Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

31 minutes ago, KFS said:

Serial winner though. Imagine what he’d have to say to dumb and dumber (Maddison and Perez) after their antics pre-West Ham…

Would probably score more than Perez and Madders too!  But his wages would be that of four players!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Just saw Sancho to Yanited for €85m described as the 'bargain of the century'. 

That's the Sancho who their city rivals sold for just £8m four years ago and will get another £10m from this transaction alone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Just saw Sancho to Yanited for €85m described as the 'bargain of the century'. 

Everything wrong with Man Utd and their fans in a nutshell right there lol 

• Like 1

Man United with Sancho and Varane is a very strong squad. They still have issues in central midfield for me; playing Fred and McTominay won't win the league any time soon with that pairing. But the rest of the squad is littered with stars. 4 points out of 6 and a cup win against them made last season our best ever season against them last time round, but can see it being harder in 2021/22. 

59 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Official...

Honestly don't understand why they've spent so much money on him, he's looked ok over the past years but he isn't an 80million quid player

Considering Mahrez cost Man City 60 million a few years ago who is a much better player that's a shocking deal

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely flops at united

Edited by MrSpaM

I see the media is intent on selling all our players, Ndidi being one of them!!!

Ndidi response

Responding to speculation surrounding his future, Ndidi told ESPN last year: “We are doing well and I am enjoying myself here.

“I still have a contract with Leicester. I am learning and trying to improve myself every day and I am doing OK here, so no need to go anywhere.”

• Like 1

Like I’ve said so many times before. United don’t need Sancho to improve. They’re bowing to the pressure of their Fifa playing weirdo fans. Their midfield is shite and defence is ropey. 

32 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Honestly don't understand why they've spent so much money on him, he's looked ok over the past years but he isn't an 80million quid player

Considering Mahrez cost Man City 60 million a few years ago who is a much better player that's a shocking deal

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely flops at united

just a more fashionable Dan James. 

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's looked more than just "OK". He's scored 50 goals for Dortnund in the last 3 seasons as a winger. And he's only 21. Think about that. 50 goals for a big German club from aged 18-21. That's phenomenal. If Harvey Barnes scored 14, 20, 16 in hjs last 3 seasons we would demand £200m for him. Sancho is a brilliant player, a huge upgrade on Martial And Rashford. 

The obvious question is, can he step up to PL level and particularly Man U. Dortmund's style of football definitely suited him and he was trusted to start most games.

At Man U he has to earn a regular place. Some players struggle to hit the ground running when they are constantly limited to off the bench appearances.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Everything wrong with Man Utd and their fans in a nutshell right there lol 

Chelsea fans too, admittedly on Twitter which is the worst of the worst, but they're saying things like, "We haven't even made a signing yet..."

They spent about a billion last summer, what could they possibly need?

There’s a juicy Bundesliga +50% bonus to any goal or assist figures coming from Germany. So Sancho's numbers need taking with a pinch of salt.

Werner got 28 goals last season and 6 this season in a very similar amount of minutes.

Havertz 4 this season, 12 last.

Paco Alcacer got 18 goals in ~1200 minutes for Dortmund in 18/19. Since leaving Germany, he’s got 10 goals in ~2500 minutes.

Sancho is a wonderful player and think he will make man u better but they have to make sure they play to his strengths or its a wasted signing.

He is brilliant on the counter and in transition, which man u do excel at against the better teams. However, he needs an attacking full back to really help him find the space to do his magic against packed defences. That will be fine on the left with Shaw but not sure about AWB helping much on the right. Think he will be a success though, especially with fernandes feeding him.