won't work and no reflection at all on the efficacy of the jab.

5 hours ago, lanefox said:

so the R figure in London is going to dictate everything…how am I not surprised 

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends if it is historically indicative of the national trend at large, no?

London is ahead of the rest of the country ref omicron infections - so it could be judged to be a reasonable indicator of what’s coming 

However, vax rates in London are generally lower than the the rest of the country 

however, so is Leicester’s (I believe)

FA fine Leeds £20K for "surrounding the referee" and "failing to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion". Now, many will know I'm no lover of Leeds but I wonder if this financial penalty will be administered to Manure, Liverpool and other so-called top teams?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

FA fine Leeds £20K for "surrounding the referee" and "failing to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion". Now, many will know I'm no lover of Leeds but I wonder if this financial penalty will be administered to Manure, Liverpool and other so-called top teams?

133SGq9.gif

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Danny Murphy is such a twat. 

"He's just being himself!!" 

Well yeah, Danny. Colin Pitchfork was "just being himself." Bin Laden was "just being himself." James Corden is "just being himself."

That's not an excuse for being a cvnt. 

Bloody hell Colin Pitchfork, Bin Laden - James Corden - not sure he belongs on that list 😂 

• Haha 2

I wonder if the Premier League objected to the proposal of the World Cup being held every 2 years? 

I believe the summit is today? With FIFA offering money for countries to approve it. 😂 Nothing like a blatant bribe. UEFA should just walk away from this shower ….

The players will be burnt out. At this point the joint discussed UEFA and CONEMBOL Nations League held every 4 years might be a better alternative, despite FIFAs best attempts to block it, It’ll cut out all the pointless qualifiers that aren’t needed. We’d just need the in-season friendlies to go in the bin as well, then the players might actually get some in season rest. 

Edited by Sly